test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Heart of Fire Preview Patch Notes: NW.105.20180924a.1

Comments

• Options
    melindaozmelindaoz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 114 Arc User
    Yes, I've run into the bug where you claim the gathering resource from the collections box and it doesn't progress the tutorial. A little frustrating
  • Options
    lordaeoloslordaeolos Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User

Unable to progress through the Tutorial Quest in professions. "Take Item From Delivery Chest" is not registered double clicking the item to remove, nor is it registering the "collect all" button

Did you click inside the green box? I couldn't access the chest until I had progressed through the tutorial's green info boxes.

tried a new character, clicking each green box, etc... completely unable to progress through the tutorial past collecting items from the delivery box, which means the inability to test.
    "Lord Willow"
    Guild Leader: Mistaken Identity (formerly Midnight Express)
    My Twitch Stream
    See my Youtube Channel for guides and more

"Don't ever become a pessimist... a pessimist is correct oftener than an optimist, but an optimist has more fun, and neither can stop the march of events."
  • Options
    mduf17mduf17 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14 Arc User
    Same here for collect. Copied after all old professions slots here empty and after collecting, it does not advance task. No progress possible. :(
  • Options
    labruslabrus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    in the same spot :anguished: oh well, i can wait until next week if that is required.
    Team Fencebane
    Belphegor Fiendspawn and Ragnar Lodbrok to yer service
  • Options
    mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
    onodrain said:

mushellka said:

terramak said:

I checked w/ Asterdahl, reinforcement kits will be coming but aren't yet available.

Why do I get the impression that something with these reinforcement kits is wrong?
    I am afraid that we will probably see them so late that we will not be able to react to a change that is unfavorable to us ;)
    If by wrong you mean that you will have a normal quality and a high-quality version of the kits, then yeah, something will be wrong.

If you mean the devs have completely made a mess of it, then I think you are being a bit too pessimistic at this juncture. Have a little faith! =p
    I have been playing for over 4 years (CW main), my faith died of hunger :anguished:
    I love this game. <3 But it is apparently love without reciprocity.

Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    Ok they mention a fix to VIP...how do you get VIP in preview???
  • Options
    dominious12dominious12 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    terramak said:

Old mortars and philosopher's stones can now properly be exchanged for Asset Exchange credit.
    Crucibles still can't be exchanged.
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User

Characters on this server are being rolled back to their state immediately prior to the Heart of Fire Preview release on 2018-09-21. This means new characters will disappear, but you can still copy characters freely from the Live shard.

oh no! everything is wiped?

Yup, that explains why 2 characters disappeared from Preview shard ecause they were made after 9-21-18.
  • Options
    because
  • Options

Unable to progress through the Tutorial Quest in professions. "Take Item From Delivery Chest" is not registered double clicking the item to remove, nor is it registering the "collect all" button

Did you click inside the green box? I couldn't access the chest until I had progressed through the tutorial's green info boxes.

Yes, but the boxes wouldn't advance.
  • Options
    mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User

has the OP "you must equip a weapon" message on first load been fixed yet ?

Got this on console last night on my TR when inspecting another TR.
  • Options
    hfleethfleet Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    melindaoz said:

Yes, I've run into the bug where you claim the gathering resource from the collections box and it doesn't progress the tutorial. A little frustrating

Stuck at the very same spot :-(
  • Options
    theflowerbottheflowerbot Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    I tried the workaround to claim all profession tasks before copying my toon .. I suppose you meant have no professions running at all before copying? because just claiming and resetting tasks to run didn't help - still can't progress. NB: green box click didn't work either.

*update* I stopped all running professions except for a couple of upgrades that were too far advanced, then copied my toon and went into preview. Because my upgrades only took up 2 slots in the box, I could progress a little further, but now the 'Running a Workshop' quest is stuck on 'Take Your Item From the Delivery Box', I suppose thats because the box is not empty after I collect the quest item. I must have set the gathering task to 'as many as possible' and items are still being gathered ..
    Post edited by theflowerbot on
    Before you jump to judge me, know this - I was called flowerbot long before I started playing Neverwinter.
  • Options
    rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    I've logged on live server again and cleaned my Proffessions tasks, after that, made a copy of those toons
    doing that way i can copy toons and my gathering box is not bugged anymore

Idk if you guys fixed or if was old tasks that caused the bug but is working fine now...

Correction now i CAN get my stuff from the box but the task wont complet...
    Post edited by rafaelda on
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    I thought I would try a new toon and do gathering task with just 1 instead of as many as possible...with this toon can't even get that far. at the point where I need to craft and 3 times in a row when I hit F at the craft table client crashed. submitted the error tickets.
  • Options
    cthoncthon Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    @asterdahl
    BUG: I have copied characters over with NO professions tasks active, and NO professions quests (such as MW, etc). I am able to progress to taking the items from the box, can remove the items, but the quest does not progress and stays at "Take items from box" stage. I have followed and clicked all green boxes, etc.

To expand on the above... I have:
    Cancelled or collected any professions tasks
    Removed/cancelled any professions related quests
    Collected all overflow rewards prior to copy
    Logged out
    Gotten coffee
    Copied character
    Followed quest instructions to the letter (clicking in green boxes, etc)
    Have tried both doubleclicking and using the Collect All button to remove resources
    Received the resources
    Quest does not progress

I have tried this on multiple copies of the same toon, and on different toons. Also posting this in the Professions Feedback thread.
    Post edited by cthon on
  • Options
    rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    cthon said:

@asterdahl
    BUG: I have copied characters over with NO professions tasks active, and NO professions quests (such as MW, etc). I am able to progress to taking the items from the box, can remove the items, but the quest does not progress and stays at "Take items from box" stage. I have followed and clicked all green boxes, etc.

Logged out
    Gotten coffee
    Copied character
    Have tried both doubleclicking and using the Collect All button to remove resources
    Received the resources
    Quest does not progress

I have tried this on multiple copies of the same toon, and on different toons. Also posting this in the Professions Feedback thread.

did it all but the coffee part lol
  • Options
    silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    cthon said:

@asterdahl

Logged out
    Gotten coffee
    Copied character
    Received the resources
    Quest does not progress

Same. After all that, I also tried filling up the available row in the delivery box with Gathered materials and collecting them all. No change. Then I tried placing a crafting order and took that from the box. No change.
  • Options
    cthoncthon Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    Yeah. I've even completely wiped all toons from preview, copied over a single character with no tasks or quests, still run into the same issue. And as such, can't level up workshop, etc.
  • Options
    badgerpants999badgerpants999 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
    hfleet said:

melindaoz said:

Stuck at the very same spot :-(
    Got stuck there as well. Collected item from box, task still says I must collect item from box.

• Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Nevermind... same bug for me too :3

Maybe you guys did this, but I went in this morning and, since my progress was reset like everyone else, I started over. Got to the gathering step, opened the box, noticed my items from old professions were in there but couldn't click the collect button... then I clicked the green tutorial box on the right and... I could collect my items and move on with things. Could be you already did this, but it tripped me up for a second so thought I'd throw it out there.
  • Options
    lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    pitshade said:

> @lowjohn said:

> No chance we can advance the campaign without involving Team HAMSTER? Because I'd choose that over just about every other option.

They are involving that? Seriously poor taste for a game rated for Teens.

They're not referencing it. They are bringing in *the people* from it and their other creations.

And since the Penny Arcade guys are HAMSTER joke enthusiasts and chronic sexist harassers, I'd prefer to be able to play Neverwinter without them, without their characters, without being reminded they exist. A whole module of Team HAMSTER content is really not a good look.
  • Options
    nevertwinevertwi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 80 Arc User
    The toon that i used in this bugthread vanished due to the server rollback. Not only that it took hours to build him, the farming time for the ~100 Spli Tis for the Undead Slayer +5 and the Shadowstalker +5 Ring are lost too. Guess i ll make a break from preview server.

May it be possible to put those rings in some preview vendor?
  • Options
    lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    terramak said:

@pitshade That subject is not involved in any way in the game.

This is disingenuous, Terramak. Acquisitions Incorporated *are* Team HAMSTER. Even if you choose not to mention that part of their history when including other pieces.
  • Options
    deterrant#6687 deterrant Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    Keep politics off these preview threads, please.

I have better things to do here than read stuff about 5 year old HAMSTER.
  • Options
    gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User
    Stop that political correctness HAMSTER We need a good MOD in this game. And I am not interested about a story behind people doing this - I expect a good product.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    > @lowjohn said:
    > > @lowjohn said:
    >
    > They're not referencing it. They are bringing in *the people* from it and their other creations.
    >
    > And since the Penny Arcade guys are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> joke enthusiasts and chronic sexist harassers, I'd prefer to be able to play Neverwinter without them, without their characters, without being reminded they exist. A whole module of Team <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> content is really not a good look.

I don't disagree with anything you say but it isn't realistic to think we can engage with the m15 campaign and not be associating with its creators. This ship sailed when the deal was signed.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    I had absolutely no idea of what penny arcade was before cryptic anounced this mod.

Now that I do know who these guys are I'm not really looking forward to it.
This discussion has been closed.