test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dislike to m15 announcement. What is going on cryptics?

dolreydolrey Member Posts: 741 Arc User
edited September 2018 in Player Feedback (PC)
Hello folks. Many of us already play NWO for many years. A lot of other mmo projects opened but part of us is still here (not so big part to be honest). But we are here because we still believe (or after this announce would be better to say "believed") that this game has high potential.

It is clear that NWO has problems which should be decided first because they are very important for most part of mmorpg players. To help to developers with this we spend dozens of hours at this forum to write threads with very detailed feedback about class balance, about gameplay, PvP, PvE and so on. It is our own time which we spent trying to help to decide all those problems to improve the game.

And what we got from developers when time for fixing came???

WE GOT THIS:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9d15thKGxWg

Instead of improving PvP PvE and gameplay we got this? Did you really thought that community tired of tens of problems of this game will really enjoy this circus? I can't believe that you are going to spend all these months working on this instead of working on what community really asking for.

Moderator edited out flaming.
Post edited by kreatyve on

Comments

• Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    I'm actually of two minds about m15....

First, yeah dont know how excited I can be about a "parody" module/campaign? It's great as an event (Portabello's and Respen's) are nice little diversions, but a whole campaign devoted to that? I don't know... probably take the "wait and see" stance until more news about said module comes out. The trailer didn't hint at anything except maybe an amusement park ride. :/

Second, the revamp of professions??!?!?!? YES PLEASE!!!!!
    Professions have needed a serious revamp for a long time. Masterwork seem to be a band-aid on the system. But again, I'm taking the "wait and see" stance with it. I'm going to try and curb my enthusiasm for this because, aside from playing NW for 4+ years... I am also a STO player since it launched. So I have experienced a lot of "promises" from Cryptic that well.. went off like lead balloons.
  • Options
    majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User

I'm actually of two minds about m15....

First, yeah dont know how excited I can be about a "parody" module/campaign? It's great as an event (Portabello's and Respen's) are nice little diversions, but a whole campaign devoted to that? I don't know... probably take the "wait and see" stance until more news about said module comes out. The trailer didn't hint at anything except maybe an amusement park ride. :/

Second, the revamp of professions??!?!?!? YES PLEASE!!!!!
    Professions have needed a serious revamp for a long time. Masterwork seem to be a band-aid on the system. But again, I'm taking the "wait and see" stance with it. I'm going to try and curb my enthusiasm for this because, aside from playing NW for 4+ years... I am also a STO player since it launched. So I have experienced a lot of "promises" from Cryptic that well.. went off like lead balloons.

+1 What he said.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • Options
    gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Well it seems that PAX are now a party witch gona make a soryline to the game. That change a bit. Most of us was expecting that game will follow a D&D recently released campaign how we were used to but it seems that this time its not gona be that straight. If its good or bad - time will tell.

Some of you say that this new mod would be for leveling of a new character - with new class in mind.
    I doubt that - they would already announce that to keep us excited :dizzy: I belive that its new strategy to bring some revitalisation to the old maps - lets be honest here- those are huge, nicely done places where no1 need to go or blitzing trough it. Last time they made such attempt in tyrrany of dragons and that worked quite well - you really dont need a new map if you can find a new joy on old one.

So - if we have a new story line team, there is no new map or class - whts left ? (apart of new skirmish) - mechanics rework.

Rework of professions is well.... bit weird. Not that there is nothing to talk about but most of us dont bother professions at all. Some even abandoned leadership lately. Even mastercrafters are bored as market demands are limited and last events put prices so low. Well then - whats behind that ? Not sure but I belive that we gona see soon a new sink for AD with a lot of nice items to make - but personalized or account bound. Reason to spent but not earn AD.

That would also bring a lot changes to the guilds - there cant be a mastercrafter without a high level guild but guild itself have a lot of buldings to support crafting - and with a rework that part of guild activities wont go unaffected.
    If I remember devs also mentioned something about new boons for players not in guilds and that guild boons was to powerfull.
    That alone makes me think that guilds also gona be reworked - possibly new AD sinks gona be attached to them.

So I guess that mod gona be running around economical rework of a game with some minor mechanics/class tweaks.
    But thats just my speculations....
  • Options
    pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    I'm really just crossing my fingers for a new class. More then a mod or a rework, a new class would breath new life into the game in all aspects. I have noticed all the XP boosts and companion boost for XP rewards for my 70LV toons so that makes be think they are adding those for a reason.
  • Options
    gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    dolrey said:

I'm really just crossing my fingers for a new class. More then a mod or a rework, a new class would breath new life into the game in all aspects. I have noticed all the XP boosts and companion boost for XP rewards for my 70LV toons so that makes be think they are adding those for a reason.

I also wait for the new class but looks like we will see it not earlier than in mod 17 or 18. As it is known the new class probably will be bard. Bards often are buffers and it is strange that in 4-support meta developers are going to add one more buffer. So I associate this new class with hope that finally all these multiplicative buffs will be fixed and only bard will be supposed to give damage buffs to his team.
    You are right about that but what to say - here we go again - its a state of the game.
    Curently we got meta of 4 supports around 1 dps. To fix this adding 1 more support class is well.... stupid?

Not unless devs gona do what you say - so cut all that powershare and multibuffs.

But that in fact leads to a point where nothing gona change - why? - in short - to change current meta what you really need to do is to change buffs/debuffs output to the point where there would be more benefit to the party coming form second dps then from next support. Now if bard would be created as designated dmg buffer (in D&D its all round strongest support) while other supports would receive a nerf - such move would make few other classes/build obsolete. That would obviously leave some players very angry. How many would depend what classes would have to be nerfed. But that would not change a meta.

So there is unfortunately other option - there would be no change in game mechanics so powercreep and multibuff will remain and what they gona do is just adding new option as a buffer - of course at release its gona be overpowered so lot of players gona switch to those and with time we gone have a wider range of supports to choose from for meta 4+1

So, lol, in short adding new class - lets say dps - is bit worthless as we already have dps classes and due to current meta that class should be very overpowered to make it worthwhile for players, and lolz that would put rest of dps classes obsolete as there is already too much dps toons around.
    Adding new (also op) support would only make a meta 4+1 stronger.
    So new class - sure any day - but its gona be a new fun in game rather then any game changer.
    Post edited by gripnir78 on
  • Options
    Just reading some of the other posts on this thread and about balance and where a new class would fit in a 5 toon team, etc. What if they intro a new class and then expanded the limit on dungeons to 6 and skirmishes to 12? Might need to buff the boss and mobs a bit but you then are not taking up a "needed" slot. The point of the game is enjoyment, not optimization.
  • Options
    OK.. I got to say now that I am a little excited for M15, but only so far for the Professions update.
    Just read the blog post on the News board, and it has me a little stocked for what may be instore....
    But.... so many questions..... :o
  • Options
    araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User
    gripnir78 said:

dolrey said:

I also wait for the new class but looks like we will see it not earlier than in mod 17 or 18. As it is known the new class probably will be bard. Bards often are buffers and it is strange that in 4-support meta developers are going to add one more buffer. So I associate this new class with hope that finally all these multiplicative buffs will be fixed and only bard will be supposed to give damage buffs to his team.
    You are right about that but what to say - here we go again - its a state of the game.
    Curently we got meta of 4 supports around 1 dps. To fix this adding 1 more support class is well.... stupid?

Not unless devs gona do what you say - so cut all that powershare and multibuffs.

But that in fact leads to a point where nothing gona change - why? - in short - to change current meta what you really need to do is to change buffs/debuffs output to the point where there would be more benefit to the party coming form second dps then from next support. Now if bard would be created as designated dmg buffer (in D&D its all round strongest support) while other supports would receive a nerf - such move would make few other classes/build obsolete. That would obviously leave some players very angry. How many would depend what classes would have to be nerfed. But that would not change a meta.

So there is unfortunately other option - there would be no change in game mechanics so powercreep and multibuff will remain and what they gona do is just adding new option as a buffer - of course at release its gona be overpowered so lot of players gona switch to those and with time we gone have a wider range of supports to choose from for meta 4+1

So, lol, in short adding new class - lets say dps - is bit worthless as we already have dps classes and due to current meta that class should be very overpowered to make it worthwhile for players, and lolz that would put rest of dps classes obsolete as there is already too much dps toons around.
    Adding new (also op) support would only make a meta 4+1 stronger.
    So new class - sure any day - but its gona be a new fun in game rather then any game changer.
    You cut out one support to make a place for the new one. You can guess 3 times what support that will be.
    Something needs to get nerfed to something else can prosper in its place.
    What it will be, we will see.
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• Options
    shadoewraythshadoewrayth Member Posts: 183 Arc User

I have no problem with the announcement as, frankly, it does not look like a major content update.

What I suspect is that we will get this and fixes and updates to the game. In fact I have noticed I am now getting character and companion XP boosters when I get my XP rewards on my 70 LV toons. I think this is prepping existing players to level up quickly a new toon because of a new class. Just my suspicions. And notice that the new content will be lower tier so as to bring in new toons through.

Frankly NW, like most MMOs, need to attract new players and retain them. My daughter use to play the game with me but quit once she hit the LV 70 grind wall. They really need to fix that more than anything to keep new players interested.

Agreed. It takes all of a day or two to get to 70 nowadays, maybe a week if going slow. And then, 30 minutes or so to get to around 10k IL.

After that, takes a bit to get to 12k, a bit more for 13k... then Wall. Settle in for months before a new player can get to any of the fun new content. I agree there is a point to ‘everyone else to do it’, but, at this point, new players trying to work their way through are so horribly behind on campaigns that take months to grind out, and almost all end up quitting. The only people I ever see doing high end content are people who HAVE been doing it, the long time players. Every so often, a new player breaks through, but out of the thousands, only a very select few.

The game is playing retention as best as it can, but now, with a ton getting booted, and PW showing that they can fix a bug FAST when it affects their pockets, but then toss us the old excuse that it takes a long time to properly handle bugs (that have been around for years) that only affect OUR pockets. Not sure how well retention is going to keep working, and getting/keeping new players? *sigh*
  • Options
    sotonicussotonicus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 New User
    > Agreed. It takes all of a day or two to get to 70 nowadays, maybe a week if going slow. And then, 30 minutes or so to get to around 10k IL.
    >
    > After that, takes a bit to get to 12k, a bit more for 13k... then Wall. Settle in for months before a new player can get to any of the fun new content. I agree there is a point to ‘everyone else to do it’, but, at this point, new players trying to work their way through are so horribly behind on campaigns that take months to grind out, and almost all end up quitting. The only people I ever see doing high end content are people who HAVE been doing it, the long time players. Every so often, a new player breaks through, but out of the thousands, only a very select few.
    >
    > The game is playing retention as best as it can, but now, with a ton getting booted, and PW showing that they can fix a bug FAST when it affects their pockets, but then toss us the old excuse that it takes a long time to properly handle bugs (that have been around for years) that only affect OUR pockets. Not sure how well retention is going to keep working, and getting/keeping new players? *sigh*

+
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    want to add, "I dreaded for the day of Another Mod 6 coming back!", most veteran players remembered and hated it the most.
  • Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    dolrey said:

Instead of improving PvP PvE and gameplay we got this? Did you really thought that community tired of tens of problems of this game will really enjoy this circus? I can't believe that you are going to spend all these months working on this instead of working on what community really asking for.

Not sure you read the whole announcement. This mod sounds like the single biggest attempt at addressing class balance issues and QoL updates since at least mod 7.

I'm stoked to check out the changes to classes and professions. The campaign for me is an afterthought. If it adds more play value - great. If not - I won't play it - just like I did with STK.
  • Options
    frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    dolrey said:

dolrey said:

Not sure you read the whole announcement. This mod sounds like the single biggest attempt at addressing class balance issues and QoL updates since at least mod 7.

I'm stoked to check out the changes to classes and professions. The campaign for me is an afterthought. If it adds more play value - great. If not - I won't play it - just like I did with STK.
    I created this thread when we had only one video and some info about that balance changes will be only in m16. Looks like now this module really can change something. Well lets see..
    Hence it isn't a good idea to come to conclusions from a mere announcement and teaser.

Just my thoughts.
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    durgan#5731 durgan Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    New player, started first week in May of 2018. 5 toons, Main at 14k, 2 in the 13's and a couple in 11 to 12k IL range. Spent hundreds of dollars because I like building things, and anyone in a guild knows..it takes a lot to build things that are useful to players. Which is fine. What's not fine, is having 40% of my classes thrown into 'viability' question. TR damage nerf. Admittedly it's my 'last alt' so weaker, but I don't need the 'challenge' of making it harder for them to get things done in the game. It's already a grind fest, making that last longer is not fun...at all. We also know about the DO issue. I tried to play a DPS cleric because that's the gameplay I enjoy. That's hard enough with 'roles' being forced on 'you must be a tank or healer' if pally, and you pretty much are only a buffer or healer, healer...no..healer!' if cleric, shoved down our throats. At least WoW had retribution pallys, and shadow priests. And finally...professions. I pushed leadership because they can make certain items not available to other professions. Guild focus, that's labor crates and AD crates for guild use only. I'm fine with that. What I'm not fine with, is the announcement that I've pretty well wasted the time and money invested here. I used to get up early and get things 'done' before the hours long (now twice weekly) shard upkeep periods. Now, I shrug. It's just another reminder I wasted time and money here. Can a company really divorce players from the suspension of belief needed to play a MMO? I don't think so. Improvement is good. Balance is fine, but those of us who have done the work YOU required us to do, in order to play the game, deserve compensation within the game for the professions we poured hours into. Getting leadership to level 23 to make AD crates was deliberately set up by the developers to be like climbing a mountain. To suddenly jerk that out from under us and try to pass off the blatant false premise that it's the same effort as put into weaponsmithing, for instance is simply not going to fly with me. The money put into the game, is gone. Sunk costs. Made an investment, and management decided it's loyalty program was to be sacrificed because the bean counters thought that would be a great way to pad the bottom line. Yeah, about that.... There's a limit. And you've crossed it. Professions needed to be addressed. But when 'balance' means taking away what we've accomplished and doing a bait and switch, few are going to applaud. When I think 'if I don't log in, I hear less bad news' it's a small step to not log on, at all.
  • Options
    OK... I'm back on the fence again.....

The thought of a professions revamp had me excited... and even the blog about it too...
    But I was reading the feedback forum, and I admit I haven't gotten a chance to fully explore the new system on preview... I'm not as optimistic as I was when it was first announced.

I'm all for class balance... since I main a SW... so don't hold that against me ;)

But, they are also changing the loot drop system as well?
    Ok... does anyone else thing they are biting off more than they can chew?

The new prof system requires gold for your workers... but... they are limiting now how we can get gold?
    Does anyone else think this is backwards???? :o

The salvage/dungeon chests .... hmm... I'm not sure about that one yet... only because due to my work schedule I don't get much time for a majority of the week to play... and would only do that on weekends ... providing that my "Honey Do" list permits me the time :p

• Options
    dolrey said:

As I know CWs are not so happy after announcement of their changes.

CW, ha, you should read the TR thread, its getting pretty nasty in there.

• Options
    constantmule#4943 constantmule Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    i actually like some of the CW changes...the TR forum. have they ever been happy? lol
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Brilliant post ^

Just to add my brief thoughts - Neverwinter is a capitalist based system, the more you work, the more time you invest, the more money [AD] you get.

You get VIP? More chance of a big ticket winner in the daily Open a Box Lottery. Which gives you more AD. You are a winner...

BUT

As with all things, those on the rise or joining now will find it much harder to get that accumulated wealth [AD] than players did in the past.

So the gap between rich and poor will grow. And unlike real life, in Neverwinter if you find that your virtual poverty isn't fun... you can just quit.