test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

About companions

midental#5256 midental Member Posts: 136 Arc User
edited September 2018 in General Discussion (PC)
Ciao,

Anyone know why, when companion died and you need to reinvoke it, ...... you have to stay out of combat? Why i can't evoke it when i'm in combat? There are some reasons that i ignore or simply it is to punish players?

Ty

Comments

• Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    Sometimes companions fall off cliffs into bottomless pits.
    The game mechanic (for reasons?) doesn't both respawn and revive the companion.
    It won't happen often, but it does happen.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,228 Arc User
    Most of the time, when the companion 'died', you don't need to revoke it at all. It will wake up on its own. You can use a bell to wake it up right the way too. However, that does not cover the case sandukutupu mentioned.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    This is particularly annoying in cases like CoDG when your companion dies right before you go into the final area...as you only have a second or two to resummon it before combat starts. My advice, set up a keybind to summon it so you only have to press a single key.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    In chat;
    /alias pet "gensendmessage Pets_Summon_Unsummon_Button activate"
    /bind F4 pet
    This line will make the F4 summon the most recent companion. To make the alias more universal and permanent use the the CommandAliases.txt in Neverwinter - Live - localdata folder.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    midental#5256 midental Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    Ok, but on console?
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

Ok, but on console?

You are...eh HAMSTERed.

Hoping for improvements...