test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Soul sight crystal power makes my screen go black

When running barovia weeklies today, i hit aretfact power while in the old bonechrusher quest, the screen went black but still had the soul sight purple frame around the outside, i was still moving and hitting things but i couldn't see a thing at all, While i was in Company of Wolves i thought i would try it and see if it was ok in there but again it come up with a black screen with the soul sight purple frame around the outside.

Comments

• Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Anything that throws a shader on your screen while there is another one from your location does it. Using Villains Menace or the Swarm mounting in either instance makes the screen go nearly black. Not just the instances in Barovia but also on the Stronghold map. Ancient Lake and Devils Hideaway are particularly bad and the Pit Fiend circle does it as well. Hideaway is nearly unplayable for some people even without the extra effect from a power.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Villain's Menace for me actually knocks colors back into the palette. Soul Sight Crystal makes the world go dark when outside doing the Bonegrinder or Company of Wolves.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    I'll let the team know! They may have follow up questions :)
  • Options
    polopete#4085 polopete Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    It seems all resolved this week, i popped it a few times (used once inside the cave and outside twice) in Company of wolves and it all displayed correctly but problem still happens when outside in bonegrinder, i have a video of the issue this time.
    Post edited by polopete#4085 on