test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

When will Neverwinter make a story of the 6 kids from D&D cartoon from the 80's!

ray8ball8ray8ball8 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
just thinking how awesome it would to see them in this game!

Comments

• Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    Ummm....

I loved the cartoon.... but... in a nutshell... no..
  • Options
    nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    NO. Just no.
  • Options
    majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    They were in game. They arrived and landed in a ToNG private queue, but because their party composition wasn't meta - they fell quickly. Now they continue to exist as a wondering band chultan skeletons shambling around the ruins in Omu.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • Options
    frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    They're already pretty well-represented by the current playerbase.
    I know I run into the incompetent whiny one who refuses to fight, like ten times a day.

Edit: But that was a fun show. I definitely wouldn't mind running into some sort of easter egg reference to those kids. One of the things I liked about Dragon Age years back were the witty allusions to other fantasies you found here and there.
    Post edited by frogwalloper#6494 on
  • Options
    checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Well, the ranger, unfortunately took his party to the Well of Dragons, because he thought they were following Venger. Instead, they entered a big door and found Tiamat, who ate them all up. Then Venger picked up the weapons, fired a bolt of lightning into Severin, and then slew the Goddess of Dragons with a bellow from his one horned head.

The end.
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

• Options
    askatusaskatus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    There was an Easter egg about those kids in Baldur's Gate 2. In one of the magic shops in Amn there were a couple of paintings in the back of the shop, of the ranger and barbarian I think. The flavour text said they were all eaten by Tiamat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    also half their party comp is first edition classes ..... or prestige classes /classes do not exist at all anymore / are not in this game

show me an acrobat or a barbarian or a cowardly cavalier : D
  • Options
    Heck. Only half of them are even armed with some kind of weapon. Cavalier has no weapon or taunt to keep aggro. They were boss bait the moment they arrived. :P
    ~Shia~

Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)

Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • Options
    dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    If you recall rightly when they get back on Earth away from Venger... their magic items lose their magic.

They'd also be much older by now. (Thirty years older.) Uni would be an adult too.

Haven't you seen some of those NPC lurking around PE? Look closer... maybe?
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    kalina311 said:

also half their party comp is first edition classes ..... or prestige classes /classes do not exist at all anymore / are not in this game

show me an acrobat or a barbarian or a cowardly cavalier : D

Wulfgar
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,112 Arc User

Wulfgar

...whose ferocious roar...isn't...
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    My headcanon still has them getting pulled into ToNG and Acererak (via Orcus) bestowing on them grisly fates:

Bobby - The 9 year old barbarian was the first to go. Because his tank lacked a weapon to help him keep aggro with Orcus, the little guy taken out before he could begin his rotation. Acerarak raised the boy's body, but since he was a barbarian, and plenty of 9 year olds have questionable hygiene practices, the lich felt it was fitting to make him a Rancid Hulk.

Presto - The magician died next, right after he remembered how bad the wizards were nerfed. His last look was one of shock at how his most powerful spell bugged out after Dungeon Master sent him the notes on the changes he made for the Wizards. He never saw the Orb that took his life and since Sheila was the one that took the curse for temp hp, he had no chance. His unlife now is as a Wraith, where his powers work as intended and he has a much better dodge mechanic.

Diana - The Acrobat fell trying to take out the shambling undead mobs and was slain by one of the orbs. Since Sheila had taken the temp HP curse, and herself the extra damage for the mob curse, she ducked and dodged mightily but to no avail. Acererak turned her into the first of the Deathlock Wight twins, her staff able to summon hordes of undead to take those hits for her. She doesn't move around as much though.

Sheila - The Thief, had the responsibility of taking out the orbs and felt her cloak of Invisibility would make her ideal for the task. Especially since she didn't have a proper weapon to make use of SofD. Unfortunately - too late for Presto and Diana - she remember that her cloak also placed her out of phase and the orbs passed effortlessly through her. She died from repeated blows from Orcus, who chose to focus on her, as she grieved over the body of her fallen little brother. She was made the second of the deathlock wight twins, this time with a proper weapon.

Eric - The cowardly cavalier realized his lack of a weapon and inability to keep and hold aggro spelled doom for him and his party. He argued as much with his friends in a group chat before the engagement. He also pressed to Hank and the others that they had no healer, no health potions, were out of scrolls of mass life, and at a quick inspection that most of them too many stat points in recovery and movement and not enough in anything else (like power, crit, armor pen, defense and especially life steal). In the end, they told him to "Shut Up and Tank, Eric!" The death of Diana and Sheila broke what little resolve he had. He dropped his shield and tried to run, only realizing, too late, that if he had kept his shield he could have survived the blow from Orcus and made an escape. Acererak got a chuckle from the young man's foolhardiness but was also impressed by his correct assessment of the tactical situation before the engagement. The lich made the young man a Spectral Knight, now able to hold threat given a proper weapon and a skeleton's gift of silence so that the lich doesn't have to hear his whining.

Hank - The UBER ranger. The leader of our ill-fated band of friends. He died contemplating the weight of his failure. His failure to pressure Dungeon Master for proper fixes to the groups composition and abilities. His failure to get tanks and rogues with proper weapons. His failure to include a class (Acrobat), into the party, that wasn't playtested before inclusion. His stupidity for not understanding the class mechanics of a role he never played (Cavalier/Tank). His recommendations to his team as to where to what type of enchants they should use on their gear. All these things weighed down upon him in the end. The blow from Orcus was swift and the boy's fate was everlasting. He liked to shot bows and stay out of range, thought the lich so Acererak made him a skeleton archer - The weakest of the newly undead band. >:)

Post edited by majorcharvenak on
    ~Shia~

Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    <.
    <blockquote class="UserQuote">
    greywynd said: