Fured kiuno and Heels of Fury buff not stacking

micky1p00
micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,540 Arc User
edited July 2018 in Bug Reports (PC)
Wearing both the Fured Kiuno and Heels of Fury will not grant the correct damage buff.




They should grant 1.03 * 1.03 ~= 6% damage, but they do not.

My guess is that both the armor and the heels trigger the same flag / buff name, so adding the second one will not add a buff as the flag already on, and removing one will trigger the buff to false even though there is still one of them used.

From the video:

Attack naked with 8k power 186 damage
Add kuno +2k power ~4% damage and Kuno 3% = 186 * 1.04 * 1.03 = 199
Add heels, no stat change, flag/buff isn't changed = 199
Remove heels, still 10k power, but buff flag removed = 186 * 1.04 (power) = 193
Remove Kuno, back to 8k power, no buff
Put heels 8k power, and get back the 3% buff, 186*1.03 = 191


@noworries#8859
«1

Comments

  • wickedduck22#9795
    wickedduck22#9795 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    Could be the same case for hag's rags + eyestalk wraps
  • rjc9000
    rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,398 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Have we confirmed if this is just on GWF, or if this applies to all classes?

    I mean, I wouldn't mind checking ... but it would work better if I actually had hunt gear to test :joy:

  • greyjay1
    greyjay1 Member Posts: 163 Arc User

    Could be the same case for hag's rags + eyestalk wraps

    I tested it today and yes, it's the same for them, the bonuses don't stack.
  • nooneatza
    nooneatza Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    Can confirm for tr powers.
  • meer#7108
    meer#7108 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

    Have we confirmed if this is just on GWF, or if this applies to all classes?

    I mean, I wouldn't mind checking ... but it would work better if I actually had hunt gear to test :joy:

    Confirmed for HRs, as you know.
  • lucislator
    lucislator Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    did test too yesterday night with gwf and indeed i was confused, last week they were working fine together giving a 1,06 as result. maybe last patch bugged them

    assuming the flag matter as janne said, is the bug extended to other stuff like ring of the undead slayer and vistani ring? i mean the +5% dmg bonus on undeads
    Post edited by lucislator on
  • vincentr6669
    vincentr6669 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    What to use since Kiuno and Heels don't stack?

    Kiuno + Enduring Boots?

    Heels + Black Executioner Attire (yeah i know its +5% isn't actually a damage increase but an extra hit) or Knotted Garbs?

    Another option?
  • blur#5900
    blur#5900 Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    Is this known to the devs? Just to make it clear so it doesnt end up with "We didnt know".
    Undead slayer +5 and Vistani ring dont stack either, +4 undead and vistani do stack.
    @balanced#2849 @noworries#8859
    image
  • micky1p00
    micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,540 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    blur#5900 said:

    Is this known to the devs? Just to make it clear so it doesnt end up with "We didnt know".
    Undead slayer +5 and Vistani ring dont stack either, +4 undead and vistani do stack.
    @balanced#2849 @noworries#8859

    @percemer

    If you can please escalate that too.

    Looks like all the older gear bonuses that were copied into new variants do not stack, this lowers significantly the incentive to looks for the new gear variants.
  • percemer
    percemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    @blur Vistani Ring of Light? Found - Vistani Ring of Dark
    micky1p00 said:

    blur#5900 said:

    Is this known to the devs? Just to make it clear so it doesnt end up with "We didnt know".
    Undead slayer +5 and Vistani ring dont stack either, +4 undead and vistani do stack.
    @balanced#2849 @noworries#8859

    @percemer

    If you can please escalate that too.

    Looks like all the older gear bonuses that were copied into new variants do not stack, this lowers significantly the incentive to looks for the new gear variants.
    Escalating this potential bug too, thanks!
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service - Discord
  • coolfool808
    coolfool808 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Has there been any confirmation on whether this is working as intended or is a bug?
  • schietindebux
    schietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    My 50 cents
    Maybe they are WAI not stacking? -->powercreep
    Same buff 2 times on one char ? That´s the same category like Ring of Gravestriker stacking +4 and +5 etc., same like stacking buffs from DC in former mod "Weapon of light"
    Thx devs for at least avoiding that kind of powercreep ... not that you can´t run Kiuno + Enduring boots/Boots of the willed + Jawripper gloves/Fearbringer there are options for stacking multiplier.
    Those equip are better than any other gear/setpiece, no need to make each armor stack with the same tooltip on top :)

    At 50k buffed power that 3% +dps is equivalent to 2697 added power.
    At 200k (pretty common in buffparties) that 3% is equivalent to 7197 added power ... not enough?

    Anyway runnig CR VIstani ring or Vistani Breastplate are BIS by a large margin, but I did not notice many player using them so far
    IL-fetishism :)
  • percemer
    percemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 632 Arc User
    Cryptic confirmed they are working on it, but I can't give more information right now. We'll see soon! :)
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service - Discord
  • schietindebux
    schietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    Sure , it´s urgent got first priority by far :wink:
  • pitshade
    pitshade Member Posts: 5,420 Arc User
    > @percemer said:
    > Cryptic confirmed they are working on it, but I can't give more information right now. We'll see soon! :)

    Can we take it that this currently isn't working as intended? It would be helpful to know so people can decide whether or not to farm affected items or balance their stats. My CW currently has both Eyestalk Wrappers and Hag's Rags, currently broken. I don't want to go out of my way to farm a replacement item if the current gear will be better eventually.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • mamalion1234
    mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,379 Arc User
    IF this is a bug then is bug that the rings with the same bonus do not stack.FOR example you cant stack 2 shadowstaker +4. SO IF you fix the armor parts you should fix and the rings?
  • arcanjo86
    arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    it seems its working as its supposed too, if you cant have 2 of the same +5 rings equip power, the same does for the gear with same equip powers.
  • dupeks
    dupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User

    IF this is a bug then is bug that the rings with the same bonus do not stack.FOR example you cant stack 2 shadowstaker +4. SO IF you fix the armor parts you should fix and the rings?

    arcanjo86 said:

    it seems its working as its supposed too, if you cant have 2 of the same +5 rings equip power, the same does for the gear with same equip powers.

    There is a difference in two of the same item vs. two of a similar-sounding effect.

    Do you expect that all of your +power numbers on your gear should be different otherwise they wouldn't stack?
  • demonmonger
    demonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    > @micky1p00 said:
    > Wearing both the Fured Kiuno and Heels of Fury will not grant the correct damage buff.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > They should grant 1.03 * 1.03 ~= 6% damage, but they do not.
    >
    > My guess is that both the armor and the heels trigger the same flag / buff name, so adding the second one will not add a buff as the flag already on, and removing one will trigger the buff to false even though there is still one of them used.
    >
    > From the video:
    >
    > Attack naked with 8k power 186 damage
    > Add kuno +2k power ~4% damage and Kuno 3% = 186 * 1.04 * 1.03 = 199
    > Add heels, no stat change, flag/buff isn't changed = 199
    > Remove heels, still 10k power, but buff flag removed = 186 * 1.04 (power) = 193
    > Remove Kuno, back to 8k power, no buff
    > Put heels 8k power, and get back the 3% buff, 186*1.03 = 191
    >
    >
    > @noworries#8859

    It's like wearing the curse bringer ring.. and the new arms that stun from spider boss lycosa? They don't stack they overlap...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • arcanjo86
    arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    dupeks said:

    IF this is a bug then is bug that the rings with the same bonus do not stack.FOR example you cant stack 2 shadowstaker +4. SO IF you fix the armor parts you should fix and the rings?

    arcanjo86 said:

    it seems its working as its supposed too, if you cant have 2 of the same +5 rings equip power, the same does for the gear with same equip powers.

    There is a difference in two of the same item vs. two of a similar-sounding effect.

    Do you expect that all of your +power numbers on your gear should be different otherwise they wouldn't stack?
    Fured kiuno of the bear equip power: Your meelee powers do 3% more damage,

    heels of fury equip power: Your meelee powers do 3% more damage

    what i was trying to say is that the game is tell us that we cant have 2 pieces of gear/rings that have same equip power, what devs can do is lower heels of fury % values and give it a new name for the buff.
  • dupeks
    dupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    arcanjo86 said:

    dupeks said:

    IF this is a bug then is bug that the rings with the same bonus do not stack.FOR example you cant stack 2 shadowstaker +4. SO IF you fix the armor parts you should fix and the rings?

    arcanjo86 said:

    it seems its working as its supposed too, if you cant have 2 of the same +5 rings equip power, the same does for the gear with same equip powers.

    There is a difference in two of the same item vs. two of a similar-sounding effect.

    Do you expect that all of your +power numbers on your gear should be different otherwise they wouldn't stack?
    Fured kiuno of the bear equip power: Your meelee powers do 3% more damage,

    heels of fury equip power: Your meelee powers do 3% more damage

    what i was trying to say is that the game is tell us that we cant have 2 pieces of gear/rings that have same equip power, what devs can do is lower heels of fury % values and give it a new name for the buff.
    This is a design decision, not a game limitation.

    We know that the game is technically capable of having "same effect" stack (5% crit severity or CA active companion bonuses, or primal ring which was fixed to stack after it was reported that it did not stack).

    Before the introduction of mod 13/14 item pairs (heals+fured, eyestalk+hags, ring of cursebringer+lycosa arms), the only dramatic example of the "same effect" not stacking came from equipping multiple copies of identical items (usually rings). There just weren't many examples of identical effects on non-identical items (except for aforementioned pet active bonuses, which stacked).

    It's not clear to me that 2 completely different items that have the same effect should not stack. I don't understand why so many folks are assuming that this is intended.

    It would be good if the devs could clarify whether the current behavior (not stacking) is WAI or bug.

    @percemer do you have any insight?
    Post edited by dupeks on
  • reeper#9973
    reeper#9973 Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    Could we please get an update or official reply on this matter?
  • kozi001
    kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    I am not a math expert in this but I checked it today.

    only fured kiuno - 589 dmg
    image

    fured kiuno+heels of fury - 608 dmg
    image

    and 608/589 = 1,0322 ...
    Isn't this mean 3% ?

    my char. no gear/pets
    image





  • greyjay1
    greyjay1 Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    @kozi001
    You probably tested it as follows:
    1) Equip both items
    2) Unequip one of them - measure
    3) Reequip it - measure

    Testing in this order will trigger a bug where unequipping one 3%-item will strip the entire 3% bonus, that means that at state "2)" you'll not have even ONE 3% bonus active.

    You have to test in the following order:
    1) Unequip both items
    2) Equip the first item - measure
    3) Keep the first equipped and slot the second item - measure
  • dupeks
    dupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    percemer said:

    Cryptic confirmed they are working on it, but I can't give more information right now. We'll see soon! :)

    @percemer any chance you have an update?

  • dupeks
    dupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    dupeks said:

    percemer said:

    Cryptic confirmed they are working on it, but I can't give more information right now. We'll see soon! :)

    @percemer any chance you have an update?

    Following up to see if you have any further information to share. Thanks!

  • ecrana#2080
    ecrana#2080 Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    pipo#2591 said:

    Any news?

    It's still 2018. Gosh you guys are impatient.
This discussion has been closed.