test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

RAD Cap, So What.

Am I the only one who doesn’t care about the RAD refinement cap? AD is fairly easy to make in the game outside of running dungeons and salvage. Most of the gear that is desired is bound anyway, so it's not like you're buying that +5 ring, armor, etc. There are already better ways to farm items for AD than salvage it. Lest we forget you can always pony up a few bucks for Zen (devs gotta eat too).
Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC

Comments

• kriptical1kriptical1 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    Only having one too on one account it’s actually a significant upgrade for me.
  • trevor#8542 trevor Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    its not the only thing there changing soon it will be harder to sell things on the ah because they are changing the ways people make ad so in the end it will affect us all im talking xbox and ps4 not pc lol.
  • froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User

its not the only thing there changing soon it will be harder to sell things on the ah because they are changing the ways people make ad so in the end it will affect us all im talking xbox and ps4 not pc lol.

Depends what you're selling. I think this will result in increased sales as more of the player base will get a bump in AD production.

How are the ways people make ad being changed? I know the alt army thing is becoming less relevant which is likely a good thing for most of us. Without them inflating the avg market sale price should drop, but there will be a limit as people such as myself will be able to pull and extra 75k out per day.

Am I missing something?
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    I think he's worried that prices will go down because less money will be available. the thing is if prices go down then the zax will also go down. deflation is a good thing. if things cost less the money is still worth what it is worth today in what you can buy for an ad and in some cases you can buy more for that same dollar than you could before.
    theres little changes that are starting to happen for example if you save your trade bars for the nightmare weapons to make ad the prices are going up in mod 14 on console im not sure what they are going up to yet. also if you like to farm dungeons on alts they cut that back too its not just a rad cap its also how you acquire your rad ad
    I’ve read about the tradebar thing but never really spent mine there. Didn’t even realize it was a thing.
    Don’t have any alts. In fact, I’ve always kind of thought that people running lots of alts was the cause of the lack of group...skill..I guess one could say. Antithetically, playing other classes gives insight to the mechanics. So /shrug. Nevertheless, I don’t think people having alt armies contributes to better play, nor sounds like much fun..kinda sounds like work.

I’ve read about the tradebar thing but never really spent mine there. Didn’t even realize it was a thing.

Don’t have any alts. In fact, I’ve always kind of thought that people running lots of alts was the cause of the lack of group...skill..I guess one could say. Antithetically, playing other classes gives insight to the mechanics. So /shrug. Nevertheless, I don’t think people having alt armies contributes to better play, nor sounds like much fun..kinda sounds like work.

It is work ive seen so many people burn themselves out and stop playing the game because they ran so many alts everyday for their rad ad personally i never could get into that sort of thing. but the nightmare weapons were good if you build up your ad bonus from invoking then salvage the weapons
    Yeah, seems inevitable. As a former eq cleric I am a bit of a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>..but not that much.
  • evil604#4491 evil604 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    The new 100k RAD refining cap really isn't a big deal (except to people with armies of alts of course). The only problem for me is they made it harder to get the 100k rad with only 4 ques in the new system rewarding only 35k rad available from them before salvaging. 1 que being castle ravenloft with no rough ad and another que is from edemo to cradle which will have alot ppl quiting it on tong or cradle. They should have just made a new separate que for fbi and msp. But even with the new crappier que system people with have more time to run CN, FBI, MSP (which will thankfully be fixed) or even TONG depending on their item level to get easy salvage.

The new 100k RAD refining cap really isn't a big deal (except to people with armies of alts of course). The only problem for me is they made it harder to get the 100k rad with only 4 ques in the new system rewarding only 35k rad available from them before salvaging. 1 que being castle ravenloft with no rough ad and another que is from edemo to cradle which will have alot ppl quiting it on tong or cradle. They should have just made a new separate que for fbi and msp. But even with the new crappier que system people with have more time to run CN, FBI, MSP (which will thankfully be fixed) or even TONG depending on their item level to get easy salvage.

yes thats my point...

it is work and it usually happens when there is something alot better to be doing. imo you're better off doing other things with tradebars anyway. dyes fashion and of course scrolls of mass revive are better spent imo. I used to sell scrolls of mass revive but doing as much codg as I do I actually end up needing them.

it is work and it usually happens when there is something alot better to be doing. imo you're better off doing other things with tradebars anyway. dyes fashion and of course scrolls of mass revive are better spent imo. I used to sell scrolls of mass revive but doing as much codg as I do I actually end up needing them.
    If you have lets say 100k ad bonus from invoking and theres a trade bar discount the nightmare weapons will be 4 trade bars each now if you have vip 12 your salvage gets better normally the nightmare weapons salvage for 2700 ad but with your ad bonus i think its 4400 its in the 4k mark lol. Now if you look at everything that sells for trade bars this is 98% of the time the best way to make ad with your trade bars I think theres a youtube video about it showing and explaining the trade bar store.
    edited August 2018

If you have lets say 100k ad bonus from invoking and theres a trade bar discount the nightmare weapons will be 4 trade bars each now if you have vip 12 your salvage gets better normally the nightmare weapons salvage for 2700 ad but with your ad bonus i think its 4400 its in the 4k mark lol. Now if you look at everything that sells for trade bars this is 98% of the time the best way to make ad with your trade bars I think theres a youtube video about it showing and explaining the trade bar store.

yes i am aware of that. I never said I didn't understand it. I said it is work and I have better things to do (ie make a ton more ad adn improve my character ) and other better things to spend tradebars on. If you re-read what I wrote I think you'll see that.
    edited August 2018

yes i am aware of that. I never said I didn't understand it. I said it is work and I have better things to do (ie make a ton more ad adn improve my character ) and other better things to spend tradebars on. If you re-read what I wrote I think you'll see that.
    why does evereyone get so HAMSTER off when someone tries to HAMSTER help in these forums....
    if you think taking 5 minutes out of your play time to do this is too much work then so be it...

Hamster filter manually applied by moderator.
    Post edited by kreatyve on

im done with these forums try to help or give advice to people on here and get shot in the foot over it well done @thefiresidecat for showing me your just like the rest who gets mad over advice

im done with these forums try to help or give advice to people on here and get shot in the foot over it well done @thefiresidecat for showing me your just like the rest who gets mad over advice
    ? you were giving advice that had nothing to do with what I stated. lol. not mad but it was unnecessary and not really to the point.
  • cerickson187cerickson187 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    I saw someone post on the PC forums that the nightmare weapons were going up to 65 each with mod14
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    edited August 2018

I saw someone post on the PC forums that the nightmare weapons were going up to 65 each with mod14

Yep, but the salvage value won't increase.

I'm not sure where people keep getting this idea that Zen is going to suddenly drop from.
    Zen:AD on XBox has always been healthy, and a couple of the main reasons for buying Zen to trade for AD are such fixed price items as Companion upgrades, WB enchants and things like Bank and Guild vault purchases.
    While so many fixed price big ticket items exist, don't expect much change in the ZADX.

If the problem they are trying to solve is "too many ADs in the economy" a better idea would have been to first implement new AD sinks. Come up with new ideas to get people to spend AD with the game räther than other players. This would have had the dual effect of removing AD from the economy AND making AD more desirable to Zen buyers, which WOULD lead to better exchange rates for AD sellers on the ZADX.
    It would also have given them a better idea on how much to change the rAD cap to, if it were even needed at that point.

As usual the sledgehammer approach to problem solving has been applied, and they put the cart firmly before the horse with the sort of quantitative tightening that only makes economic sense if your knowledge of economics extends to "fewer ADs will mean everything will be cheaper".

Which makes about as much sense as "Chocolate milk comes from brown cows".
  • omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User

Yep. Used up the majority of my trade bars over the discount. Keeping a couple for possible transmutes, the rest went into the salvage heap to refined before the cap sets in.
  • jihalla#0769 jihalla Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    I keep hearing that they want to reduce the amount of AD in the economy, but honestly, why would anyone spend zen to buy AD?
    On xbone the rate is like 1,000 zen ($10) to 380,000 AD.

Upgrading a companion from rare to elite is 500k AD. ... so a little over $11 if you're looking for a short cut.
    And that's fairly cheap and easy to accomplish. A lot of things are FAR more expensive.

The way I see it, it doesn't make sense to use zen to get AD. You don't get anywhere near enough for your $.

Therefore, the economy only works the other way - if you're grinding AD to buy zen.
    ... BUT if there are too many people doing that, the conversion rate wouldn't be so low. It seems to me it would be a lot higher than 380 to 1.

My thought is that the conversion rate is too low either way.
    1. If you want to spend real money on AD, the value isn't there.
    2. If cryptic is worried people are too easily grinding AD's to get store items, the conversion rate should be much higher than 380.

If anything, the changes they're making will keep the conversion rate low. ... at least that's my thought.
    The reason is to get people to buy zen, devs gotta eat too. The cap is 500 and the issue with PC is the backlog to get your AD converted to Zen. I believe this move is to preempt that form happening to Xbox / PS4 as well as try to correct PC. You have to figure if AD is so easy to get then why would anyone spend money on the game. If the conversion rate stays steady then the AD reserves of players will lower, eventually leading to a situation where they don't have enough AD to convert to Zen. In this situation people will buy Zen for what they want form the market.
    Hopefully the value of items in the market will improve, thus enticing people to spend money. Currently the only thing worth my money is VIP.

But the status of AD remains the same.
    It is less desirable than Zen.

There are many things you can buy with AD that you cant with Zen; Marks and Refinement stones being one obvious example, and X Box maintains a healthy rate of exchange.
    Zen is up today because a new lockbox drops tomorrow and people want keys... not because there are too many AD in the XB economy.
    The problem is on PC, and since the profit margins on PC are higher than console, if PC sneezes... consoles catch a cold.

The only people who will see a benefit from this are people who currently play one toon and regularly over achieve on the current 36k per day cap and constantly have a backlog of rAD to convert.
    Even those running only two toons will suddenly find it a lot harder to hit 72k than before.

AD sinks should have come first. There are all sorts of ways players could be encouraged to burn AD rather than recycling it at 10% tax through the AH or at 0% tax through the ZADX.

But, as usual, the first, most punitive, measure that came to mind was. "nerf it... nerf it hard".

Its frustrating that a creative industry seems to lack imagination and creativity. And saying that there will be cool new AD sinks coming later is the opposite of what they should have done.
    "We're taking a major source of AD away... but good news! We're giving you more things to spend what little you have left on!"

If you have been stockpiling AD and have 99'000'000 taking up space on a toon or two you'll be rewarded with the chance to buy a limited edition companion on the AH. Cos hoarding is a problem... that needs rewarding.... I'll figure the logic on that one some day.

But if you earn it, trade it, spend it... and end up with the same empty bank account at the end of each month... screw you.

And no, the OP might not be "the only one" who doesn't care, but if "it doesn't affect me... so it doesn't matter" is the argument for why its not a bad thing, then there's probably little logic can do to persuade otherwise. People only "care" if their own little bubble is pierced.
    But I'd like to disavow the misinformed notion that seems to be going around, that the only people this change affects negatively are rich, greedy, people with armies of alts who play 24/7 and have no life.
    There are those of us who play smart, and with limited resources found ways to make a good income.
  • omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User

The problem is on PC, and since the profit margins on PC are higher than console, if PC sneezes... consoles catch a cold.

So it's my Xbox making that noise. And to think, I thought it was my cat.

The change doesn't matter to me because most of my AD doesn't come from salvage. I'm also willing to bet on more casual players having more AD to spend. That's the opportunity in this change.

• kingkevin#6900 kingkevin Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I have 18 characters and this is a significant nerf on how much I could make in total in a day
    edited August 2018

The change doesn't matter to me because most of my AD doesn't come from salvage. I'm also willing to bet on more casual players having more AD to spend. That's the opportunity in this change.

That's the opportunity...
    OK, that's a neat soundbite, but it doesn't stand up to scrutiny when you sit down and think it through.

The only people with an increased cap will be those who only have one or two characters.
    Earning more than 30-35k per day on the acct will be harder now due to the acct bound cap on daily rAD rewards from Dungeons and Skirmishes.
    A two toon only player hitting 100k per day with only two days worth of invoke bonus and two toons worth of weeklies will require a lot more salvage than it does now. A LOT more.
    If you see "casual " players farming EToS to earn that much salvage every day, I'm not sure we have the same idea of what constitutes a "casual" player.
    There is no logic to support the notion that people who weren't already maxing their daily cap when rAD acquisition was easier will earn more when it is harder.
    As I mentioned before, the only people who will see real, genuine, benefit are one toon, no alt players who earn more every day than they can convert.
    Casual gamers by the nature of being casual will find it harder to earn rAD.

People who spent money or Zen on character slots are being penalised on a sliding scale... the more they invested in the game the more they lose out.

Taking away from customers who invest time and money in your business to reward those with a casual relationship with something most can't even accommodate is what is known in business as "Stupid".

But, since it's not you that's going to be affected, as you say in the OP...
    "So what".........

Cos, obviously, it's all about you.
  • @mordeka, well said! I'm curious to see how his has played out on PC so far.

So it's my Xbox making that noise. And to think, I thought it was my cat.

Its probably both.
    Cats are notoriously susceptible to console born viruses.

Dogs too...
    I had to shoot my old Labrador after my 360 developed the Red Light Of Doom...