test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So After Waterdeep/Undermountain Where do you want to go? Eberron or Ravnica

thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 307 Arc User
edited August 2018 in General Discussion (PC)
Eberron or Ravnica,
Ravnica is a Magic the Gathering Setting thats getting an official d&d setting in November.
Eberron is also being updated Offically Online.

So what are you thoughts, Which world out of the two would you prefer to see?
Eberron Content or Ravnica content?

Comments

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    Stay in Faerun. Already too much reality hopping.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    thegreatmikeythegreatmikey Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    I dislike Eberron due to having ROBOT PC's!
    I have no interest in Ravnica.

So it's a tie! Neither.

Now if you had said Athat (Dark Sun0 or Oerth (Greyhawk) I'd have been all over that.
  • Options
    flambridgeflambridge Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
    RAVNICA!!!! <3<3<3
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    Eberron, because Robotic PCs :P
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    If those are the only two choices - Ravnica as I've never played Magic and would be interested in exploring a new setting like that. If not, stay in Faerun and move the campaigns east. Areas in and around the High moor would be interesting. Najara and the Yuan-ti and naga could make for an interesting tie in to the Chult campaign. Then perhaps Neverember sends us east to aid Cormyr or investigate the machinations of the Shade Enclave or even aid the Elves in Cormanthyr via a request from Lady Winterwhite. Suffice to say, there are a lot of choices WoTC (and Cryptic through development) could explore without sending us out of Faerun. My two coppers.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    Truth be told, they've been hinting at Waterdeep for some time. There was the hapless party in Kabal's realm discussing where to go next, and during last Liar's Night there was all-new dialogue from the loremaster that was REALLY laying the hints on thick. To me that was convincing.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Objectively speaking, no to both. For a game called 'Neverwinter', we spend a surprisingly small amount of time anywhere near Neverwinter as it is. Additionally, DDO is already based in Eberron, while the M:tG MMO is in the works and Ravnica seems like as good a base setting for it as any.

Subjectively speaking, hell no to both. Eberron is vastly different than FR, and we can do without sentient golem PCs and airships lightning rails.

For Ravnica, I have a bone to pick with that. I'm not necessarily opposed to WotC having M:tG source books for D&D, but I do have a real problem with the fact that we've been waiting for 4 years for campaign setting for 5E, they have been teasing (trolling) the heck out of releasing campaign settings for most of that time, and now 4 years later the first published campaign setting we're getting isn't even a D&D setting. We've been kicking around the Forgotten Realms all this time and we barely have a clue about what the heck is going on with most of the world.

Neverwinter going to Ravnica would be time for me to step off.
    Post edited by pterias on
  • Options
    I personally would not mind to seeing Sigil.
  • Options
    nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    I like Eberron. If I had to choose between those two, it would be Eberron. The Warforged race (sentient constructs) isn't as bad as you might think. Plus, I like the concept of airships powered by magic and an elemental bound to serve. Of course, I played DDO before this game and that might bias me, but the setting is pretty fun.

Outside of that binary choice, I would choose to just stay in the Forgotten Realms and build on what we already have. This setting is expansive enough that we don't need to mess around going to other settings. Honestly, DDO going to Faerun kind of broke that game and I think including another setting other than Ravenloft might break this game. Ravenloft is enough of a stretch already. There are so many places in this setting, like Netheril and other places, and I would like to spend some time there. Just like I wish that DDO had just stayed focused on Eberron because there were plenty of places to go there without going to Faerun...
  • Options
    pterias said:

Subjectively speaking, hell no to both. Eberron is vastly different than FR, and we can do without sentient golem PCs and airships.

We've already seen airships. Pirate's Skyhold and Chult both have them in one form or another.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    greywynd said:

pterias said:

Subjectively speaking, hell no to both. Eberron is vastly different than FR, and we can do without sentient golem PCs and airships.

We've already seen airships. Pirate's Skyhold and Chult both have them in one form or another.
    Yep. The Skyships, iirc are holdovers from Halruaa. If anything, I think the Warforged would be a problematic incorporation into Faerun as I can't seem to recall any kind of Torilian equivalent. Like I said, after a Waterdeep/Undermountain campain, WoTC (and Cryptic by extension) should start moving east and start expanding on that world map. Two more coppers.
    ~Shia~

Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)

Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • Options
    pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    Fine then, replace "airships" with "lightning rails". :tongue:
  • Options
    bemery#9836 bemery Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Eberron for warforge race :)
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

Eberron or Ravnica,
    Ravnica is a Magic the Gathering Setting thats getting an official d&d setting in November.
    Eberron is also being updated Offically Online.

So what are you thoughts, Which world out of the two would you prefer to see?
    Eberron Content or Ravnica content?

I'd like to see content set in Neverwinter...
  • Options
    There are more areas of the city to explore. There are more areas around the city to explore. Stay on Faerun.
  • Options
    relativityrelativity Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    I'd vote Planescape each day. So Lady of Pain help me!
    Bids he then the spruces to singer him an anthems!
    thief-glyphs.gif?w=32
    And the Woodsie Lord binders them fleshes to stone!
  • Options

I guess if I had played Eberron extensively I could see the appeal but again, I don't remember if there is a Faerunian/Torilian equivalent that would explain their presence. A stretch could put them as gnomish creations in Lantan but that's a real stretch. Now with races like the dragonborn, you at least have their origin being from Abeir and they made their way around Faerun when parts of Abeir switched places with parts of Toril during the Spellplague. Warforged...just don't see it unless you would attribute their presence to a hand wave. So again I say, go east.
    ~Shia~

Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • Options
    edited August 2018

I guess if I had played Eberron extensively I could see the appeal but again, I don't remember if there is a Faerunian/Torilian equivalent that would explain their presence. A stretch could put them as gnomish creations in Lantan but that's a real stretch. Now with races like the dragonborn, you at least have their origin being from Abeir and they made their way around Faerun when parts of Abeir switched places with parts of Toril during the Spellplague. Warforged...just don't see it unless you would attribute their presence to a hand wave. So again I say, go east.
    http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Warforged

They could in fact do warforged maybe even explain them being created by wizards that took a forge from Eberron eons ago and it was recently discovered or maybe created by Gnomish Wizards. But it says on the wiki they are created by rituals. Maybe one day when they start adding in races again.
    Post edited by thevampinator on
  • Options
    sharkfiend#8982 sharkfiend Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Stay in Realms. Go to the Far East or the dalelands. Of the 2, Eberron at least is a dnd realm. Magic the Gathering will get jammed down our throats by WoC if the paper version is successful whether we want it or not. If so, next we will have Batman, Thor, and the hulk running around next. DO NOT NEED CROSSOVERS!!! Stick to actual dnd stuff.