test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Old seals - Currency tab update request

reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
edited July 2018 in Player Feedback (PC)
Any chance the currency tab can be updated to have the current seals on top? I can't see my seals of the brave when I switch to currencies without scrolling down. The order at the moment for me is:

1. Seal of the Adventurer
2. Seal of the Unicorn
3. Seal of the Drake
4. Seal of the Elements
5. Seal of the Brave

I have 1 seal of the unicorn and drake. I have 2 seals of elements. I can't get rid of them :(

Comments

• nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for the suggestion! I'll pass it on!
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,217 Arc User
    It would be better if there is a way to get rid of the 1 to 2 loss change of seal.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    I agree with @plasticbat, we need a way to get rid of the extinct seals that we cant trade in.
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User

I agree with @plasticbat, we need a way to get rid of the extinct seals that we cant trade in.

I would argue that they need to give us a way to trade in all of our old seals for something.
    We earned those old seals. Give us something of at least some value in exchange for our that effort.

Even if just a skill kit or potion or gold or whatever, I think that we deserve better than just a delete option for those old seals or any other currency that they make obsolete at some later date.

I would argue that they need to give us a way to trade in all of our old seals for something.
    We earned those old seals. Give us something of at least some value in exchange for our that effort.

Even if just a skill kit or potion or gold or whatever, I think that we deserve better than just a delete option for those old seals or any other currency that they make obsolete at some later date.
    I personally don't even care about trading it for the loose change. I am happy if they allow me to 'delete'.

I don't want them to spend on-going time and resource to maintain loose change seal so that the loose change seal can be used to exchange for another type of 'garbage'.

Give me a 'delete' option for seal and for safety sake they can re-use the dialog box to make me to type 'delete' to confirm (this already exists for other stuff).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I recently made 2 storage alts and IIRC at least one of them has ended up with a few Unicorn seals. (only doing bag quests and Tower District)
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    pitshade said:

I recently made 2 storage alts and IIRC at least one of them has ended up with a few Unicorn seals. (only doing bag quests and Tower District)

You still can convert those to adventurer seal. If you have enough adventurer seal, you can get a bag of rAD.
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    I would be happy with @plasticbat solution.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    > @plasticbat said:
    > I recently made 2 storage alts and IIRC at least one of them has ended up with a few Unicorn seals. (only doing bag quests and Tower District)
    >
    > You still can convert those to adventurer seal. If you have enough adventurer seal, you can get a bag of rAD.

I find it is better to buy r5s and stockpile them. When I get a stack, they go on the AH. Pretty much back to the way it used to be, where RAD isn't a strong incentive when you cap each day.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    pitshade said:

> @plasticbat said:

> I recently made 2 storage alts and IIRC at least one of them has ended up with a few Unicorn seals. (only doing bag quests and Tower District)

>

> You still can convert those to adventurer seal. If you have enough adventurer seal, you can get a bag of rAD.

I find it is better to buy r5s and stockpile them. When I get a stack, they go on the AH. Pretty much back to the way it used to be, where RAD isn't a strong incentive when you cap each day.

Yes, I guess for most that may be better. But, for me, I already have over hundred stacks of r5 stashed everywhere (Yes, I am too lazy to sell them) Taking a R5 is more work for me with tiny gain but I do get some time to time from other source.

The following is what I would do if I get a R5.

1. Put it to shared bank.
    2. Eventually, when I log in the dedicated storage character that keeps stashes of R5, I move it (or them) to the proper stack.

Before step 2, it will occupy a slot in the shared bank. If the shared bank is filled, I will be forced to do step #2.

If I just get rAD which is not a big amount, I don't need to worry about anything.
  • trevor#8542 trevor Member Posts: 119 Arc User

wow dude its just 1 or 2 its not worth the time and effort. i would much rather they fix something thats broken over something so small like this.

I personally don't even care about trading it for the loose change. I am happy if they allow me to 'delete'.

I don't want them to spend on-going time and resource to maintain loose change seal so that the loose change seal can be used to exchange for another type of 'garbage'.

Give me a 'delete' option for seal and for safety sake they can re-use the dialog box to make me to type 'delete' to confirm (this already exists for other stuff).

wow dude its just 1 or 2 its not worth the time and effort. i would much rather they fix something thats broken over something so small like this.
    They are going to be working on something anyway.

Making a delete option appear isn't going to be accomplished by someone snapping their fingers, so if they are going to get in and code something, why not code in skill kits for 1 seal rather than a delete button?
    edited July 2018

They are going to be working on something anyway.

Making a delete option appear isn't going to be accomplished by someone snapping their fingers, so if they are going to get in and code something, why not code in skill kits for 1 seal rather than a delete button?
    Because I expect it is something close to a snap of their fingers. Adding a 'discard' for a left mouse click already exist for something else. The discard confirmation dialog already exists for something else. i.e. they just need to re-use some code and not need to create something new and do not need to change the item time to time. No need to have a design meeting just to figure out what item should be exchanged to which seal.
    edited July 2018

Because I expect it is something close to a snap of their fingers. Adding a 'discard' for a left mouse click already exist for something else. The discard confirmation dialog already exists for something else. i.e. they just need to re-use some code and not need to create something new and do not need to change the item time to time. No need to have a design meeting just to figure out what item should be exchanged to which seal.

Right.

Because it would take weeks of high level management meetings to decide what little thing they could add to an already existing vendor store.

Kits. Was that difficult? If you think that getting nothing is better then you could always buy the kit and then just delete that rather than selling it for whatever little bit you can get or, Heaven forbid, using it.

• nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User

Right.

Because it would take weeks of high level management meetings to decide what little thing they could add to an already existing vendor store.

Kits. Was that difficult? If you think that getting nothing is better then you could always buy the kit and then just delete that rather than selling it for whatever little bit you can get or, Heaven forbid, using it.

The section I bolded is a terrible strawman argument. It's not that plasticbat thinks getting nothing is better; rather, it's that s/he was trying to come up with a way to get rid of the dead seals without requiring much in developer time. You already know this. Why debase your argument with logical fallacies?