test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Chests consume legendary dragon keys even when players have the crafted keys

feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
Like it says. Dungeons/skirmishes with their individualised chests consume legendary dragon keys even if the player has crafted the appropriate special key. This should be fixed. Affected players should have their legendary dragon keys returned.

Comments

• percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    Hello @feanor70118,

We already escalated this issue for Demogorgon, and Cryptic confirmed they're working on.

Do you confirm that this issue occurs with all dungeons/skirmishes?

Kind regards,
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    It doesnt do this for POM or ToDG at the moment, but I am sure it did do for a while - can someone else confirm/check this?
  • yirarax#1742 yirarax Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    It happens to all chests, if you crafted the keys after entering the instance or after the chest appeared.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer

Like it says. Dungeons/skirmishes with their individualised chests consume legendary dragon keys even if the player has crafted the appropriate special key. This should be fixed. Affected players should have their legendary dragon keys returned.

Is this happening if you craft the key after you've entered the dungeon/skirmish or even if you already had the special keys before entering?
  • sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User

It happens to all chests, if you crafted the keys after entering the instance or after the chest appeared.

i can confirm its happened to me in pom an throne of the dwarven gods skirmish after entering said skirmish when the chest appears at the end of skirmish i used 5 keys an didnt evn kno it til i paid attention after making the key to open (greater demonic key)

• yirarax#1742 yirarax Member Posts: 27 Arc User

Is this happening if you craft the key after you've entered the dungeon/skirmish or even if you already had the special keys before entering?
    It happens only if you craft the key after entering.

It happens only if you craft the key after entering.
    ive crafted keys after entering an it didnt do it to me... it only did it to me after the instance ended an i crafted them n tried to open chest
    Greetings,

Thank you all for your help and the details you provided!

We forwarded this issue to the game team. Unfortunately, this issue cannot be fixed in the near future, but it will later.

Thank you for understanding too, and have fun on Neverwinter!

Regards,
    Percemer
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    OK, can we have a refund of whatever zen we spent on all those legendary dragon keys then?
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

OK, can we have a refund of whatever zen we spent on all those legendary dragon keys then?

Yeah to be fair I have used up a fair amount without even realising!
    edited July 2018
    I cannot answer this question. However, you can always contact the Customer Support to ask this, but by interacting with the final chest, it is clearly indicated which key will be consumed :/
    We are sorry for the confusion and for the inconvenience.

Regards,
    Post edited by percemer on
    Percemer
    ----------
    It obviously only took a line or two of bad coding to break this.
    It should only take a tiny fix to correct it.
    Telling us to either give up on loot we've earned or throw away zen we don't intend to spend is not acceptable.
    Hey, remember that time we told you in a 50 page thread that it was a horrible idea to remove our ability to peek at chests' contents without spending a key? Remember how you ignored us? Heyyyyyyyyyyyy, wouldn't reversing that change fix this problem instantly?
  • gogu79gogu79 Member Posts: 70 Arc User

yes that happen when u craft key inside i lost like 6 legendary key before i figure out
    Dragons? On MY Way !!
    percemer said:

Greetings,

Thank you all for your help and the details you provided!

We forwarded this issue to the game team. Unfortunately, this issue cannot be fixed in the near future, but it will later.

Thank you for understanding too, and have fun on Neverwinter!

Regards,

percemer said:

I cannot answer this question. However, you can always contact the Customer Support to ask this, but by interacting with the final chest, it is clearly indicated which key will be consumed :/
    We are sorry for the confusion and for the inconvenience.

Regards,

just ran kessals retreat an crafted key at kessel but it did not finisj till after the instance was over so i had the key but yet it still told me to use a ledge dragon key to open tried killing myself an respawning but to same effect... lost another key
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Stick your Leg Dragon Keys in your shared bank slots. Keeps them from being eaten.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    greywynd said:

Stick your Leg Dragon Keys in your shared bank slots. Keeps them from being eaten.

but does this allow u to use the special key or not evn if crafted after the instance ends??? who knows.....

I do. I've done it. I still have all the Leg Dragon Keys they gave us for the anniversary. I have so many VIP epic keys that I didn't want to burn the dragon keys. I have fashioned instance keys while in instance.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    greywynd said:

I do. I've done it. I still have all the Leg Dragon Keys they gave us for the anniversary. I have so many VIP epic keys that I didn't want to burn the dragon keys. I have fashioned instance keys while in instance.

ive done that as well but the problem seems to be if u craft the key AFTER the instance is over,,,, i havent had the problem if crafting before the instance is over either
    Define "after", because I don't do it sitting in the lobby of PoM or Throne. I usually end up doing it after people have started filing out. There isn't enough time to consider it during fighting.
    greywynd said:

Define "after", because I don't do it sitting in the lobby of PoM or Throne. I usually end up doing it after people have started filing out. There isn't enough time to consider it during fighting.

AFTER as om once the scoreboard comes up an ppl start gettin their loot and leaving.... that AFTER lol. but from what ive notice since puttin dragon keys in shared bnk.... it doent do it... so the problenm seems to be wen u have the dragon keys on u but not the special key but then craft the special key after entering an instance and the instance has ended. from what it seems
    This problem also extends to greater vs. lesser demonic keys. If you have a greater key but no lesser key already crafted before entering an instance in which the chest can be opened with a lesser key, it will always consume the greater demonic key (which cannot be mailed or put in shared bank slots).
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    so far it happens to me in demogorgon/cn/todg/pom if we craft key inside, because these dungeon tracks if u have the crafting keys or notif not it automaticaly picks dragon keys.
    arcanjo86 said:

so far it happens to me in demogorgon/cn/todg/pom if we craft key inside, because these dungeon tracks if u have the crafting keys or notif not it automaticaly picks dragon keys.

that may be so.... just do wht me an the other guy r doin lol... stick the drgon keys in ur shared bank..... ive been in throne 2 times today on main and alt an my dagon keys r in shard bank n i crafted the greater demonic jkey in instance b4 u stand in blue circle to go in to fight..... and no problems at the end wit the chest.... so jus stick ur dragon keys in ur shared bank