test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Remove PVE gear bonus from PVP.

finalfantasyac7finalfantasyac7 Member Posts: 582 Arc User
edited July 2018 in PvP Discussion
Please remove any PVE gear (head/armor/arms/feet) bonus ( rings/belt/necklace excluded) from PVP.

Devs, aren't you tired of trying to fix broken PVE gears such as Mane, chitters, and many more broken gears that will be released in the future. By removing the bonus from pvp will solve most of the problems.
Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

¨˜ˆ”°¹~•-.„¸ρℓαуιиg иєνєяωιитєя ѕιи¢є 2015¸„.-•~¹°”ˆ˜¨

Post edited by finalfantasyac7 on

Comments

• jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Hmm. It would be better if they removed any bonus that involved stuns - sandys pants for example - or prones/knocks - cowl of the dead, crown of the undead etc. - from pvp. There are more than enough already.

3% damage bonuses, stat bonuses etc. can stay, otherwise pvpers wouldn't be motivated to change gear except for stats, which are usually the endgame dungeon gear, which are the hardest for pvp-oriented toons to get into/successfully complete.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    No.. remove all bonuses that are not on pvp armors or pvp items
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
    Remove all pve item bonuses.. belts ring everything... or allow everything....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
    Why should you keep your 3% damage if I can't keep my stuns... I worked hard to get my items too....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #allgearmatters
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • trevor#8542 trevor Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited July 2018

Why should you keep your 3% damage if I can't keep my stuns... I worked hard to get my items too....

you say worked hard to get items theres nothing hard about getting any of the gear in this game they took that right out of the game witch sucks

edit unless your talking about +5 rings
  • slysnow#2290 slysnow Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    Completely remove everything non pvp oriented from pvp. If you don't want to do that then or if it's easier then create a pvp set bonus: 3 of 3 immune to all effects and bonuses from non pvp gear.

You can also create a pvp mode called barebones. Only stats matter. No bonuses from any source allowed, as well as still making it solo que oriented.

Removing pve stuff from pvp makes the most sense and would (imo) reduce the fix this, or fix that threads unless a class is truly broken.
  • trevor#8542 trevor Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    most of the time everyone doesnt play as a group and they go off on their own but if they got a group together and played a pvp match the same way they would as a dungeon is would be as bad.
  • aixis2000aixis2000 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Shore in the desert...since they came up with ambush/drains and so on community wanted that removed again. I bet Cryptic decided to destroy pvp in the game long ago and so they came up with more and more game breaking stuff each new mod. They knew their community pretty well: if stuff like that is out there alot of "pro´s" went for it and so less ppl with each mod were willing to sacrifice themselves to some guys with big e-peens. Keep up guys only 2 more mods and pvp is history so u can face the sun again!
    Pvp will never die.. many of us pve to pvp....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User

Any gear bonus that causes cc effects to proc in pvp should be disabled when flagged, end of story. There is no reason anyone should be microstunned or knocked back by a braindead pair of pants, ring, helmet, etc.

Also please don't put anymore items in that do reflect damage like the manticore mane, chitters fangs etc. No one uses these things in PVE, and really the only reason to own them is so you can essentially "glitch" kill in PVP (as soon as they are fixed they go into the trash heap). Simple things like this would go a long way into making PVP game experiences better.

Exactly this

I just made a post as I have had enough now, people are actually abusing me for calling them out as they are literally glitch killing people.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
    I disagree... nothing should be barred when flagged or everything that gives added bonus should.be barred.... just to select disables or stuns is not right...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I would say everything you earned is legal to use in pvp... everything and all bonuses...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aixis2000aixis2000 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    ^
    sarcasm on "the voice of reason° ...sarcasm off - and ppl really wonder why neverwinter pvp is in that state as it is
    Post edited by aixis2000 on
  • finalfantasyac7finalfantasyac7 Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    6 years later and dev's still haven't figured out how to balance pvp.
    If cryptic let the experienced pvp players do the pvp class balance then we would have perfect pvp balance within a week or 2.

#StopRuiningPVP.
    Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

> @finalfantasyac7 said:
    > 6 years later and dev's still haven't figured out how to balance pvp.
    > If cryptic let the experienced pvp players do the pvp class balance then we would have perfect pvp balance within a week or 2.
    >
    > #StopRuiningPVP.

I doubt it because everyone wants to buff their own class and nerf everyone els....
    I'm certain class balance should be called class acceptance....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • finalfantasyac7finalfantasyac7 Member Posts: 582 Arc User

Pvp is full of glitches & broken items.
    Pvp gears are bad compared to pve gears.

Why not let us have comps in pvp too ?
    Also can you make more items that 1 hit kill a player just by standing and doing nothing after using a daily or perhaps you can combine all of them and let us have 1 gear that stuns, push away, root and 1 hit kill a player.

Just disable yourself from pvp... play with friends who don't want the items in question... all items should work in pvp stun root prone everything
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    why do the devs have a Cc resist system in place in pvp due to complaints of stun locks/ prone micro ccs etc .. and then introduce more broken items that accomplish the same thing riddle me that ? ...ya ll items should work in pvp and also respect the devs CC stacking immunity system then
    There should be no cc immunity after being hit so many times... the cleric and op should have a skill to release you..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2018

There should be no cc immunity after being hit so many times... the cleric and op should have a skill to release you..

ya and waste an encounter slot ...who are they going to use it on when the cool down is up their scrub team mate or themselves
    so wait if the cleric or pally is stunned then who will release them .. oh so every pvp team must have a pally and cleric on the same node now to cover each other and sacrifice one encounter(or something on a feat tree ) just LOLZ DUde as if this would happen in solo Q
    people could not give a hampster about team work in solo Q or the regular q even

new flavor of the month pally and cleric only in pvp LOL

mighty convenient you play a tr and already have built in cc break immunity every few seconds

ok so no ITC for tr and then cleric and pally can have the cc breaks "skill to release you " ok lol
    fair is fair right ?
    Post edited by kalina311 on
    You are thinking small. .. encounters should have dual use... release cc and heal as one.. and so on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • feioso123feioso123 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    > @demonmonger said:
    > There should be no cc immunity after being hit so many times... the cleric and op should have a skill to release you..

Fun fact is...OPs do have an encounter that does exactly that, it can even be used inside a cc situation like smoke bomb...but, how many actually use it?...yup, you guessed.
    edited July 2018

You are thinking small. .. encounters should have dual use... release cc and heal as one.. and so on

I was not thinking small did i not say ....."(or something on a/ thier feat tree)"

regardless you did not answer my other points pigeon holing certain classes to be default anti ccers when other classes do not have access to it it is also problematic

furthermore you are thinking small because (if only certain classes having cc breaks it eliminates certain matchups 1 v 1 for players that cant break cc also making it unfair ....

so its ok to having broken cc items bypassing the devs CC system in pvp if "some classes can " theoretically" break thru it in the future with your proposed changes just lol
    no im saying there should be no dev anti cc system...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    good luck with that
    I'm not saying do it or else... no luck needed....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]