test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Barovia Instances

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 3,796 Community Manager
Greetings Adventurers! We are investigating the issue with players seeing limited Barovia instances/incomplete list of all instances. We will provide additional information when available. Thank you for your patience!

Comments

  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    @nitocris83 any updates on the disconnection happening during hunts, and not being able to get back together with the rest of the party? ps: i just got dc during a 2* and a 3* hunt, im enjoying this new hunt mechanic so much, that dojo card looks promising xD
  • percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited July 2018

    Hello @arcanjo86,

    I believe that it is intended you cannot join again the party if you are disconnected during hunts, but we are aware that if someone is disconnected, other players from the party cannot receive the rewards from the hunt, and developpers are working on a fix.
    We are also delighted that you appreciate the new hunting system. Best of luck and have fun! :)

    Regards,

    Percemer
    EU Community Coordinator @ Perfect World Entertainment
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service - Discord / Percemer: Profile - Facebook - Twitter
  • darkan#3756 darkan Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    sane here i can play all content very well but when stay in party in barovia usually im disconected and lose my hunt :(
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    I think it's important to NOTE there is a -slightly- inconvenient work around that most players have been using that will WORK; however it does just requires a few extra steps and maybe 20-30s longer. As it's a BHE it's likely not going to be over before you get there...

    If you are looking to join a BHE quest: Don't ask in /zone until your near the travel gate on the Bravaria Map; or if you have a VIP account then be ready to summon a Travel Post. Once your in your party then travel back to PE (Protector's Enclave), Caer-Konig, or even Port N. (Chult) as long as it's a SOCIAL ZONE. Then once you've arrived you can immediately travel back to Bravaria, and 70-90% you'll be in the same instance as your Party leader.

    So this should help you even though it's a few additional steps than were used to. Hopefully we'll possible see some FIX for the instances in the weeks ahead...
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    This is not only affected disconnects.
    On Wednesday, me and 4 alliance friends did hunts in Barovia. We did about 4 or 5 and each time the hunt finished, we were all brought back to the Vistani camp, but in different instances even though we were still partied together.

    We tried the "workaround" but, that is no guarantee either. Me and a few others switched to PE and then came back to Barovia only to find that we were still in the wrong instance from the rest of the party.
    Had to do that "workaround" a few times to get us all together.
  • mystar#5733 mystar Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    waiting for the party leader to leave the hunt first when the hunt is over seems to work for getting everyone into the same instance.

    when invited to a hunting party and everyone is in different instances...

    we need to make sure that everyone except the party leader is out of their instance at the same time...doesn't seem to matter where. Everyone should end up in the party leader's instance when they return to Barovia.

    If you are the first person invited to the party and you go to PE and another player is invited into the party while you are returning to Barovia (the load screen) you will probably end up in the new members instance instead of the party leader's. It's best to wait til the party is full and then take turns going to PE and back to Barovia. The leader could also pause to give party members time to do this before inviting other people right away.

    One thing is for sure....these bugs give a good reason to pay attention to the pary chat and communicate with party members. Alliance and guild parties most likely are already doing that, but not so much for the zone parties.

    I've been disconnected from hunts a couple times and was able to get back into them. I'm not sure if the rewards are considered all drops, in which case i was able to get refining stones, gold and uncommon gear that dropped after i got back in.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9,200 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    strathkin said:

    I think it's important to NOTE there is a -slightly- inconvenient work around that most players have been using that will WORK; however it does just requires a few extra steps and maybe 20-30s longer. As it's a BHE it's likely not going to be over before you get there...

    If you are looking to join a BHE quest: Don't ask in /zone until your near the travel gate on the Bravaria Map; or if you have a VIP account then be ready to summon a Travel Post. Once your in your party then travel back to PE (Protector's Enclave), Caer-Konig, or even Port N. (Chult) as long as it's a SOCIAL ZONE. Then once you've arrived you can immediately travel back to Bravaria, and 70-90% you'll be in the same instance as your Party leader.

    So this should help you even though it's a few additional steps than were used to. Hopefully we'll possible see some FIX for the instances in the weeks ahead...

    Also, pay attention to where the other party member are. You want to go to leader's instance. If other party member are still in Barovia instance but not in leader's, you should not switch until they are ALL either not in Barovia instance or in party leader's instance. Otherwise, you may keep going to the wrong instance.
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    percemer said:

    Hello @arcanjo86,

    I believe that it is intended you cannot join again the party if you are disconnected during hunts, but we are aware that if someone is disconnected, other players from the party cannot receive the rewards from the hunt, and developpers are working on a fix.
    We are also delighted that you appreciate the new hunting system. Best of luck and have fun! :)

    Regards,

    the disconnection problem was happening after i use my poster and decided to put taroka cards and game simply disconnected me making it impossible for me to rejoin them on my poster hunt, today this didnt happened on my 3* poster, guess had something to do with the fix for steam players, we had fun using dojo and 1 player from the 5 of us got the rags drop from a need or greed decision ad we had a blast once again .
  • malignantmind#3340 malignantmind Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    Any update on this? It's making the BHE if not impossible, then extremely difficult to do because no one can reliably switch instances, so there's never enough people to actually finish the BHE.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9,200 Arc User
    edited July 2018

    Any update on this? It's making the BHE if not impossible, then extremely difficult to do because no one can reliably switch instances, so there's never enough people to actually finish the BHE.

    Hmmm! That was not my experience. This needs to be fixed but you can switch if you watch where the other party members are before you going back to Barovia.

    e.g. You post "+ bhe" in the zone chat. You got an invite. You go to PE.

    You see leader Barovia 17, player2 Barovia 20, player3 Barovia 30. You are in PE. Don't go back to Barovia until:

    leader Barovia 17, player2 PE, player3 Dread Ring
    or
    leader Barovia 17, player2 Barovia 17, player3 Dread Ring

    I also always lucky enough to have enough people to finish BHE and I do that for 6 characters.
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 765 Arc User
    Maybe the fixee will be in tomorrow's patch???
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,410 Community Moderator
    empalas said:

    Maybe the fixee will be in tomorrow's patch???

    That appears to be the plan.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9,200 Arc User
    It is in the patch note.
  • zhili666zhili666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User
    And it is still broken after the patch
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    Yea it still broken. :(
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    I think I know whats causing the issue when you enter barovia, I notied the timer for change instance is lower then it normal is. Like a minute, when everywhere else its too minutes I think this is glitching out the change instance in Barovia.
  • muratttimurattti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 417 Arc User
    why the sisters are so hard, the second one is hardly hitpoint, the second one is unbelievable, I do not understand why so many dungeons can be formed when the main server is installed. and the lag problem is cabbage.
  • shoziku222shoziku222 Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    murattti said:

    why the sisters are so hard, the second one is hardly hitpoint, the second one is unbelievable, I do not understand why so many dungeons can be formed when the main server is installed. and the lag problem is cabbage.

    Pretty sure you posted your statement in the wrong thread.
  • quistranaquistrana Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    Still broke for me too, on 3 accounts
Sign In or Register to comment.