test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Thunderhead visual effect missing from armor parts?

wessron#7671 wessron Member Posts: 9 Arc User
I got my Thunderhead to perfect expecting to be showing in all my armor pieces, but still only showing on the chest part, something changed about how the visual works?
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    No I think the armor enchant only shows on the Armor. Like the Weapon on shows on the Mainhand for a HR or Rogue.
  • wessron#7671 wessron Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    strathkin said:

No I think the armor enchant only shows on the Armor. Like the Weapon on shows on the Mainhand for a HR or Rogue.

On this thread https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/534209/perfect-greater-armor-and-weapon-enchantment-screenshots-visual-effects/p1

Every perfect enchantment visual appears on all the armor pieces, in many classes too.

And a video from the same thread showing the perfect thunderhead https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk29wACnxqE&feature=youtu.be
    I found a video from this year showing the problem, the effects from all enchantments apply to every armor piece, but the Thunderhead only show on the chest piece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13RHAOnFeCo

Why is that happening?
    So, anyone with a Thunderhead that shows on all the armor parts?
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    I run a Trans Thunderhead on a GWF, and even at that level the visuals non-combat are barely visible. It is no-where near as noticeable as most other armor enchants at that level (Soulforged, Bloodtheft, Negation, Barkshield, Fireburst - pretty much every other one I've run is much more evident).

On the other hand, when you are IN combat - it can get crazy.

Especially if you are also running with higher level Lightning weapon enchant. On some dungeon maps (Tiamat, Valindra, etc) there's this kind of feedback loop, where the lightning effect and the thunderhead effect overlap each other faster and faster, to the point where the entire battlefield almost whites out - and not just for me - it effects everyone in the party.

There have been times when I had to run my GWF away from the battle to allow the visual effects to calm down enough so we could see what we were hitting at.

I run a Trans Thunderhead on a GWF, and even at that level the visuals non-combat are barely visible. It is no-where near as noticeable as most other armor enchants at that level (Soulforged, Bloodtheft, Negation, Barkshield, Fireburst - pretty much every other one I've run is much more evident).

On the other hand, when you are IN combat - it can get crazy.

Especially if you are also running with higher level Lightning weapon enchant. On some dungeon maps (Tiamat, Valindra, etc) there's this kind of feedback loop, where the lightning effect and the thunderhead effect overlap each other faster and faster, to the point where the entire battlefield almost whites out - and not just for me - it effects everyone in the party.

There have been times when I had to run my GWF away from the battle to allow the visual effects to calm down enough so we could see what we were hitting at.

Thank you for the input, so they should brind back the non-combat to the level it was before and tone down the in-combat effect to fix the issue.
  • handofdonkhandofdonk Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User
    I'm running a Pure Thunderhead as well, and only get it displaying on the chest piece at the moment. Has this been logged as a bug?
    I hope so, we need an official answer about that.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    I'm running this by the team for more info!

I'm running this by the team for more info!

Thank you very much.