test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance [6/29]

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
Neverwinter on PC will undergo maintenance tomorrow, June 29, starting at 7am until 9am PT. Patch Notes discussion thread is available here.

Comments

• Options
    cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    Yay! Fixes for enchants!
    Definitely worth waiting a day for!
  • Options
    ebonmoon13ebonmoon13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    did you have to shut down the servers completely?...the autoupdate can't connect...it must be severe indeed...
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Someone got in. I see complaints about brutal enchantments on companions not working, with a response that its a display error. My guess is that they got in before the patch server died.
  • Options
    ebonmoon13ebonmoon13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    crypticErrorX64.exe.deleteme...does anyone know what this is?...I found it running as a process in task manager on windows 10
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    swamarian said:

Someone got in. I see complaints about brutal enchantments on companions not working, with a response that its a display error. My guess is that they got in before the patch server died.

The issues weren't with the patch servers, there was a major internet outage effecting a lot of people trying to connect to the game. Comcast users are still having issues.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    player still are having trouble with brutal r13 on companion gear, rasni and orcus avatar red floor marks are messed up, the animation of the bosses attack are ok, but the red marks on floor dont show were the attacks are coming from
  • Options
    miasmatmiasmat Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 318 Cryptic Developer

crypticErrorX64.exe.deleteme...does anyone know what this is?...I found it running as a process in task manager on windows 10

crypticErorX64.exe is the crash handler. When your client crashes, it launcher crypticErrorX64.exe. When we patch the various .exe files, we rename them "*.deleteme" briefly. If something crashes during patching, it'll use the crypticErrorX64.exe.deleteme to handle those.
    You're welcome to kill any CrypticError* processes whenever you like. We appreciate if you'll let them finish, since they're sending us the full crash dump with all the details about what went wrong. But if you're worried about bandwidth or if they're lingering around for more than a couple hours, feel free to kill them. Usually you can switch to the process (with Alt+Tab or clicking the Cryptic icon near your clock) and see what it's up to.
  • Options
    muratttimurattti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 417 Arc User
    @miasmat hi Why is the 64 bit client still going to sound and I am playing with the worse sound than many questions. I play games with 32 bit installed system.
  • Options
    miasmatmiasmat Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 318 Cryptic Developer
    > @murattti said:
    > @miasmat hi Why is the 64 bit client still going to sound and I am playing with the worse sound than many questions. I play games with 32 bit installed system.

If you're playing on a 32-bit system, it'll run the 32-bit version of each app.
    I know people are looking into the sound troubles people have reported on the 64-bit client.