test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Should apocalypse dagger obtention be made easier ?

The artifact as of mod 14 is part of a set but it's only available in Day of Dungeon Master ... which is once a year in march ..
«1

Comments

  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6,211 Arc User
    I'd be happy with it being reclaimable.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    I wish there were "Reset Campaign" buttons for the Respen and Portobello campaigns so we could replay them on the same character to get the Portobello items (including the Apocalypse Dagger) and the different color titles from Respen's. The reset buttons should each only be useable once per event per character, and only if already completed, so people can't keep resetting them over and over during the same event.
  • chemjeffchemjeff Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    I claimed my Apocalypse Dagger back when it was worthwhile to use artifacts as refinement feeders, and back when acquiring Power artifacts was difficult and expensive. So I used it as a feeder artifact for my Lantern. Guess I can never again claim one. It would be nice if there were some alternate way to obtain this artifact in the future.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6,211 Arc User
    My TR's went into his Horn of Blasting.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    I know some people did it before this was announced. But I'm sure there are plenty who used it to feed another artefact or just have not completed the event yet. Even if the event was around the corner, it is still unfair on any who join or come back to the game after this has occurred and especially those who can never get one again.

    Are there plans to make this thing drop from Barovia? I guess it is something that would not be in the patch notes yet. But if it has been overlooked I just ask to re-examine this item.

    Thanks!
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • zoheretzoheret Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    This would be really great to know actually. I have mine on the wrong character, and my main used it as a feeder.
  • zoheretzoheret Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Ideas to fix it for those who used it as a feeder, didn't do it on the character they intend to play, etc:

    1. Bring back Portobello's early for each platform, give those who completed it the option to re-obtain. Maybe make it cost blank report cards if absolutely want folks to re-do at least some of the skirmishes.
    2. Tarmalune Trade Bars! Want accounts to purchase keys? Give us the option to purchase the dagger from the Tarmalune store! YAY! (this is my favorite option)
    3. Drop from Strahd. Makes sense yo! Or you can hide it in a secret chest... maybe in the library?
  • tomiotartomiotar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    You should be able to choose it from the Glorious Resurgent Artifact pack, as simple as that.
  • gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User
    I think all they should do is to increase a number of events in a year.
    And this artifact should never be reclaimable or part of any pack or store avilable.
    If some one had it but drop it - his loss. If used as feeder - you already benfited form it.
    Make yourself an alt and finish campaign on next event - here you go.

    And ffs - learn a basic MMOs lesson - you never know what item and when turns out to be beneficial, especialy an item obtainable in a very specific and rare ocasions.
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    I kept the one and only dagger that I got on my HR. I never could decide what to do with it.
    I aim to misbehave
  • gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User
    @greywynd

    Its like I would expect that Cryptic gona give me back a stack of blood rubies I just used for refine. I had them but lost them to refine something - give it back Cryptic :D

    Most of players I know of had 3 ways to choose about Apoc Dagger - dont bother to get one (most of them~60%). Get it as feeder (~35%) or get it to have it in a collections (5% tops). So dont even try to push a story about runic bags here.
    That artifact was not so good to say the least, and if any1 even bother to get it, it was in most cases used as a free feeder.
    You want reclaim - sure but reclaim should cost same amount of refine points as such artifact gave you as a feeder.
    That would be fair - asking for more is a simple fraud attempt.

    And I am sure that you already know that Cryptic can pretty much do whatever they want with any item in game.
    Especially those items witch was not bought with use of real money.
    They nerfed bondings - did you get anything in return? No. Why you ask for it now?

    My proposision is really fair - get it on other toon and pass it to the one who needs it. Event on the horizon - all who needs it should get it - really no point to make a hamsterstorm out of it
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,517 Community Moderator
    c3rb3r3 said:

    The artifact as of mod 14 is part of a set but it's only available in Day of Dungeon Master ... which is once a year in march ..

    Except that they are doing it again next month, which is not March. They might start doing it more often?
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

    c3rb3r3 said:

    The artifact as of mod 14 is part of a set but it's only available in Day of Dungeon Master ... which is once a year in march ..

    Except that they are doing it again next month, which is not March. They might start doing it more often?
    Should also be reclaimable, I have one according to collections, but can't find it, don't remember deleting it but may have done as it was useless for a long time, BoP so no issue there
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6,211 Arc User
    gripnir78 said:

    @greywynd

    Its like I would expect that Cryptic gona give me back a stack of blood rubies I just used for refine. I had them but lost them to refine something - give it back Cryptic :D

    Most of players I know of had 3 ways to choose about Apoc Dagger - dont bother to get one (most of them~60%). Get it as feeder (~35%) or get it to have it in a collections (5% tops). So dont even try to push a story about runic bags here.
    That artifact was not so good to say the least, and if any1 even bother to get it, it was in most cases used as a free feeder.
    You want reclaim - sure but reclaim should cost same amount of refine points as such artifact gave you as a feeder.
    That would be fair - asking for more is a simple fraud attempt.

    And I am sure that you already know that Cryptic can pretty much do whatever they want with any item in game.
    Especially those items witch was not bought with use of real money.
    They nerfed bondings - did you get anything in return? No. Why you ask for it now?

    My proposision is really fair - get it on other toon and pass it to the one who needs it. Event on the horizon - all who needs it should get it - really no point to make a hamsterstorm out of it

    Except not.

    Bringing up changes to bondings is a straw man. There is no comparison.

    The only value the Apoc Dagger had was either to use on your character or as a feeder. They have since changed that status and made it part of a set.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    greywynd said:

    gripnir78 said:

    @greywynd

    Its like I would expect that Cryptic gona give me back a stack of blood rubies I just used for refine. I had them but lost them to refine something - give it back Cryptic :D

    Most of players I know of had 3 ways to choose about Apoc Dagger - dont bother to get one (most of them~60%). Get it as feeder (~35%) or get it to have it in a collections (5% tops). So dont even try to push a story about runic bags here.
    That artifact was not so good to say the least, and if any1 even bother to get it, it was in most cases used as a free feeder.
    You want reclaim - sure but reclaim should cost same amount of refine points as such artifact gave you as a feeder.
    That would be fair - asking for more is a simple fraud attempt.

    And I am sure that you already know that Cryptic can pretty much do whatever they want with any item in game.
    Especially those items witch was not bought with use of real money.
    They nerfed bondings - did you get anything in return? No. Why you ask for it now?

    My proposision is really fair - get it on other toon and pass it to the one who needs it. Event on the horizon - all who needs it should get it - really no point to make a hamsterstorm out of it

    Except not.

    Bringing up changes to bondings is a straw man. There is no comparison.

    The only value the Apoc Dagger had was either to use on your character or as a feeder. They have since changed that status and made it part of a set.
    LOL

    So, now any1 who actually used any basic artifact (lantern, waters or catalogue) as a feeder should ask Cryptic to be able to reclaim it?
    Back then those were not parts of any set as well....
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6,211 Arc User
    Those basic artifacts have long been random drops from chests and boss fights. Try again.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User
    I dont have to, I already prooven that your "logic" is not existent here.
    You simply denied that you already got profit form this artifact.
    You just demand to be treated better than players who didnnt waste a Dagger as feeder, just becouse its harder to get.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6,211 Arc User
    You haven't proven anything except possibly in your own mind. Have a nice life.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    I'm not a packrat.. momma didnt raise no fool. I keep all my artifact stuffs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • erzsebeththeevilerzsebeththeevil Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    pterias said:

    I wish there were "Reset Campaign" buttons for the Respen and Portobello campaigns so we could replay them on the same character to get the Portobello items (including the Apocalypse Dagger) and the different color titles from Respen's. The reset buttons should each only be useable once per event per character, and only if already completed, so people can't keep resetting them over and over during the same event.

    This is the main problem for my main... i did it on her 2 years ago and now she can't redo it..((she used it as a feeder as that was the system back then.))..
    I cant get the dagger .EVER AGAIN .. please devs make it possible to redo/reset this campaign ...
    OR make the prizes account bound... I have soooo many alts that have NEVER done this event... so that would work for me too..

    OR
    Put it into the trade bar store as well... so that VIP's c an buy it and sell it to those who havent done the event yet/ cant wait for the event to happen / etc...

    We need another method that wont be "game breaking" to be able to completely this NEW artifact set ...

  • sengir0#3465 sengir0 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    can we now use the promisory note now for this ? :D
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

    Put it into the trade bar store as well... so that VIP's c an buy it and sell it to those who havent done the event yet/ cant wait for the event to happen / etc...

    Considering the cost in tradebars for artifacts, I doubt many people would find this to be a good way to make AD.
  • qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 840 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    gripnir78 said:



    My proposision is really fair - get it on other toon and pass it to the one who needs it. Event on the horizon - all who needs it should get it - really no point to make a hamsterstorm out of it

    It would be fair, except for one small point. The Dagger is and always has been Bound to Character when you obtain it through the camapign, so it is impossible to obtain it on an alt and pass it over to the character that actually wants/needs it. Hence why people are suggesting it be reclaimable.

  • almondumalmondum Member Posts: 308 Arc User
    qexotic said:

    gripnir78 said:



    My proposision is really fair - get it on other toon and pass it to the one who needs it. Event on the horizon - all who needs it should get it - really no point to make a hamsterstorm out of it

    It would be fair, except for one small point. The Dagger is and always has been Bound to Character when you obtain it through the camapign, so it is impossible to obtain it on an alt and pass it over to the character that actually wants/needs it. Hence why people are suggesting it be reclaimable.

    Makes sense, they could make it reclaimable for a character after he/she completed the campaign in the same way we reclaim the sigils. Locked RP, non-salvageble, althought I don't like such items, if it's the only way to get the dagger...so be it.
    On another note, just make the dagger Bound to Account, I believe that's easier and it also blocks the possibility of selling it to other people.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

    c3rb3r3 said:

    The artifact as of mod 14 is part of a set but it's only available in Day of Dungeon Master ... which is once a year in march ..

    Except that they are doing it again next month, which is not March. They might start doing it more often?
    are they letting people reclaim it who have already done it and salvaged it years ago?
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6,211 Arc User
    Apparently not.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    greywynd said:

    Apparently not.

    huge fail if that's so, that was all anyone was going for that artifact for, refinement for a power arti. I'm sure one or two people still have it but absolutely everyone I knew was doing that.

  • vernando122vernando122 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    I discarded mine way back too :(
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    Apocalypse dagger will prolly be in M15 lockbox.
Sign In or Register to comment.