test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Omu Hunt drop rates

I've heard people on pc complaining that the drop rates were awful but since im on xbox I had to wait until today to see it first hand. The drop rates for lures/spawns is a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> joke. Have the devs addressed this? I honestly hope they don't think this is perfectly fair cause its day one of the new mod and im already over it until I unlock cradle.

I farmed Sun Bears for around 2 hours and only got one Paw. Maxed out on weekly haul of Lost Idols and never even saw another hunt, only the razor rex.

Comments

• Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    Keep on hunting and the drop rates will stay exactly what they are. Why would they adjust anything when the players keep farming hunts regardless?
  • Options
    spelldazerspelldazer Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    Their intention, I think, was to make drops so rare as to encourage people to team up for lures, but all it does is make it more difficult/expensive to acquire lures.
  • Options
    holeyrock#8502 holeyrock Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    If I had the guess I would say the drop rates are the same as the river (mod12). The difference you are noticing is in mod 12 the rares spawned as a pair giving you 2 chances per rare group to score a trophy. Mod 13 many spawn solo giving only 1 chance. Resulting in what would appear as a 50% decreased drop rate from mod 12 as a result. I agree that the rate needs to be adjusted to be more in line with mod 12. Either increase the drop rate or the number of rare spawns.
  • Options
    archangelzorak01archangelzorak01 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 324 Arc User
    Greetings from the future (PC). It doesn't get any better. Especially when you all realize that in order to complete your chain of 5 scales you need a drop from the Tyrant (tier 3 hunt) and that only the person who puts down the lure has a chance to get it. Yeah, You heard me right, "a chance".

The more you hunt the worse you will feel.
    Neverwinter Module 6: The only MMO expansion in the history of MMO's to remove more content than it added.

• Options
    johnnyreklaw#1518 johnnyreklaw Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    Maybe I've just been lucky, but I completed around 35 hunts last week without spending every waking minute hunting. I didn't farm one hunt, rather I ran a circuit encompassing several hunt marks. I worked with one other person. We had a decent return (about 1 drop every 15 minutes). Probably around a 1/12 drop rate on rare spawns. I don't know exactly how many hunts we ran, but I maxed out 2 characters on the extra lost idols from hunts. I received a few from chests, but most from actual hunts.

Like most things in this game, hunts take time and are easier with friends. I recommend getting hunt groups and farming with people. It goes much faster and smoother.
  • Options
    holeyrock#8502 holeyrock Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    So I kept track of 250 rare hunt marks (T1) in mod 12 and 13. Also this is a small sample size the numbers do not lie. In mod 12 my drop rate of a trophy (each mod counted as 1 chance) was 25%. In mod 13 my drop rate is 12.6%. My speculation is becoming more apparent everyday. Given the need to hunt the T3 for restoration purposes, I would have liked and expected the drop rate to be on par with mod 12. Wishful thinking I suppose. Happy hunting to you all.
  • Options
    dairyzeusdairyzeus Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    I've got to say it's not as bad as I thought it would be. That being said it's still way worse than it should be.

Some mobs seem to have worse drop rates for me. Spiders and bears in particular were awful, but wisps were plentiful.

Then again, RNG is RNG and I didn't keep track of any stats. Could just be coincidence/confirmation bias.
  • Options
    johnnyreklaw#1518 johnnyreklaw Member Posts: 114 Arc User

So I kept track of 250 rare hunt marks (T1) in mod 12 and 13. Also this is a small sample size the numbers do not lie. In mod 12 my drop rate of a trophy (each mod counted as 1 chance) was 25%. In mod 13 my drop rate is 12.6%. My speculation is becoming more apparent everyday. Given the need to hunt the T3 for restoration purposes, I would have liked and expected the drop rate to be on par with mod 12. Wishful thinking I suppose. Happy hunting to you all.

Seems to back up your earlier suspicion that the Soshenstar hunts having 2 enemies give double the chances. This also seems about an accurate number for what I farmed. Its certainly doable, but just grindy.
  • Options
    mightyspire#6343 mightyspire Member Posts: 41 Arc User

I've heard people on pc complaining that the drop rates were awful but since im on xbox I had to wait until today to see it first hand. The drop rates for lures/spawns is a HAMSTER joke. Have the devs addressed this? I honestly hope they don't think this is perfectly fair cause its day one of the new mod and im already over it until I unlock cradle.

I farmed Sun Bears for around 2 hours and only got one Paw. Maxed out on weekly haul of Lost Idols and never even saw another hunt, only the razor rex.

I'm over it to be honest, it was great when Omu first landed on Xbox but now after their new update, it has gone to a stage where I don't even want to go to Omu anymore.

• Options
    v1p3r#2825 v1p3r Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    i farmed bears for 3 hours i got 1 paw. it is a complete embarrasment , i would rather go watch paint dry then do omu again.
  • Options
    froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    I attempted to farm for approximately six hours over two days in addition to playing both main toons in the campaign. Since the mod dropped I've collected 4 rex spines. Woo Hoo!!

Hunts aren't worth the time involved. My luck I'll finally make a T1 lure and get no dropped as usual.
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
  • Options
    andyufcfanandyufcfan Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    I haven't found all the items to do any of the hunts from the first set of hunts (even tier one) My VIP runs out in 4 days and I'm thinking of taking a few months break from this game and hope it's better in 6 months or more with more generous drop rates. Wishful thinking I know. I haven't even managed to get any of the armor set/rings achievements since those released back in September. First played on 03 Apr 15 , Played for 2739 hrs 51 mins and barely completed any of the last 3 expansions. I hope it goes back to being awesome.