test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

04-26: Game Client sometimes crash - using in game BUG reports.

strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
This is what I think I noticed occurring around April 26th or week previously. At least once or twice it occurred right after trying to submit in game bug report - so I'll stop doing that now and stick to forums.

Comments

• Options
    miasmatmiasmat Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 318 Cryptic Developer
    If you send me the ET# that appears at the bottom of the CrypticError window where you type the description of the crash, I'll take a look at why this is happening for you.
  • Options
    Thank You for replying @miasmat

I just had it happen again about 15-25 minutes ago but only seems to occur so far at least often once a day since about 04-26 or so. But none of the times does it submit Cryptic Error Reporting either. This time it crashed while on stronghold map doing Spider's HE at Guild.

The time before I thought I perhaps I had been in doing a bug report as well... but I now that I recall I think it was just me in Protector's Enclave not even fighting just viewing Auction House.

Each and every time it just an abrupt end, and not even seeing cryptic error generated, or any logs collected or submitted either.

If I try to manually run it I only get:

"ERROR: Failed to load dbghelp: 126
    Line: f:\cjunctions\src\utilities\crypticerror\harvest.c(543)"

I mailed you some additional details.
  • Options
    magneticmoosemagneticmoose Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    I too am having this issue. The one thing that I noticed is that each time it crashes I have to re-install the most recent Nvidia driver. Regardless of it being on my system, as soon as it crashes I end up having to re-install. Hope this help finding the issue and solving it.
  • Options
    Just crashed again but once again no Crytpic Error report is even attempted to run or submit bug or error log reporting.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    I saw on Friday Star Trek Online posted this:

PC Patch Notes for 5/11/18
    General
    •Resolved an issue which was causing a graphics related crash with some Nvidia graphics cards.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10899113-pc-patch-notes-for-5/11/18

While I haven't been in STO much the last little while - wonder if this is related to what I'm seeing in Neverwinter?

I was also able to freeze the client on crash and then manually run a full debug which I sent to CRYPTIC so hopefully that helps confirm or fix identify the issue.
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    strathkin said:

I saw on Friday Star Trek Online posted this:

PC Patch Notes for 5/11/18
    General
    •Resolved an issue which was causing a graphics related crash with some Nvidia graphics cards.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10899113-pc-patch-notes-for-5/11/18

While I haven't been in STO much the last little while - wonder if this is related to what I'm seeing in Neverwinter?

I was also able to freeze the client on crash and then manually run a full debug which I sent to CRYPTIC so hopefully that helps confirm or fix identify the issue.

I believe this was for a situation happening specifically with STO but @terramak may have more insight :)
  • Options
    terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    Not much more insight to give, sorry! Thanks for sending the debug @strathkin , hopefully we can figure that one out.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    I know you guys are always trying hard to FIX things so they run smooth.
    miasmat said:

If you send me the ET# that appears at the bottom of the CrypticError window where you type the description of the crash, I'll take a look at why this is happening for you.

@miasmat has been extremely HELPFUL & PATIENT, as I described what occurred when/where, even after a few unexpected things... caused some confusion!

10 ♫♪♫♪♪♪♫ magical notes / stars for everyone's help, advise, or suggestions. Big Thank You, even if there a few possible remaining issues being investigated. It appreciated!