test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Curser/Targeting Circle Bug and Mysterious Autorun Bug

trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
edited May 2018 in Bug Reports (PC)
Ever since the most recent patch, I've been having issues with the curser/arrow and targeting circle. My ingame curser now appears over the targeting circle in game. It jitters when I turn or walk around but other than that, it stays stuck to the targeting circle. Before this patch, the curser wasn't on the screen at all unless I hit the alt key or opened a window in game.

This issue for the first 2 days following the patch was even worse, the ingame arrow was replaced with the standard white arrow. This arrow couldn't actually move even when a window was up. Instead, it was like there was a second invisible arrow that I could move and I had to guess where it was in order to switch powers or do anything else with it.

Eventually, the white arrow was replaced with the ingame arrow and that helped some but there are still some issues present. This jittering arrow is still stuck to the targeting circle and aside from that being a little distracting, it might have something to do with another bug that also showed up after the patch. Sometimes when I am using my movement keys, I start autorunning all over the place non stop for a minute or more on end. I am unable to break out of the auto run when this happens but I am able to control the direction my toon runs in. I have tried to recreate the bug several times but I still can't figure out the cause. The bug happened to me repeatedly yesterday evening. Please look into this, if this starts happening to me in dungeon runs, this could cause me to run off of tong and cradle platforms or worse.

Additional Info:

I disabled my T auto run keybind a long time ago. I did check after the patch to see if it had gotten switched back on or bound to a movement key somehow; it was still disabled when I checked it.

I also noticed after the patch that some of my display settings and interface scale had been changed and I had to redo them. The settings themselves where still exactly how I usually have them set but the way that looked had changed and everything was out of focus, I had to play with it for a bit to get everything back in focus. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the curser and auto run issues or not.
--
PVP Rogue,
--[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
----------------------------------------------------------------
Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
Platform: PC
Post edited by trgluestickz on

Comments

• Options
    archangelzorak01archangelzorak01 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 324 Arc User
    I was having similar issues. I managed to fix the cursor bug by turning off my overwolf overlay. I haven't had the random auto-run happen since then though I would be loathe to presume that the overwolf overlay had anything to do with that. I can't rule it out either. If you're using any type of overlay try disabling it to see if it helps at all, good luck.
    Neverwinter Module 6: The only MMO expansion in the history of MMO's to remove more content than it added.

• Options
    oggycz#5356 oggycz Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    I have problem with random "autorun" too. Very annoying in CODG, or last boss in TONG. But I can stop running by pressing same key (W or S or A or D) again.
    Svatá Prdelka
    game - Human/real life - ???
    OP 18k+ Devotion/Justice - Light
  • Options

I have problem with random "autorun" too. Very annoying in CODG, or last boss in TONG. But I can stop running by pressing same key (W or S or A or D) again.

I have tried tapping and also double tapping the same movement key I last pressed before the bug started, it does not seem to consistently fix the issue for me. The bug did stop one time when I did that but on other attempts where I did the same thing, I was unable to make myself stop running. I am still getting this bug every now and then, it happened to me in the Cradle elevator yesterday. I was lucky I was in a corner, otherwise I would have died from the bug.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • Options

I was having similar issues. I managed to fix the cursor bug by turning off my overwolf overlay. I haven't had the random auto-run happen since then though I would be loathe to presume that the overwolf overlay had anything to do with that. I can't rule it out either. If you're using any type of overlay try disabling it to see if it helps at all, good luck.

I will try that and see if your sugestion fixes it, ty for the tip. I'm too tired to fool with it tonight but will come back here to post results later on.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • Options

*Update*

I tried turning off overwolf and the curser bug finally went away. I do not yet know if the auto run bug was also fixed when I did this, I haven't been online for long today so only time will tell.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    I know in the past we've had issues with chat overlays (see https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1234500/launcher-crashes-with-discord-running) so this could be a similar situation. I'll bring it up to the team so they are aware.