test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Audio issues started today.

svendahlsvendahl Member Posts: 49 Arc User
During play in Well of Dragons, Demonic Overload Heroic event, A lot going on - Lost all game audio. Had to restart game to get audio back.
During Strong Hold Event, Marauders Event, again a lot going on, lots of participants - Lost all game audio. Several of us had to restart game to get audio back.
During Rise of Tiamat in queue, near the end of the event - Lost all game audio. Several of us had to restart game to get audio back.
I have not seen this before today - game crashes appear to have reduced for me, personally, but this loss of audio is new and clearly is affecting more than just me.

Comments

• Options
    pelgraxpelgrax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 480 Arc User
    Likewise , for me all audio starts cutting out . Mostly when doing the tyrant BHE in OMU
  • Options
    muratttimurattti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 417 Arc User
    the sound does not come again: S
  • Options
    misquamacus2misquamacus2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 193 Arc User
    Happens a lot in cradle as well. But not all kinds of sound go at the same time. Music still plays for a while when the other sounds disappear.

• Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Adding to report for the audio team to check out.
  • Options
    gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Yup, happened to me on basically every cradle run today. Yesterday it was fine.
  • Options
    tradolftradolf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 37 Arc User
    I had same issue in Tyrant bhe today on the 2 ocassions that I did it, this is the first time that it has occured and can only get audio back by exiting the game, somewhat annoying to say the least having not had the problem at all and played OMU since release day. Hope a quick fix is scheduled asap.
  • Options
    volkihar#6493 volkihar Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    I'm having the audio issue in Tiamat and Demogorgon trials too.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    yup...happened to me too in CoDG, and persisted after leaving...came back after logging..
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    svendahlsvendahl Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Continued further issues with the loss of audio
  • Options
    sigillmacfinnsigillmacfinn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 111 Arc User
    Happened in WoD during Dragon run today [a few minutes ago] - lots of chat in zone chat from others suffering too - Guildie reported it happened in Tiamat also - not restarted yet to see if fixed - will advise
    ..... rolling 1's for over 25 years .....

The Harbingers' Forums - What Class Are You - Search The Neverwinter Wiki

• Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    I have had the sound go out also in CoDG, usually during the elevator phase.
    Have to exit the game completely and log back in to restore sound.
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    We've had it happen internally as well. It seems to be a more complex issue than just an audio related matter so we are continuing to investigate.
  • Options
    gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User

We've had it happen internally as well. It seems to be a more complex issue than just an audio related matter so we are continuing to investigate.

For me it happens when there's a multitude of sounds - in Cradle for instance, when there's 10 people popping their encounters etc.
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    Yea I first noticed it often doing Dragonflight at Guild especially while at the BLUE dragon. But I have heard many report it occurring in Well of Dragon's as well as the first person reported above. Though I have seen it on a few other Rare occasions and the only way to get it back is often to close and relaunch the client - although strangely enough voice chat still works fine??
  • Options
    vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    Something which seems to fix it for me, and for others who have experienced it that I've met in-game, is before you press play on the Launch screen, go to options and change the game to use the 32-bit client. I haven't had these audio issues since.

(These audio issues started occuring after the patch which changed from the 64 to 32 bit client I think.)
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • Options
    ottentottenottentotten Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Almost everyone has it in Cradle, the gradually disappearing sound layers. In the end, it works like a pacifier for that baby face, so not entirely bad. :hushed:
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    @nitocris83 I have been working in the Foundry and it cut out while I was browsing the Sound Effects library. I don't know if this will help but let me know if there is any information I can pass along. If it happens again, I will take notes. It seems to only happen in the Well of Dragons during the dragon runs. As you may know this player made event "over burdens" the server and causes a lot of latency issues.

wb-cenders.gif
  • Options

@nitocris83 I have been working in the Foundry and it cut out while I was browsing the Sound Effects library. I don't know if this will help but let me know if there is any information I can pass along. If it happens again, I will take notes. It seems to only happen in the Well of Dragons during the dragon runs. As you may know this player made event "over burdens" the server and causes a lot of latency issues.

Thanks for the info! I will be creating a sound-issue specific thread so we can gather certain info to help us track this down better since we have been unsuccessful so far.