Install Arc
Options

new dc questions

2»

Answers

• Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    grrouper said:

I think mebengalsfan has made it sound a tad confusing and not sure what his real point is. When you have your courser over the power it will show modified items and then have buff power. If you don't have companion summoned or augment and don't see any buff icons up and are standing still there is pretty good chance that buffed power is shared also. So the people he thinks don't have 50k buffed power good chance they do have it. For me if i am standing still with companion or with no companion slotted i might loss 3 K power if even that. But also there are some companions that have power as an active ability like ghost and that power can also be shared . Best if you look at the link Putzboy linked it has a way better explanation than i could ever do.
    A rough estimate of max unbuffed base power is around 45-48K, this is without any OP buffs added to it. This is with the newer gear, R14 enchantments, etc...

The issue in game is that when a player has multiple legendary companions and radiant enchantments in the offensive gear on the companion this power shows up on the character sheet. The character sheet includes much more than your base power. Many players are not aware that they share base power and this results in DC thinking they have enough power to be a good AC/DC but reality is, they don't have good power for being a AC DC build and should be a DO.

Example, a AC DC character that has 5 legendary companions and has around 35K power in the character sheet and has all radiant enchantments on their companion. This player should probably be a DO as the primary source of their power is from their companions.

Unequip your companion, go to a location where you are receiving zero buffs and see where your power is and if you are above 30K you are good to go as a AC DC; otherwise go DO. That is the simple way of looking at if you are deciding to be a AC DC or a DO.

• Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    edited March 2018

A rough estimate of max unbuffed base power is around 45-48K, this is without any OP buffs added to it. This is with the newer gear, R14 enchantments, etc...

My nearing-but-not-quite-BiS AC DC has a smidge over 51K base power in a party using new weps and gravestriker rings (but no R14's yet). That is not counting primal arms procs.

I don't have the new Bronzewood chest (would be a few hundred more power, + 1500 on add-less bossfights). I run Lathander set, so I have arti without power on it (could be +1000 more). All offense slots R13 --> R14 (could be 150*9=1350). And all defense slots could go from R12 --> R14 for a measly couple hundred via AC. My guess for the high end is somewhere like 54k-55k base power.

One other thought for musing: Power buff is kind of an equalizer, meaning it helps more for people who have less of it to begin with. That means if you're helping a struggling group, AC actually is pretty solid. The high power also helps make your incidental heals strong enough to do the trick.

So I agree the question on DO vs AC is hard. You have to kind of decide which one you want to build for and compromise on the other. The more middle-of-the-road you go the less ideal you'll be for either unless you keep both types of gear.

Final thought since my DC is built for AC, I actually find that I solo faster as an AC. Even BoB only gives a huge power boost that can help clear daily trash in a hit or two of DL or Chains. But that's only true because my base power is so high, and I wouldn't recommend a solo AC build for mid-geared DCs. So it's very situational.
    Post edited by dupeks on
  • Options
    vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited March 2018

putzboy78 said:

playing around with the ac at the dummies just now. I've got my power at 37. I can get it up to just under 40k but I don't have quite enough recovery to keep a constant daily up. at 37 I can keep up the balls permanently but only with the use of empowered sunburst. I know the regular sunburst irritates people. just how bad is it against the newer end game bad guys? is there a better alternative because I have to start off with a regular sunburst in order to clear it so I don't accidentally do a empowered sunburst instead of exultation or ff.

is there a better hot to use to quickly get your meter up? I don't know if i have enough focus to be a decent acdc. it's hard enough keeping track of where I am as a do but alternating too! lol. i'm old.

you can't base the power off what you get on a dummy, you have to look at base power only not with bonding proc's, etc. Check this thread to see what counts as base power

https://arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1227832/reference-power-sharing

edit: sorry @grrouper - i was typing the response at the same time as you apparently, so i duped your response

I hear so many AC DC state that they are the bomb as a DC with 50+K power standing still. Yet many don't realize it is the base power they share and what is included in base power stat vs. buff power stats and one type of buff the player receives that is not included in power sharing is Legendary companion shared stats. I was talking with one DC that even put radiant R14 on their companion so they could share more power.

If the devs changed it so that the DC can share power they receive from Legendary companion than I can see going for more power on the companion; otherwise go get recovery, crit and armor pen needed for end game content.

That extra power from companions come in useful when you are running shepherd's devo, assassin's covenant, artificer's persuasion and have the dragonheart build.

Favourite runs are where different players stack shepherd's devo, and have a GF with ITF in the mix, it's like you're flying. In some Folly runs, there are CWs using steal time on mastery. That combination is great ;)
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    dupeks said:

My nearing-but-not-quite-BiS AC DC has a smidge over 51K base power in a party using new weps and gravestriker rings (but no R14's yet). That is not counting primal arms procs.

I don't have the new Bronzewood chest (would be a few hundred more power, + 1500 on add-less bossfights). I run Lathander set, so I have arti without power on it (could be +1000 more). All offense slots R13 --> R14 (could be 150*9=1350). And all defense slots could go from R12 --> R14 for a measly couple hundred via AC. My guess for the high end is somewhere like 54k-55k base power.

One other thought for musing: Power buff is kind of an equalizer, meaning it helps more for people who have less of it to begin with. That means if you're helping a struggling group, AC actually is pretty solid. The high power also helps make your incidental heals strong enough to do the trick.

So I agree the question on DO vs AC is hard. You have to kind of decide which one you want to build for and compromise on the other. The more middle-of-the-road you go the less ideal you'll be for either unless you keep both types of gear.

Final thought since my DC is built for AC, I actually find that I solo faster as an AC. Even BoB only gives a huge power boost that can help clear daily trash in a hit or two of DL or Chains. But that's only true because my base power is so high, and I wouldn't recommend a solo AC build for mid-geared DCs. So it's very situational.
    DO vs AC...

When I solo DC and the group does not require much damage immunity or control immunity I run DO for the extra debuff it offers from PoD. I find when I run DO with most groups as a solo DC the runs are faster.

When the run does require a bit of protection, immunity or healing I run AC DC. Examples include T9 last boss and FBI the hill climb.

For the longest time I played AC DC and only recently I have started to play more as a DO and simply love playing DO or more, though I do play AC DC as needed.

For soloing content, I prefer DO. The extra damage from TI really shines when alone; and it really helps me kill things fast. A few guildies that are new to being DC are playing as DO and loving the damage they can do as a DO.