test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Players in distress from low percent drop rates on trophies in Omu.

13»

Comments

• Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    RNG Must Die!
  • Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    Got 2 drops in 15 minutes yesterday. Then nothing in 3 hours today.
    'Pity drops' would be nice.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • Options
    clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    I am going to be a bit of contrarian here and say that these hunts are not that bad. Getting to the tyrant hunt is obviously a big task, but getting drops from the level 1 and 2 hunts is not that impossible. The drops from the level 1 and 2 also have a fair number of decent items that one can get faster than the grind for seals. I also have to add that the hunts are a good idea in the sense that they are solo content (mostly) which is a welcome addition to the game where the only current means to get BIS items is to be 17K+ in LFG or being lucky enough to have others carry you in severely unbalanced dungeon designs.
  • Options
    archangelzorak01archangelzorak01 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 324 Arc User

Weekly Hunt Party Recap:

So my hunt group consists of 5 people, we each pick a lure type and hunt 10 or them plus we all get a few bear lures. We all came to the table this week with slightly more than usual. 12-18 of each Tier 1 hunt lure, so figure somewhere between 65-85 tier 1 hunts. We'll say 75 for simplicity's sake.

We went through and killed all of our tier 1 hunts and for all that work.. the hours of farming through the week multiplied by 5 people plus the 1.5 hours we spent grouped up killing our hunts. From all that work we received 0 mushushu talons, 4 redfang spears, 2 blood caked cutlasses, 0 hoary paws, 1 chitter's spinneret and 3 coldstones. (That's roughly 10%. Combined with the roughly 5% chance to get the drop from a rare mob which has about a 5% chance to spawn.) We combined our haul with last week's leftovers and were able to make 2 Erjellel lures and 4 Rasalas lures, from those we received nothing.

From last week we had procured 1 ensorcelled manacle with nothing to show for this week. Thats 2 weeks worth of work between 5 people. Probably somewhere in the vicinity of 200 total farming hours with nothing to show for it except 1/3 of what we need for a Tyrant hunt.

After we finished today we all felt pretty bad about the whole thing. We had one person throw his arms in the air and say, "That's it guys, I'm done. Find someone to take my place in the hunt group because this is not worth my time." Another group member exclaimed, "This system makes me want to play the game less, not more." We all agreed.

We've been doing this on a weekly basis since the mod was released, we have done at least as many if not more hunts each week as we did this week. In those weeks we have managed to hunt the Tyrant 3 times. None of us have received a bile-drenched scale.

This hunt system is by far the worst implementation of any game system ever introduced in Neverwinter as far as rewarding time spent or delivering any sense of accomplishment or progression. Its bad, really bad. Never do anything like this again.

****** Update ******

Got the group together again this week. We did about 65 tier 1 hunts, got a few drops. Better luck than last week in terms of drops. Got enough stuff from the past 2 weeks to summon 5x Gigantopithecus, 4 Erjellel and 2 Rasalas. From those tier 2 hunts we received exactly zero items needed to summon the Tyrant.

We're now up to 3 weeks with nothing of real significant value to show for our effort. Consider each member puts in 10+ hours per week farming (probably more) times 5 people is now a minimum of 300 hours worth of farming for NOTHING.

*expletive deleted*
    Neverwinter Module 6: The only MMO expansion in the history of MMO's to remove more content than it added.

• Options
    kingmoloch99kingmoloch99 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    litaaers said:

1 Two hours of farming is not enough to draw a good set of data.
    2 There are several people (on this forum) who would say you had an OUTSTANDING two hours.

Incorrect. If the player has encountered an outdated 'farming requirement' gate that artificially blocks progression behind the corrupted RNG that all of cryptic's gambling simulators employ, he not only should voice his disgust, but really, should post about it on PWI's internal company website six or seven thousand times an hour until they correct their perversion.

• Options
    intothegrooveintothegroove Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    i've had reasonable drops (around 1 trophy for 5 kills) from everything except the red recluse. must have killed that sob 30 times and never got a thing.
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    RNG is now way worst for 2 months with lockboxes, it is unbelievable been seeing low grade "booby prize" repeated for 3-4 days so often and not random, seem that RNG now rigged or corrupted.