test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hunt Lure Drop Issue

aerthynaerthyn Member Posts: 68 Arc User
Hi,

Is anyone having real issues with the hunt drops in Omu?

Since the patch today I have not had a single rare creature drop anything. I have killed over 50 rotten bears (plus others) and nothing. Prior to this I'd have had at least one or two (and I know sometimes RNG is bad but never this bad). I've discussed this on zone chat and with my guild and they are reporting the same thing.

I think needs to be looked urgently as it looks like the % chance has been reduced to almost nothing.

Comments

• Options
    litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    I have gotten several from Rare creatures in Omu and one in Shosenstar(?)
  • Options
    malignantmind#3340 malignantmind Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    Yeah I spent all day yesterday farming bears. Seriously like six hours straight, hopping between instances when things got too crowded, and I got ONE paw to drop. I lost track of how many rotting bears I killed. It's insane. Devs, you must know by now that none of us consider this to be fun. It's already a chore to get the mobs to spawn in the first place. Hunts need a serious overhaul.
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    I honestly don't know if they like people are spending hours each day just farming trophies; rather than focused on missions or campaign progress? Still I would suggest a more balanced middle ground where you focus on just advancing your weekly haul first doing your weeklies &/or daily quests along with not forgetting about patrols. Realize some of the patrol's will spawn marks as well. Even if you have completed the campaign at this earlier stage, you can still do daily missions or BHE's for Riches &/or Treasures, and I'd really make that my secondary focus if your done. Or perhaps use some of your free time to help a friend with their hunts, as they still give treasures or idols, or even better help someone in your guild do a hunt to earn some slightly better gear.

Some people do take farming trophies a little too far... especially if your one who regularly finds themselves on Trade regularly looking for GMOP's, SMOP's &/or SES, UES or something else. I admit everyone may need to use it on the rare occasion, but I've used almost all the ones I've earned to mostly gear up ALTS. Many still have several more pieces they'd like to earn.

While I don't think they've reduced the chances of Trophies dropping from a mark, as trophy dropping are often already quite low for many marks. I also don't think they've reduced the chances of some mark even spawning, despite having heard a few people complain their seeing less of them. You just have to know or find where the best place is that each mark can show up and what minion's to defeat for a chance of them showing up.
  • Options
    kayclo2kayclo2 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    @nitocris83 If there are all this problems with hunts and trophies drop can we introduce a time event like " capture imp" in hotehow where the player with most hunt mobs kills receive one random trophie (not razorfang). maybe is not an incredible reward but help who farm for trophies and not are lucky.
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User

Yeah I spent all day yesterday farming bears. Seriously like six hours straight, hopping between instances when things got too crowded, and I got ONE paw to drop. I lost track of how many rotting bears I killed. It's insane. Devs, you must know by now that none of us consider this to be fun. It's already a chore to get the mobs to spawn in the first place. Hunts need a serious overhaul.

My first day of farming was like that! Now yesterday I spent 3.5 hours farming and got 3 drops from the bears! Still almost 7 hours for 4 drops is rough.
  • Options
    earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    chances of anything decent anywhere in this game is excruciating mostly.. I think we have all seen it get much worse over time

It would seem we are all locked into a loop of diminishing chances ( the devs and players)
    It should be in my way of thinking the equivalent chances of getting a decent hand in a poker game when you open a box or dungeon chest or kill a hunt mark.... lockboxes are one thing you sort of expect tough chances,a legendary mount a rare royal flush with epic rewards like 4 of a kind.. but then there's the box inside the box and chances at salvage only 2 slot epic and legendary rings, nwo players get to enjoy but chests and drops are very off putting imo.

a fair balance that keeps players in the game versus enough incoming funding for more game expansion.. etc
    :D

expect disappointment and you will never be disappointed.
    (even this has it's limits as an excuse to grin and bear it at times)
    Guild Leader Den of the Misfits