test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Character order arrangement on load screen

goldenknight#8295 goldenknight Member Posts: 10 Arc User
edited March 2018 in Player Feedback (Xbox One)
When you first login to NW and pick your character, it has them in the order you created them, it doesn’t have an option to rearrange the order of them.

It’s had been a growing annoyance recently due to me starting a DC and it is my 10 character while my main is my 3rd. Has anyone made this request to the devs to have an option in the character screen to change the arrangement of your characters you you can have them closer together instead of scrolling tirelessly between them.

Is it just me or has anyone else had this issue. I think it would be a very simple fix/patch. Who would I message about that?

Comments

• Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    It has been requested on this forum many times already. Without knowing how the game is coded, it is not possible to know if it is a simple fix or complicated.
  • Options
    Have they just ignored this request. I can’t seem to find anything in media or reddit that they even acknowledged the request? Or even if they plan on doing anything on it?
  • Options
    nightmayne#6667 nightmayne Member Posts: 16 Arc User

Have they just ignored this request. I can’t seem to find anything in media or reddit that they even acknowledged the request? Or even if they plan on doing anything on it?

Considering there's a similar thread back in 2013 in the PC forums for the same thing (https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/527458/character-select-screen), I'm guessing it was never a high priority issue for the dev team..... as much as some people (myself included) would probably like to rearrange the load order of their chars
  • Options
    Thank you for the reply. I just find it hard to believe that something that simple require so much work. I’m no game developer but I do write code and something like that shouldn’t take a lot of effort.Unless the developers wrote this to where they never thought they would have to change it and requires too much effort to do something so simple. Hope hopefully they do that sooner rather than later
  • Options
    > @miasmat said:
    > We have some changes to the character select screen coming with M14 that should make you happier.
    > The challenge wasn't changing the order, but the interface for changing it. Think about your Netflix queue or Steam wishlist. Those UIs are always clunky.
    > I won't say more about the character select changes because I don't want to spoil anything that @nitocris83 will announce later.

Wow! Thank you so much do the response. Wasn’t expecting such a quick response from the development team...as I am new to the forums here. I look forward to this “change” and if it happens how I think.it would definitely be a nice quality of life change for us players
  • Options
    nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    miasmat said:

We have some changes to the character select screen coming with M14 that should make you happier.

The challenge wasn't changing the order, but the interface for changing it. Think about your Netflix queue or Steam wishlist. Those UIs are always clunky.

I won't say more about the character select changes because I don't want to spoil anything that @nitocris83 will announce later.

• Options
    ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
    This will help my OCD immensely at the login screen. I may eventually stop fine combing my carpet to calm myself down from the disorder that is my character select UI.

Thank you.
    On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

• Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    miasmat said:

We have some changes to the character select screen coming with M14 that should make you happier.

The challenge wasn't changing the order, but the interface for changing it. Think about your Netflix queue or Steam wishlist. Those UIs are always clunky.

I won't say more about the character select changes because I don't want to spoil anything that @nitocris83 will announce later.

I should just give you a list of "pre-approved" spoilers so we can avoid this type of stuff.
  • Options
    emac800#2654 emac800 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    I have no idea of the complexity involved, but a "simple" drag and drop (like how you rearrange items in your bags) would be wonderful.