test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Overflow XP rewards now have a lower chance to drop Rough Astral Diamonds

sinneblomsinneblom Member Posts: 64 Arc User
Overflow XP rewards now have a lower chance to drop Rough Astral Diamonds, due to the increased rate of Overflow XP rewards popping. That was the text in the patch notes.

The last couple of days i had a few xp overflows on different chars. The week before the change i got about 2 times 30K AD on a few of my chars and now..I don't know guys, but it seems that what you did is like you got everything change in you got nothing. Tell me the possibility that you now get 30K rough AD is like 1 % ?
And the xp books is like 90% ? because that is what i got (among others) a lot of times.

I play this game now for 4 years and have seen a lot of changes. Pity that you eliminate a lot of good things what for me made this game so special.
Let bygones be bygones but still......

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    sinneblom said:

Overflow XP rewards now have a lower chance to drop Rough Astral Diamonds, due to the increased rate of Overflow XP rewards popping. That was the text in the patch notes.

The last couple of days i had a few xp overflows on different chars. The week before the change i got about 2 times 30K AD on a few of my chars and now..I don't know guys, but it seems that what you did is like you got everything change in you got nothing. Tell me the possibility that you now get 30K rough AD is like 1 % ?
    And the xp books is like 90% ? because that is what i got (among others) a lot of times.

I play this game now for 4 years and have seen a lot of changes. Pity that you eliminate a lot of good things what for me made this game so special.
    Let bygones be bygones but still......

I have not checked that after the change. I don't open the reward when I receive it. The XP reward now pops 10 to 15 times more than before mod 13 for the same effort. If the ratio was 1 rAD reward in 10 tries before, you need to try 100 to 150 times to get one now assuming they are 'precise' about the amount of AD yield.

Getting rAD from XP reward is my bread and butter. Hence, I do pay close attention to it.

XP book is not a bad thing anymore because it gives you meaningful XP toward XP reward.
    I would not say I am happy to see the XP book but I would not be as unhappy as before mod 13. It was "hamster, hamster, hamster". It is now 'hamster'.
    I have 30 XP rewards per day in average from my account across all characters since mod 13.
    I used to get 2 to 3 per day in average before mod 13.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    I've not had a 30K ADs and I'm closing in on 100 rewards. The increased drop rate was the only reason I was able to advance my mastercrafting which is INSANELY expensive. I used to get 30K 2-3 times per week before this mod, I've not had one since the patch, feels like an overnerf.
    edited March 2018

I've not had a 30K ADs and I'm closing in on 100 rewards. The increased drop rate was the only reason I was able to advance my mastercrafting which is INSANELY expensive. I used to get 30K 2-3 times per week before this mod, I've not had one since the patch, feels like an overnerf.

How many did you get per week before mod 13? If they did it right, that would be number you will get. At least, that is the number I expect I will get.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • kadven#5862 kadven Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    When they first changed the overflow XP level to 100,000 I found that I was getting so many rough astral diamonds that after just a few days I had around 300,000 rough diamonds which of course due to the daily maximum I could not refine. Not surprised, therefore that they have changed the AD drop rate. Since the latest change have had only 1 AD drop from overflow XP.
  • dafrca#4810 dafrca Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    I mostly received XP books and black pearls before the change and now that is all I have gotten sense. Guess RNG hates me more then I thought. I assumed I didn't get the RAD before because it was rare and I didn't understand the change. But reading this thread I now understand both the change and just how badly the RNG hates me. :(
  • cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    it was always going to happen. they have to balance the amount of AD coming into the system. if they make XP overflow 10 times easier to get to, they have to balance it at the other end by making AD drops that come from it 10 times rarer.
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • manipulosmanipulos Member Posts: 235 Arc User

I mostly received XP books and black pearls before the change and now that is all I have gotten sense. Guess RNG hates me more then I thought. I assumed I didn't get the RAD before because it was rare and I didn't understand the change. But reading this thread I now understand both the change and just how badly the RNG hates me. :(

It's just a numbers game. My rough estimate is that before they changed it the chance was around 10%. I have no idea what the chance is now, I haven't opened any because I'm saving them for double refinement so I can get 10 black pearls instead of 5.

How many did you get per week before mod 13? If they did it right, that would be number you will get. At least, that is the number I expect I will get.
    Reading comprehension FTL "I used to get 30K 2-3 times per week before this mod" I was getting several a day after the mod, now none.

• cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    ^and how many characters do you have?
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User

I mostly received XP books and black pearls before the change and now that is all I have gotten sense.

At least now, the books get you about 1/3 of the way to the next XP reward. Before the books barely moved the needle.

^and how many characters do you have?

15, I decided a long time ago with the propensity for nerfing classes/builds out of existence and before loadouts that I'd have several strings to my bow, 9 of them are 13K+, so I do actually play almost all of them.
  • manipulosmanipulos Member Posts: 235 Arc User

I mostly received XP books and black pearls before the change and now that is all I have gotten sense.

At least now, the books get you about 1/3 of the way to the next XP reward. Before the books barely moved the needle.
    Careful, they will nerf the XP books now LOL
  • lldtlldt Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Why are people complaining about this?! Getting 2-3 per week before mod 13 meant this was never a significant source of rAD (not picking on anyone, just used someone's estimate of 2-3 per week with 15 chars). But to start getting several a day after the mod, any reasonable person not solely focused on selfishness would understand this needed to be fixed. Since it was never a significant source of rAD anyways, why care unless you're somehow invoking 50+ chars daily. To those people, f* 'em anyways.
    Post edited by lldt on
    lldt said:

Why are people complaining about this?! Getting 2-3 per week before mod 13 meant this was never a significant source of rAD. But to start getting several a day after the mod, any reasonable person not solely focused on selfishness would understand this needed to be fixed. Since it was never a significant source of rAD anyways, why care unless you're somehow invoking 50+ chars daily. To those people, f* 'em anyways.

Well they just instituted a mastercrafting system which has taken me an 8 digit sum so far and is far from finished. I wouldn't have even been able to ATTEMPT that without the RAD from this.

And since I DON'T run a lot of randoms, the 75K/week I got from this WAS a significant part of my RADs.

It needed fixing to some extent, but I really wish they'd made the drop still reasonably frequent, but less ADs as small chances seem to be somewhat broken in this game. An example, I've done quite a few 3% enchant upgrade chances, none have taken between 33 and 102 attempts.

• b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    My issue with AD for overflow xp started months ago before mod 12. I tried to refine 36K AD each day on all my toons alts and main. As I started to get overflow xp reward and it was the 30K AD I found my main to get alot of AD she cant refine. They increased the xp flow and then I got 30K almost each reward and now my main has 3 mil AD that she can not refine. I am glad they did this because now I can get other rewards and not have a stock pile of AD that I cant refine.
    Sure it seems I am rich but I would have to refine each day for a month to get it all and each day I get more and more AD so the stock pile keeps growing.
    Perhaps most people do not have this issue but ya I for one am glad they fixed it.
    edited March 2018
    lldt said:

Why are people complaining about this?! Getting 2-3 per week before mod 13 meant this was never a significant source of rAD. But to start getting several a day after the mod, any reasonable person not solely focused on selfishness would understand this needed to be fixed.

I am only going to speak for myself. I have NEVER received 2-3 a week regardless of before or after the mods. I have not even received one per week. I have received several points, a ton of books, and some pearls. So for me, and just me, I am less about "keeping my RAD" as I am wishing I received some to begin with. Thus this change seemed to me to be a diminishing of the chance I will get some going forward. Right now my only source remaining is the few hundred I get from selling items on the AH and the RQs. The idea of 35k was nice. I understand RNG and I understand what lowering of the chances means. But like I said, this is just me.

manipulos said:

It's just a numbers game. My rough estimate is that before they changed it the chance was around 10%. I have no idea what the chance is now, I haven't opened any because I'm saving them for double refinement so I can get 10 black pearls instead of 5.

I would love to have had a 10% or even 1% so far. LOL

edited March 2018

manipulos said:

I would love to have had a 10% or even 1% so far. LOL

Do not open the XP reward when you receive it. Open them during 2xEnchant. Go to an empty instance and open them all. I don't know what will happen after the nerf. However, that had been giving me good yield of rAD for over a year. My hit rate was higher than 10%. I would consider bad luck if I had only 10%.
    I don't have a per week number because I don't open them when I receive it.
    For me, it is not a 30K hit. It is a 45K hit because I only open it when I have enough AD bonus to cover it.
    I have a feeling the nerf is bad (as worse than before mod 13 after factoring in more XP rewards and less hit) but I will see how bad it is in the upcoming 2xEnchant.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    With the changes to XP progression, I'm absolutely convinced that a level cap increase is imminent. Maybe it will happen in M14, but I would say by M15 at the latest. A lot of people are racking up a lot of power points. It's made me question whether I really want to kill myself grinding for Primal armor for all of my alts, the way I spent every waking moment in Tiamat getting Draconic Templar for as many alts as I could. I was running Tiamat right up to the end of Mod 5, and then, well...we know what happened next.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    I'd say the increase in power points is a by-product of the AD reduction.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    edited March 2018
    greywynd said:

I'd say the increase in power points is a by-product of the AD reduction.

Hmmm! The AD reduction was done after the power point had increased (because of 10+ times more XP rewards). I opened all the XP rewards the night before the nerf patch. All my main characters except one reached the max that night. The one who did not reach the max missed only one power point.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    LOL I got to say, I have found all those overflow "rewards" as pure junk, like opening the invocation bags. Once in a great while I would get 30K AD and park the character for the day because I hit the AD cap. If they want to fix the overflow rewards, then make the REAL rewards worthy of level 70 characters. Instead of bound to character RP items just give us 12K RP directly. Anything less than that is just junk reward.

The biggest issue with overflow is invoking. It has always reminded me of the worst PWE game I ever played "Jade Dynasty". In that game, you can AFK (meditate) for experience. I do invoke, because the mechanic is available to me. Would I be hurt if they took out invocation? No. In my opinion, if they want players playing, and not huddled around campfires, put the XP in game where it belongs.

If they want to hand out free AD having 3 to 5 AD dropping from kills would be just as good. Killing 10,000 enemies within your level bracket would pay out roughly the same as the overflow reward. However the psychology behind it, player feel a "winners rush" when they get 30,000 AD all at once and have it happen less often. It is the same rush gamblers get from jackpot and pachinko machines.

As it stands now, when I see the gold chest appear, I don't get very excited to pry it open. I think the worst rewards are the xp tombs and random black pearls that seem to show up all too frequent. Most of the time you can't sell the item for AD (not that it would pay a lot) in the auction house. Overflow reward should be something you can use.
    wb-cenders.gif
    The RP from XP rewards are not bound.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User

Yes, I know that, but 5 black pearls is a drop in the ocean to any player with items to refine at level 70. I can sneeze out 5 black pearls just randomly whacking on bad guys in any level 70 area for 5 minutes. Your efforts to make XP to get the overflow reward is lost on something pointless. As I said above, 12K RP would at least be something. Most high end epics require that much to go up just 1 rank. Then I would be like; "Whoo hoo! I got a rank up on my weapon!". Currently I have 60 bound to account companion tombs and no idea of how that is even suppose to be rewarding. If I could sell them for gold or auction them, it would make some sense.
    wb-cenders.gif
    edited March 2018

Yes, I know that, but 5 black pearls is a drop in the ocean to any player with items to refine at level 70. I can sneeze out 5 black pearls just randomly whacking on bad guys in any level 70 area for 5 minutes. Your efforts to make XP to get the overflow reward is lost on something pointless. As I said above, 12K RP would at least be something. Most high end epics require that much to go up just 1 rank. Then I would be like; "Whoo hoo! I got a rank up on my weapon!". Currently I have 60 bound to account companion tombs and no idea of how that is even suppose to be rewarding. If I could sell them for gold or auction them, it would make some sense.
    Before mod 13, it was 1.7 million XP to get 1 XP reward. It is now 100K XP to get one. That is 10 times to 14 times as before mod 13 if you factor in the change in the amount of Quest XP introduced in mod 13.

One black pearl worth 100 RP. If you open that on 2xEnchant, you get 10 black pearl and 1K RP for that XP reward (if you don't get the tomb). Unless you had very bad luck, for the similar effort as before mod 13, you would get your 12K RP before the nerf.
    In addition to XP tomb and Black pearl, I also got Black Opal and Sapphire.

What happen after the nerf, I cannot tell at the moment.

I don't know if my effort to make XP to get the overflow reward is pointless or not. I only know before I actually start to play I already got 11 XP overflow rewards at this moment for today. No, I have not started to play for today yet.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    I tend to stash is the shared bank any RP I get to put towards whichever project I have going on.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User

Before mod 13, it was 1.7 million XP to get 1 XP reward. It is now 100K XP to get one. That is 10 times to 14 times as before mod 13 if you factor in the change in the amount of Quest XP introduced in mod 13.

One black pearl worth 100 RP. If you open that on 2xEnchant, you get 10 black pearl and 1K RP for that XP reward (if you don't get the tomb). Unless you had very bad luck, for the similar effort as before mod 13, you would get your 12K RP before the nerf.
    In addition to XP tomb and Black pearl, I also got Black Opal and Sapphire.

What happen after the nerf, I cannot tell at the moment.

I don't know if my effort to make XP to get the overflow reward is pointless or not. I only know before I actually start to play I already got 11 XP overflow rewards at this moment for today. No, I have not started to play for today yet.
    Actually it was 1.785 million xp, so use 18 times. A really good player could do 1.8 million xp a day and got the power point drop about 1 in 4 rollovers.
  • fightdawalrus#5058 fightdawalrus Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    Anyone who is complaining about this just wanted to enjoy the easy rAD gravy train forever.