test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance [3/22]

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
A reminder that Neverwinter on PC will undergo maintenance tomorrow for a content update. Patch discussion thread can be found here.

Comments

• Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    "Overflow XP rewards now have a lower chance to drop Rough Astral Diamonds, due to the increased rate of Overflow XP rewards popping."

Boo. I've been able to spend more quality time in chult/omu because of this, instead of slaving in RQ for my AD. Given how the devs typically overtweak things the other way, I'm sure the AD reward will now be once in a blue moon.
  • Options
    cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    changes to AD from overflow xp were always going to happen sooner rather than later. a lot of players, myself included have made a significant amount of AD from xp overflow since the changes came into effect.

it was nice while it lasted, but for the sake of the economy, it's for the best.

I just hope while the AD drop rate is being nerfed, I hope the chance of other decent drops isn't being equally hit. it would be nice if to counter the drop in AD, increase the chance of decent RP items being dropped.
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • Options
    dragonsbane3dragonsbane3 Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    I like the change to how logging out in CoDG is being made. Although it will be tons of crying about not being able to complete it since the 1 sec pause between the pull-push is not enough reaction time if you have high latency.

I've beating it both ways and having people log out just feels cheesy. I understand its endgame and should be more difficult just not make or break depending on a few people's latency.....
    "The Sweet Ain't As Sweet Without The Sour!"
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    How about increasing the chance for a Power Point?
    Or how about at least improving the overflow reward with something nice?
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    regenerde said:

How about increasing the chance for a Power Point?
    Or how about at least improving the overflow reward with something nice?

Power Point is increased by giving you more times to try. A few toon of mine were max'ed out when I cashed in XP reward last night. It used to need 1.7 million XP to get a reward. It is now 100K XP. 17 times more. However, they also nerf'ed a bit in XP earning. In the of the day, you would get at least 10 times XP rewards for the same amount of effort. i.e. 10 tries instead of 1.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    blajev said:

WTT EU day job + apartment for NA one after patch :P

You need to throw in some SMOP. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    siggtomten29siggtomten29 Member Posts: 47 Arc User

changes to AD from overflow xp were always going to happen sooner rather than later. a lot of players, myself included have made a significant amount of AD from xp overflow since the changes came into effect.

it was nice while it lasted, but for the sake of the economy, it's for the best.

I just hope while the AD drop rate is being nerfed, I hope the chance of other decent drops isn't being equally hit. it would be nice if to counter the drop in AD, increase the chance of decent RP items being dropped.

economy is already balanced with max 36k pr char a day.
  • Options
    cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User

economy is already balanced with max 36k pr char a day.
    that's great if everyone only had one character. and didn't run content for daily AD and salvage. I've made considerably more AD from XP overflow than I have from salvage and daily AD rewards from dungeons/skirmishes/epic trials than I did before, and I'll be surprised if I'm the only one.

that's not balanced if it takes 10 times less effort to get to the XP overflow and the chance of gaining AD for doing so is not scaled accordingly.
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
This discussion has been closed.