test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Some feedback, after some hours of Hunt at Soshentar River area.

diegoalves21diegoalves21 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
Hi all!
First of all, I’d like to say, I enjoy this game a lot, and have tons of fun playing it, BUT sometimes, some new stuff come broken and this, is what I believe happened with the hunting feature (awsome ideia btw, I really liked it!). Well, after reading some treats at foruns and realizing Im not the only one whos annoyed with the RNG inside RNG inside RNG and so on. So I've come to ask, is this really supposed to be this way? I mean, I've hunted for four hours, trying to get the smilodon tooth and got not even a smilodon to hunt, waiting of course at the same spot. Today I finally killed I smilodon and guess it? A full bag of NOTHING. I got that the monster appearing must be hard, because seems logical, but then when you finally kill it, and it doesnt drop the stuff its supposed to, its at leat, pathetic. So what in my humbe opinion, what could be done.
1- Keep the huntmarks appearing at the same rate, but with 60 sec. delay after death to respawn. (it seems its a 150 sec. delay right now).
2- I think could it be a 40~50% chance of trophy drop rate. (since you’ve been waiting and killing the beasts for hours, it’ll be good to have a reward after this).
3- Drops of trophies are individual, everyone who helped have he same chance to drop the trophies, but only who lured, have a chance to the items.
Thanks for anyone who read it, and how I said, this is only my opinion.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Thank you for the feedback! Improving the experience, and reducing frustration, of the hunts is something we are working on for future releases. I can't share specific plans at this time but we definitely want to improve upon the feature!
  • Options
    muminekm#3459 muminekm Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    I killed about 30 rare Omu mobs (those with Hunt mark, not counting Trexes) yesterday and didn't get any lure. Even with 20% chance for trophy it's about 0.1% chance for that (if we use streak probability model). For those 30 rares to appear I had to remove whole ecosystems in jungle (thousands of mobs). At some point I stopped having fun doing hunts and just wanted that one to drop.. no use. The only good outcome was flood of XP and RP items.
    If you want to leave chances where they're are it's fine (in the end we don't want to flood people with trophies) but some system where we could get X currency for each rare monster tradeable for bound to acc trophies would be good. Systems like these works the best to avoid players demotivation and frustration even after multiple unsuccessful hunts.
  • Options
    marv700#9957 marv700 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    Friends don't let friends do hunts. I'd rather bang my head against the wall.
  • Options
    quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Dude, don't do hunts. The amount of time / smops that is currently required to get your tyrant weaps is stupid insane. The devs/management must have started smoking meth or something. 2 weeks non-stop grindage for a chance at any of the classes weapons and 1 teeth of the tyrant (you'll need 5 for off-hand and another 5 for main-hand). Not to mention the loot system is bugged and can drop the weapons to other people where only they can see them and when they pick them up they go straight to their inventory w/o a loot roll, a few other alliance members have confirmed this happening to them as well. Really HAMSTER when your party member links the off-hand you've been grinding your life away for and there wasn't even a loot roll for it. You don't know who to be pissed at.

What they need to do is either:
    1 ) Increase the spawn rate for hunt marks, and/or the drop rates for trophies to 100% and maybe make them bta on pick-up. Or have some kind of currency that drops 100% from rares which can be used to buy bta trophies as previously stated. Whatever they do, the change needs to reduce the amount of grind required to make a tyrant lure.

2 ) Reduce the cost of tyrant weaps to 1 teeth of the tyrant for off-hand and 1 teeth of the tyrant for main-hand so that a total of 2 teeth of the tyrant can get you your weapon set. With that, at least I'll feel like I've gotten half-way there w/ my 2 1/2 weeks of grindage and not be so upset to have to make another lure and that someone else got the off-hand weapon I feel should have been mine.

They also need to fix that bug. It seems to happen Need/Greed and if party leader has been changed at least once from talking to other people this has happened to.

Honestly, after my experience w/ the Tyrant hunt, I've been tempted to delete all my toons once and for all and say HAMSTER this HAMSTER. This straw damn near broke this camel's back. So I'm just going to take a break for a while before I do something stupid like that.

• Options
    eion311eion311 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    I just spent hours in Omu killing packs to spawn the hunt lure npcs. In that time I was able to spawn and kill 37+ Mind Whisperers. In all of those kills not ONE npc dropped the lure.......none!!

I don't understand what is so hard to fix about hunts. Make the lure npc, drop its lure everytime, just like the TRex. Allow the lures to be sold in the AH!! That way those who want to farm to gain AD can do so and those who have AD they would like to spend can just buy the lures from players.

• Options
    ilmenirailmenira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    i got into hunting only recently, and find it's great fun! this in conjunction with campaign currency dropping from kills (after empowering a shrine) makes module 13 the most enjoyable for me of all 13 modules so far... so much that i started the campaign with small chars, when normally it takes a bit of pushing myself to drag a new alt through the campaigns.

please be careful, as you surely will be, in case you change it... making hunts available through the AH would make their prices drop so drastically that hunting motivation evaporates. the chat channel is a good alternative to AH i find now, through practice. it also makes the whole experience a bit more special than the usual routine, as @asterdahl once pointed out.

it's also true that RNG can be tough -- and i'm currently only hunting t1. maybe a specially devised system (see @muminekm#3459 above, for instance) could do the trick to make higher up RNG ladders bearable, especially when we strive for a piece of armor to wear.

• Options
    heraldfayez#8520 heraldfayez Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    Porblem with the hunt system it was designed to be party wide content and that is great to encourage party play but making drop individual and rewards have low chance at times made people avoid making party for it as it wouldn't serve much purpose adding to that the drop rate on the trophies is extremly low that i personally gave up on the system after 2 weeks of doing nothing but hunts so yeah i hope the improvements julia spoke about gets implemented in the future if the items that drop there aren't obsolete by the time
    the system in itself is good maybe we can learn more from it in future and make new and better system more enjoyable and encourages party play to tackle it
  • Options
    kayclo2kayclo2 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    I have a suggestion for devs, make the drop of every hunt trophies at 100% and decrease the drop rate of object from hunt target .

I think it's more fun to kill a large number of hunt target instead of simple mob. with a large number of hunt trophies its value drop down at point that it possible to sell at AH without problem for the economy of the game.

If this idea is not viable, it's possible to make tradable only t1 trophies and give the possibility to all player to enjoy the hunts even if he has not much time to play
  • Options
    onodrainonodrain Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    I got a better idea about hunts.

Make the hunt drop a piece of the lure. After you collect 4 pieces, you put them together to make the hunt trophy used in the lure. You can adjust the number of pieces needed. So if you want a 20% chance, then make it 5 pieces required per trophy. And for the love of God, do not make it 4 different pieces. Just make one piece type per trophy. Keep it simple.

This would get rid of the RNG.
  • Options
    litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    Collecting 5 pieces is not a 20% chance. Its a 100% guarantee that after 5 hunts, you will have one. Those are not the same thing.

With a 20% chance, it is not cumulative, so there is still a chance after 5 hunts than you could have 0 drops.
  • Options
    krailovkrailov Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    litaaers said:

Collecting 5 pieces is not a 20% chance. Its a 100% guarantee that after 5 hunts, you will have one. Those are not the same thing.

With a 20% chance, it is not cumulative, so there is still a chance after 5 hunts than you could have 0 drops.

Ahh, but this goes to the INTENT - do they intend (on average) for 20% (therefore reasonable expection of approx 5 hunts for a drop, give or take), or are they using RNG to really knee-cap us? I have always hated RNG for these purposes - for rewards like chests where you have a chance of regular to extremely rare items, RNG makes sense (you always get something, just RNG what it is). But here, it does not - it just creates an artificial gate between those who are lucky and those who are not. Then of course we complain about the grind, but combine grind with RNG and no options - BAD!!!

Might is not always right - the powerful sometimes forget that.

The Small Band
  • Options
    lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User
    The hunt system is awesome at first, but... after some time playing on chult and omu, it only showed me one thing: it's frustrating! It's hard to find the hunt marks, and even when you find one, they won't drop the trophies all the times, even 50% or 25% of time they won't drop anything! [besides the t-rex and razortirannus]

I killed hundreds, thousands... and only got one or another trophy [again, t-rex and razortirannus are exceptions since they drop trophies all the time - at least for me]. Please, improve the hunt system, make it fun as you said it would be and for the love of the Goddess, make the trophy drops more commom!!!!!
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.