Please fix the Archer build

2»

Comments

• Options
    kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    lardeson said:

lardeson said:

close thread and look at some guides please, HR is easily the best or second best dps class in the whole game right now. thanks

OP was talking about Archer and not any HR. A pure Archer can't be the best or the 2nd best. At least, not if Combat HR and Trapper HR took the best and the 2nd best. :)
    and whats the point in wanting more buff for archer when u already have another path that melts things in a blink? the game has been set that way, almost every class has a path thats close to useless. unless they do a complete rework and balancing, its unlikely. HR already does alot of damage as to ask for more buff
    Because some people dont like to play the other 2 path? Think about this, what if one day trapper is nerf to the ground or its obsolete and combat and archer is the viable path. How will those group of people that likes the trapper gameplay feel? Will the switch to archery or combat to follow fotm? will they pissed off and start complaining archery is boring because they dont like it? will they quit the game? Everybody has their preference in gameplay wise and thats why balance is important to make sure everyone enjoy the game. In current situation, trapper and combat fans are enjoying their game. For archer fans not so much. Most archer player either quit the game long ago or still enduring the pain quietly, hoping for "the day".

From my point of view, fixing archery is simple and dont need much of a tweek. All they need to do is to make archer able to gain buff within 80' ( or max range of the archer) radius from buff source. For example, if a cleric use AA on the party. As long as the DC is within 80' or the max range of the archer, the archer gets AA. Any buff source like GF ITF, Mof rene Chaotic fury..etc & whatever that is within the archer max range, the archer gets them all. That will solve most of archery problem. It didnt even need to involve nerf on any other class and archery is back into play. The thing that DC hate archer is they always stays out of buff range. ( i mean those that play archery the classic way not the point blank way. ). It doesnt even affect pvp because archer wont get buff if the buff source is out of the archer range. Just one simple fix and everybody gets to play their game.
  • Options
    nightmayne#6667 nightmayne Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    kraugh said:

So for those who have no problem with their archer build, what is your build? Can you play it solo or do you need to be in a party?

I'll have to write up the link to my archer, but I've found my archer tends to out dps most classes in a 3-man random - mainly because I out range everyone. My build is simple... "hit them hard, hit them first and if they get too close, root and run". :) Can I out tank a GF or out DPS a rogue? Nope, but if I do my job right, the mobs they're tanking will be half dead by the time anything gets near the party. This seems to tick off GWFs and rogues on 3-man randoms for some reason, but I figure that's their problem.

As for how I based my build.... I looked for what caused the most ranged damage.... after about level 25, I've never switched to combat mode in any fight unless I was bored and soloing. (I play a "Legolas" HR, not a "Drzzt" one, if you know what I mean)

It does take a little more planning when solo'ing, that's for sure. Can't just rush into every fight blindly like my OP or GF do, but considering I don't worry if it's 4-1 odds, I'm pretty happy with my build.
  • Options
    time2011time2011 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    if your damage is behind other classes that are less than or greater, your not playing it right, i use archery almost always, i don't just use ranged stance, using both is ideal for the best overall dps, fighting from long range away from the group honestly doesn't give you much of a damage buff its far better to fight point blank as nightmayne states.

if you play it well and know what to avoid in dungeons you can climb the charts faster but its not about being top pain giver, for some it is, but it isn't that big of a deal. enchants, boons, powers matter. combat and trapper can deal serious damage but archery can as well. it takes actual skill to perfect a build you enjoy and "seems" to be behind on others, it's not as simple as pressing a button and expecting everything to die. or being a certain IL say 11.5k and expecting to be better than the others. put the effort and time into it and you can do very well as an archery HR.

This is my Archery build and powers that i use for all purposes.

https://s10.postimg.org/qselexymx/archery_build.png