test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.95.20180212a.7

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
Patch Notes for tomorrow's maintenance are now available.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10834844

Comments

• Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Oh this likely make many people happy that Cordon of Arrow's is again AoE! Yes there are a few issues that remain with a few other classes / possibly still HR but we will remain patient.

On a side note: Blood Lord's Visage
    Now has a box in BUFF/DEBUFF on your character called Death Reaper - except that the icon is missing - it only shows where the icon should be. This makes it extremely hard to see the stacks, some describe it as distracting when it pop's. >:)
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • Options
    ghatheghathe Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Pilgrim weapon fix ?
  • Options
    debuggeddebugged Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Sad only one HR bug from this patch got fixed while cordon is worming constricting arrow is still only procs thorned roots on one target for me unlike it's intended aoe root its like having hindering shot twice
    The aggro after combat ends showing the pilgrim floater still happening too
    And the companions still aggro mobs from insane range
    But I guess it's a start
  • Options
    cheesey#4444 cheesey Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    What was the exact change to Storm Spell? And what was it doing before?
  • Options
    lucislatorlucislator Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    still no clarification on primal set poccing on over-heal, should we consider WAI?
  • Options
    reddevilbsreddevilbs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 84 Arc User
    @nitocris83 @terramak
    Really, no Pilgrim weapon set fix ?! This is the most annoying bug since long long long time (imo the most annoying EVER).
    Really hope for ninja fix ...
    Or it will be like "Thanks you for paying $75 for broken gadget"
  • Options
    archangelzorak01archangelzorak01 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 324 Arc User
    No mention of any fixes for the several Masterwork quest bugs?

i am disappoint
    Neverwinter Module 6: The only MMO expansion in the history of MMO's to remove more content than it added.

• Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    People try to be patient with the team - sometimes will likely take 2-3 weeks before we see fixes some possibly 4-5 or a little more.

I realize we all like to see a FIX or correction quickly; but let's TRY to remain hopeful we'll see more in the next week or two possibly three. <3

I'm sure they are working very hard to get most things working as they should.
  • Options
    brumil#1085 brumil Member Posts: 1 New User
    are they going to reduce the cost of restoring rusted armor from protector vendor cost voninblod now and lots more reageant than use to?
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Thanx for the prompt cordon fix, great work.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    Well the CW Storm Spell procs seem to be roughly back in line with 12b, which is a major improvement. Now it feels like SS is improved overall, as was intended. With proc rates restored, the 30% damage nerf is fine. One or the other was ok, but having both was oppressive. I know it's still not gonna improve the mood of the T. Lighting crowd too much, but for the rest of us, this is very good news.

Thanks for doing this, but I have to say it all could have been handled much better. Some acknowledgement of the feedback, the problem, and the proc rate drop being unintentional, or at least negotiable, would have gone a long way towards keeping people, like me, from setting their hair on fire over the last month. The silence was deafening.

Honestly, the whole affair has left me drifting with empty sails, and it may take a while to find a breeze. This is why I make it a rule not to care too much. Back to the apathy pile for me.
  • Options
    cambo1682cambo1682 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    pterias said:

Well the CW Storm Spell procs seem to be roughly back in line with 12b, which is a major improvement. Now it feels like SS is improved overall, as was intended. With proc rates restored, the 30% damage nerf is fine. One or the other was ok, but having both was oppressive. I know it's still not gonna improve the mood of the T. Lighting crowd too much, but for the rest of us, this is very good news.

Thanks for doing this, but I have to say it all could have been handled much better. Some acknowledgement of the feedback, the problem, and the proc rate drop being unintentional, or at least negotiable, would have gone a long way towards keeping people, like me, from setting their hair on fire over the last month. The silence was deafening.

Honestly, the whole affair has left me drifting with empty sails, and it may take a while to find a breeze. This is why I make it a rule not to care too much. Back to the apathy pile for me.

I wish I could share your sentiments about the nerf being fine but I don't beleive the devs are at a point where they can now "call it good".

Trans lightning change did hurt, so I agree with you, it does not improve the mood on that. Effectiveness aside it was a fun enchant. This is how I am seeing it now:

Lightning enchant changes = nerf

Weapon enchant changes in general = nerf (our skills hit often for low damage, changes on skills like IT and steal time set us back.
    Off hand bonus fix = nerf (I'm fine with stuff being fixed but then logically you should recognize that an underperforming path actually needs a compensatory buff somewhere).

Storm Spell crit = buff, but they hit it with an offsetting nerf, I could have maybe gotten behind a 20% reduction paired with some base damage increases across the board, but really it is feeling like a net 0 at best.

Steal time bug = nerf. Even if they fix it I am expecting it will only proc enchants once.

I'm working through other skills to see what can take a slot in the interim, but really, look at their track record for addressing this stuff. SS mage needed a small buff, but they have done the opposite and as a result left many drifting with empty sails (Def liked that analogy, ty).

Really, I wish they had just not messed with it if they were going to screw it up like this. The path was less desired in group content in mod 12b but at least it was reasonably fun to buy time, do solo stuff and hope they got around to improving it. Now it just feels like they've left it a mess.
  • Options
    vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    cambo1682 said:

pterias said:

I wish I could share your sentiments about the nerf being fine but I don't beleive the devs are at a point where they can now "call it good".

Trans lightning change did hurt, so I agree with you, it does not improve the mood on that. Effectiveness aside it was a fun enchant. This is how I am seeing it now:

Lightning enchant changes = nerf

Weapon enchant changes in general = nerf (our skills hit often for low damage, changes on skills like IT and steal time set us back.
    Off hand bonus fix = nerf (I'm fine with stuff being fixed but then logically you should recognize that an underperforming path actually needs a compensatory buff somewhere).

Storm Spell crit = buff, but they hit it with an offsetting nerf, I could have maybe gotten behind a 20% reduction paired with some base damage increases across the board, but really it is feeling like a net 0 at best.

Steal time bug = nerf. Even if they fix it I am expecting it will only proc enchants once.

I'm working through other skills to see what can take a slot in the interim, but really, look at their track record for addressing this stuff. SS mage needed a small buff, but they have done the opposite and as a result left many drifting with empty sails (Def liked that analogy, ty).

Really, I wish they had just not messed with it if they were going to screw it up like this. The path was less desired in group content in mod 12b but at least it was reasonably fun to buy time, do solo stuff and hope they got around to improving it. Now it just feels like they've left it a mess.
    Spellstorm paragon is sub-standard now compared to DPS of other classes. It is very, very rare that I see Spellstorm mages be the highest DPS. For example, I have run a DC in Tomb of the Nine Gods multiple times, perhaps closing in on 100 (not a lot in comparison to others, but still seems a lot to me). In that, I have never exalted a SS CW. Never, not once. Most common DPSs that I have exalted have been (in order): GWF, HR, TR and GF.

With my CW, in order to get TONG or CODG runs, I always, always have to spec a MoF. Even when I play ToNG with my DC, it is rare that the '5th' buffer spot is taken by a MoF, and they are competing against Templocks, buff GFs, Devo OP or a 2nd DC.

I built my mage up for the past 3 years as a Spellstorm Mage, and now, he can hardly do any end-game runs as a SS CW. Furthermore, and I hate to admit this, even I don't think it would be fair to take up the primary DPS spot, as the run will be longer for the group than if I let another DPS class take his place. So even I think SS CWs are not as good as primary DPS!

I am trying to go back to read what exactly happened to the SS CWs, I just can't quite get my head around all the nerfs and the reasoning (or lack thereof) behind it. One was about how Stormspell was doing to much damage in comparison to other powers. Hello!!! Our other powers do piddly damage overall!

We are SPELLSTORM mages and the best class feature was STORMSPELL. WTF did you have to reduce the frigging paragon by nerfing its eponymous class feature. And the Lightning enchantment was a nice complement to our powers, hell, we USE lightning, and the enchantment is now broken for us.

Other broken powers that were nerfed in the past and never recovered: Arcane Singularity, Shard of the Endless Avalanche. Powers that have never worked or were in the least bit desirable: Imprisonment, Storm Fury, Maelstrom of Chaos, Arcane Power Field, Frostwave, Evocation. What other choices do we have? Nothing.

/rant
    Post edited by vordayn on
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR