test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GWF Movement Stats

nate556#4790 nate556 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
edited February 2018 in The Militia Barracks
So I've been building my gwf using Rdeviant's Mod12 build. My concern is for my movement speed. My characters speed is painfully slow. It's all but impossible to stay out front when running dungeons or skirmishes. When I'm in combat it's fine, but moving from encounter to encounter I may as well be going backwards. What's the best way to increase this stat without sacrificing too much?
Seekers of Sin
Guild Officer
Always looking for active & mature players. Join our discord server to learn more.
https://discord.gg/3crMCCH

Comments

• Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

So I've been building my gwf using Rdeviant's Mod12 build.

*smirks*

My concern is for my movement speed. My characters speed is painfully slow. It's all but impossible to stay out front when running dungeons or skirmishes. When I'm in combat it's fine, but moving from encounter to encounter I may as well be going backwards. What's the best way to increase this stat without sacrificing too much?

Run Shepherd's Devotion insignia bonus, Gladiator's Guile insignia bonus, and Wrathful Determination or Destroyer offhand. All buff your movement speed to a large degree without sacrificing much on your offense.

Shepherd's even feeds your Steely Defense, so no reason not to use Shepherd's.

*Disclaimer: If you run off a Ras Nsi or SP boss 2 platform while using this combo, you were warned at how stupidly fast you can get.

• Options
    gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

So I've been building my gwf using Rdeviant's Mod12 build.

*smirks*

My concern is for my movement speed. My characters speed is painfully slow. It's all but impossible to stay out front when running dungeons or skirmishes. When I'm in combat it's fine, but moving from encounter to encounter I may as well be going backwards. What's the best way to increase this stat without sacrificing too much?

Run Shepherd's Devotion insignia bonus, Gladiator's Guile insignia bonus, and Wrathful Determination or Destroyer offhand. All buff your movement speed to a large degree without sacrificing much on your offense.

Shepherd's even feeds your Steely Defense, so no reason not to use Shepherd's.

*Disclaimer: If you run off a Ras Nsi or SP boss 2 platform while using this combo, you were warned at how stupidly fast you can get.
    Dont forget to use sprint when both DCs and the pally pop their dailies so you go into warp 9 and HAMSTER up the fight.
  • Options
    Thanks for the tips but why the smirks on the build I'm following? Sorry, I'm really new to the game.
    Seekers of Sin
    Guild Officer
    Always looking for active & mature players. Join our discord server to learn more.
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    How about dark enchants in utiities? Does that build have something against them? Gladiator's Guile is a must-have.
  • Options
    heraldfayez#8520 heraldfayez Member Posts: 227 Arc User

How about dark enchants in utiities? Does that build have something against them? Gladiator's Guile is a must-have.

the darks in utility are meh i use them and have over 6K movement over all but there is no noticable speed increase whatsoever from what i've seen u only notice speed increase when u get 20% or higher value of speed increase

• Options
    > @santralafax said:
    > How about dark enchants in utiities? Does that build have something against them? Gladiator's Guile is a must-have.

Not sure. It has anything against them.

So from what I'm gathering I need to look at my mount insignia bonuses as they can have a major impact. I assume the mount doesn't have to be active but in the stable...right? I'd hate to give up my wanderers bonus because it's such a huge help with refining points.
    Seekers of Sin
    Guild Officer
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Also, feel a little disheartened now. I was following that build and felt like I was making good progress on becoming a tanker with decent dps. If I swap passive abilities, I'll inadvertently impact my other abilities no? But maybe I'm looking at it all wrong to begin with. Assuming i can find a group to run regular with, I can focus my build on speed, defense, and hit points and stop worrying so much about crit and power? But I'm also thinking I need to be putting out more dps to draw the agro of the ads. But none of that matters cause I always end up running random events with random players and it's a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> shoot as to what I get. Sometimes they let the game flow as it should other times the HC or DC takes off like their HAMSTER is on fire and leaves me chugging along in the back to clean up left overs or just scoot along to the boss.
    Seekers of Sin
    Guild Officer
  • Options
    dairyzeusdairyzeus Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

@rjc9000 if you really want to see something fun, get a conTROLL wizard to use steal time on mastery when the souls spawn.
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    You need to worry about crit and power, but just like in life, there are other things to deal with simultaneously. What do you use for your utility enchants? Dark enchants increase movement and don't affect your ability to get crit or power. You won't notice the boost until they are rank 8 or 9, though.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Just updating this thread, I put gladiators guile on an off hand mount and started upgrading my dark chants to 8+. Very noticeable difference in normal speed. Thx for the pointers.
    Seekers of Sin
    Guild Officer
  • Options
    reefriednunt#3177 reefriednunt Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Slot battle fury
  • Options
    > @reefriednunt#3177 said:
    > Slot battle fury

It's a constant in the build I'm using.
    Seekers of Sin
    Guild Officer
  • Options
    demolitioninc#2453 demolitioninc Member Posts: 108 Arc User

Also, feel a little disheartened now. I was following that build and felt like I was making good progress on becoming a tanker with decent dps. If I swap passive abilities, I'll inadvertently impact my other abilities no? But maybe I'm looking at it all wrong to begin with. Assuming i can find a group to run regular with, I can focus my build on speed, defense, and hit points and stop worrying so much about crit and power? But I'm also thinking I need to be putting out more dps to draw the agro of the ads. But none of that matters cause I always end up running random events with random players and it's a HAMSTER shoot as to what I get. Sometimes they let the game flow as it should other times the HC or DC takes off like their HAMSTER is on fire and leaves me chugging along in the back to clean up left overs or just scoot along to the boss.

What you are describing here is more a Guardian Fighter in NWO. Its sad but true, GWF's have lost the ability to tank in NWO long ago. The only really working paragon is destroyer in swordmaster. You have some good survivability against smaller hits but always stand opposite of the tank holding aggro. If you come to endgame like FBI, mSP, ToNG, all main attacks will on shot you (except the polar bears in FBI, they will kill you w/o red area showing. Your main attributes are power and crit, unlike other classes there is only one true playstyle for GWF's.
    Of course nothing will keep you from running iron vanguard at sentinel talent tree for the fun of it, but its not efficient.
    1. PzkwVI_Kingtiger - GWF
    2. PMS-Extreme - Moffus Debuffos
    3. Tiamat's Toyboy - OP
    4. Rent-A-DC - 1 GMOP per 30 minutes
    5. Officer at Civil Anarchy, Member of Fabled Alliance
  • Options
    demolitioninc#2453 demolitioninc Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    @nate556#4790 btw - LT.Neko's guide here in the class forum, go for that, or use WickedDucks guide from mmominds.com for Mod 13.
    1. PzkwVI_Kingtiger - GWF
    2. PMS-Extreme - Moffus Debuffos
    3. Tiamat's Toyboy - OP
    4. Rent-A-DC - 1 GMOP per 30 minutes
    5. Officer at Civil Anarchy, Member of Fabled Alliance
  • Options
    > @demolitioninc#2453 said:
    > @nate556#4790 btw - LT.Neko's guide here in the class forum, go for that, or use WickedDucks guide from mmominds.com for Mod 13.

Holy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> man! Thanks a bunch for all that. I need someone like you on speed dial (along with a quick reference glossary). I'll look into those ideas for sure.
    Seekers of Sin
    Guild Officer