test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I'd like to see bunches of Enchanted keys in final Dungeon Chest(s)

2»

Comments

• Options
    klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    Why stop at 5% chance? I'd prefer it at 500% chance.
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    greywynd said:

And how is the game supposed to decide which of any given character stable is the main and which are alts? The way I see it I have a main CW, a main TR, a main GF, a main SW, a main OP, a main HR, a main GWF, a main DC, and an alt GWF.

By your standards, I have 8 main characters (one for each class). In reality, I have 1 main character which fits the profile of MAIN CHARACTER. Only 1 of your alleged 7 Mains fits the profile of MAIN CHARACTER, the others are Alts.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User

By your standards, I have 8 main characters (one for each class). In reality, I have 1 main character which fits the profile of MAIN CHARACTER. Only 1 of your alleged 7 Mains fits the profile of MAIN CHARACTER, the others are Alts.

In your opinion. Not in mine.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    mystar#5733 mystar Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    i think a chance for enchanted keys for the xp bar would be a better reward than from a chest. At first i thought 1 to 5 keys, but maybe 1 to 3 keys would be more reasonable considering how easy it can be to fill the xp bar.
  • Options
    dafrca#4810 dafrca Member Posts: 469 Arc User

In reality, I have 1 main character which fits the profile of MAIN CHARACTER. Only 1 of your alleged 7 Mains fits the profile of MAIN CHARACTER, the others are Alts.

In my opinion: This is your choice to treat one different, not a game mechanic. There is no button to click to say one character is a main, it is your feelings about the character(s) that makes them a main for you. Thus the view that only one is a main is a subjective opinion for each player to decide.

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,224 Arc User
    edited February 2018

greywynd said:

And how is the game supposed to decide which of any given character stable is the main and which are alts? The way I see it I have a main CW, a main TR, a main GF, a main SW, a main OP, a main HR, a main GWF, a main DC, and an alt GWF.

What is the definition of the profile of MAIN CHARACTER?
    The one who finished the most campaign?
    The one who has the highest item level?
    The one who has the most AD?
    The one who you spend the most AD on?
    The one who you play the most?
    The one who you love the most?
    The one who you use its name as screen name?
    The one who you spend the most time last year?
    The one who you spend the most time this year?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited February 2018

10, 20 or 40 enchanted keys Maybe 5% chance to get. Just sayin'.

Well the good news is you may get your 'wish' in part because the new lockbox has one pack that I believe offer's a few key's - need to check for posts on it though I just read the lockbox message which made the claim.

kacezet said:

and packs of 30 companion tokens.

Actually, you can already get companion tokens from dungeon chest.

Thanks, I haven't done that dungeon and didn't know that.
    I also suspect that's an extremely rare reward like many CSTORE reward's that sometimes appear in chests; they can give an uncommon, rare or extremely rarely an epic CSTORE item. Yet consider yourself blessed if you see 1 in a month...
  • Options
    The keys in the pack are Epic Dungeon Keys.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    edited February 2018

I hear the arguments but this is always going to fall on the side that you're not paying for keys. You're paying for a service and the keys are a log-in bonus. This argument is as old as can be. Don't spend cash on VIP. You won't feel burned when you don't log-in.

If you log-in, get your key, but then don't play are you going to complain that you didn't use the VIP travel sign/bank that day and want a refund on that too?

Well, I don't know how the others treat VIP. I got VIP because of its service and yes, the enchanted keys are thrown in for me because I don't open lockbox much and my key count is over 400 and keeps growing. I did say IMO. And yes, I would still get VIP if there is no enchanted keys.
    omg OPEN SOME BOXES. 400keys!?!?! use em! holy cow man. do you realize what a stack of ad you are sitting on? lol
    Of course, I know. Do you know how much inventory space I need to either free up or create to open boxes? I already can't open up too many enchanted coffer during 2xEnchant. It is a lot of work for inventory management as it is.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    edited February 2018

I hear the arguments but this is always going to fall on the side that you're not paying for keys. You're paying for a service and the keys are a log-in bonus. This argument is as old as can be. Don't spend cash on VIP. You won't feel burned when you don't log-in.

If you log-in, get your key, but then don't play are you going to complain that you didn't use the VIP travel sign/bank that day and want a refund on that too?

Well, I don't know how the others treat VIP. I got VIP because of its service and yes, the enchanted keys are thrown in for me because I don't open lockbox much and my key count is over 400 and keeps growing. I did say IMO. And yes, I would still get VIP if there is no enchanted keys.
    omg OPEN SOME BOXES. 400keys!?!?! use em! holy cow man. do you realize what a stack of ad you are sitting on? lol
    Of course, I know. Do you know how much inventory space I need to either free up or create to open boxes? I already can't open up too many enchanted coffer during 2xEnchant. It is a lot of work for inventory management as it is.
    process your current gems. move random stuff to alts. post stuff you want to sell. post stuff you don't wnat to sell with ridiculous price tags. pick the lockbox you want to open. open 20 or 30 of them. post the things you want to sell hold the things you want to keep rinse and repeat. I stack up enchant boxes in my bank for double enchants. but even selling them in unopened boxes is better than sitting on keys that you aren't opening. lol.
    I know what I can do and I have a 'system' to hoard stuff too. e.g. an alt dedicated to hold artifacts, An alt dedicated to hold lockbox (I keep every single lockbox since mod 3), an alt dedicate to hold mount, an alt dedicated to hold companion, .... transmute, fashion, enchantment, ....... A few alt have the name 99 such as Miss 99, Agent 99, ... guess what they hoard. :)

I was talking about enchanted coffer from leadership, character bound, can't be sold. I open them during 2xEnchant because I don't want them to spill over 999 and occupy another slot.

I can sell stuff and I do that once a while but it is still time consuming and I am lazy.
  • Options
    The key to that is to not let it get backed up.
  • Options

process your current gems. move random stuff to alts. post stuff you want to sell. post stuff you don't wnat to sell with ridiculous price tags. pick the lockbox you want to open. open 20 or 30 of them. post the things you want to sell hold the things you want to keep rinse and repeat. I stack up enchant boxes in my bank for double enchants. but even selling them in unopened boxes is better than sitting on keys that you aren't opening. lol.
    I know what I can do and I have a 'system' to hoard stuff too. e.g. an alt dedicated to hold artifacts, An alt dedicated to hold lockbox (I keep every single lockbox since mod 3), an alt dedicate to hold mount, an alt dedicated to hold companion, .... transmute, fashion, enchantment, ....... A few alt have the name 99 such as Miss 99, Agent 99, ... guess what they hoard. :)

I was talking about enchanted coffer from leadership, character bound, can't be sold. I open them during 2xEnchant because I don't want them to spill over 999 and occupy another slot.

I can sell stuff and I do that once a while but it is still time consuming and I am lazy.
    OMG. that makes my clicking fingers hurt.. but to be honest those leadership boxes aren't worth it at this point. you know you probably have stacks of peridots they're worth almost nothing for rp and worth almost nothing on the market. what you have in those lock boxes is definitely worth more than they are worth. just open em. then open those boxes. I am actually strongly considering selling all my leadership toons on xbox. I never had many on pc.
    No, I don't keep stacks of peridot anymore. I either use it or sell it. They do sell in decent price. 10K AD is still 10K AD. No, I don't sell them during 2xEnchant and that would be 5K AD.
    The inventory slot that used to be stack of peridot was replaced by Black Pearl and which is going to be replaced by another rank soon. I try not to create yet another character to hoard more.
  • Options
    Greywynd wrote:

greywynd said:

Grogthemagnif wrote:

Plasticbat wrote

That was a quote from Greywynd. I agree with you, Plasticbat, except on the Most AD, (especially after I have just spent most of it).
  • Options

That was a quote from Greywynd. I agree with you, Plasticbat, except on the Most AD, (especially after I have just spent most of it).

Except that he is asking which of those conditions defines your main. To which you gave no answer.
  • Options
    I was under the assumption that the main character is the first character created on an account...not sure if there's any game mechanics to it like what kinds of rolls each character gets in game play.
  • Options
    edited March 2018

I was under the assumption that the main character is the first character created on an account...not sure if there's any game mechanics to it like what kinds of rolls each character gets in game play.

HAMSTER! If that is the case, I am screwed because he is the least played character I have and I did not play him for over 2 years. I stopped playing him when he reached level 40.
  • Options

greywynd said:

Answer: Yes, except when the main does not have the most AD.
  • Options

HAMSTER! If that is the case, I am screwed because he is the least played character I have and I did not play him for over 2 years. I stopped playing him when he reached level 40.
    Generally, that is true, but you are the EXCEPTION that proves the rule. Whichever you decide is your Main, is YOUR main.
  • Options
    dafrca#4810 dafrca Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited March 2018

No, the "main" is the character someone elects to focus on. They then use their "alts" to generate AD for the "main" to use. I have known folks who have shifted from one chracter to another as their main over time. Others created several characters until they found the class they liked the best and that character became their "main".

• Options
    Yeah, I can't say what does or doesn't make a character the main character. It makes sense that the most played and most advanced character on an account would be considered the main...or even just the character with the most time played.
    I recently slowed down on advancing my most advanced character to play up the other 7 to her level so they could all be considered mains, to me. The top 3 characters in my list seem to get the best rewards from chests and lockboxes...but the first character still gets most of the better rewards.

Have any devs confirmed what makes an alt an alt and a main the main?
  • Options
    edited March 2018

Yeah, I can't say what does or doesn't make a character the main character. It makes sense that the most played and most advanced character on an account would be considered the main...or even just the character with the most time played.
    I recently slowed down on advancing my most advanced character to play up the other 7 to her level so they could all be considered mains, to me. The top 3 characters in my list seem to get the best rewards from chests and lockboxes...but the first character still gets most of the better rewards.

Have any devs confirmed what makes an alt an alt and a main the main?

There is no such concept in the game. There is no such thing as 'main character' or 'alt character' in the game. They are all characters and they have same weight within the game. The concept only exists in player's mind set. I have 6 mains. In the character slot position, they are in #2, #3, #4, #5, #7 and #8. I play all of them and depend on whom I want to do more on that particular day for that particular mood.

If I go through my own list of 'definitions'.

The one who finished the most campaign? #4
    The one who has the highest item level? #4
    The one who has the most AD? [scratch this]
    The one who you spend the most AD on? can't determine. They are all about the same.
    The one who you play the most? #4
    The one who you love the most? #2, #7
    The one who you use its name as screen name? #4
    The one who you spend the most time last year? not #4
    The one who you spend the most time this year? #7
  • Options
    I can totally accept the idea of who a player's main is..I play all 8 of mine like they're mains now...one character for each class. I recall the devs referring to alts when they released the mod with the main being able to to buy patronage sigils for alts, so that's why I asked if any devs confirmed what makes an alt an alt and a main a main. I've noticed the option to make a patronage sigil is available to any character who has the currency to make one. I've only made them with my most played character, but I think this could confirm that any character could be considered a main.
  • Options
    I've created Patronage Tokens on several characters. Easier to make one when a character finishes an area than to send someone back into that area to gather the necessary currencies.
  • Options
    So that would support the idea that any character can be a main because when they announced the ability to make patronage tokens they said the main can make them for alts.
  • Options
    edited March 2018

So that would support the idea that any character can be a main because when they announced the ability to make patronage tokens they said the main can make them for alts.

I think they use the concept of "main" loosely and not exactly part of the game.

Since any character can be main (using patronage token to classify), there is no distinction of main at all.
    If you use receiving patronage tokens to classify alt, any character can be alt too. There is no distinction of alt neither.

e.g. Character A can finish Dread Ring to make patronage token for character B.
    Character B can finish Sharandar to make patronage token for character A.

A and B are both "main" and "alt" if you use patronage token to classify.