test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Improving Solo players game ....

hotfizzelhotfizzel Member Posts: 19 Arc User
I would like to see a section where one can actually reach out to community for help in a particular "INSTANCE" much like we have for epic and random dungeons. Currently I am stuck at Reclamation Rock and Drowned shore because I am unable to complete the instance required to move on the campaign. Boss one shots me n I am dead. Tried multiple times and unable to complete! I am level 70 with 6600 plus level. Boss is much too dificult for an area that drops ur level to 64 and 66 though I am 70. There has to a way we can solicit help in an instance to difficult to complete. Looking for group is not effective! Is there any way this can be resolved as it is affecting my game time.. Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    What class are you playing ? I've had no issues at way lower ILs than that, and which particular bosses ?
  • Options
    I am a Warlock ... and it is the third Campaign at Drowned Shore and the second one at Reclamation Rock
  • Options
    My name character's name is Dark Fury by the way and I am relatively new. Been playing for about 8 month
    just so u know. Thanks!
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,290 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Type "/zone" in chat and ask for help. If you have some AD, buy chult gear and weapon from AH. They are not expensive. You can buy one piece at a time if you don't have much AD. That will help you significantly.

For warlord, search for Wootz Khanjar (13K AD main hand) and Dinosaur Hide Jarimwiri (7.5K AD off hand) and League's (4 armour piece).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    Thanks for info I will try that! .. n see what happens... will let u know. wink**
  • Options
    plasticbat ..... U said Warlord .... I am a Hellbringer Warlock is it the same for ur suggestion above?
  • Options
    sas4716#6880 sas4716 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    whille the warlock can deal alot of damage they cant take it very well...you need ether a guardian fighter to occupy the enemy or a paladin to help keep you up and running...with my guardian fighting i found that once i got battle field medic compainion i could solo much better...even then however, i had to get help from a guild member a time or two. if you dont have the 40 rings you get for seals of the protector yet for your charachter and compainion i recomend them. have you thought of joining a guild? your guild should be able to help you out
  • Options
    hotfizzel said:

plasticbat ..... U said Warlord .... I am a Hellbringer Warlock is it the same for ur suggestion above?

My typo. The gear I mentioned is for Warlock. You can check those gear in AH.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    I remember running all my alts through the EE campaign long ago, and the SW was by far the most squishy and frustrating. It left a bad impression of Warlocks with me to this day.

But yeah, Plasticbat's advice is good. Those are pretty old zones though, so there might not be a lot of activity. If needed, you could also try asking for help in Protector's Enclave, just don't spam requests to frequently. And definitely try to get those items he mentioned too.

If no help is forthcoming, getting a decent Defender companion can help. I haven't used one in a long time, but I seem to remember Frost Mimics have (had?) a hard taunt that drew a lot of attention. They're only like 1k AD on the AH. A Rimefire Golem or Dancing Shield (which also has a nice enemy defense debuff) are other options and also dirt cheap.

Others are far more qualified than me to give advice on SWs, I'm sure, but what Feat path are you using? At lower item levels, the durable Shadow Puppet from the Damnation tree helped me a lot, and Soulbinder also seems a bit more robust at that item level.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    With better gear, SW should be fine for the current EE campaign which is IMO a lot easier than before. The rotation for my SW (Fury Hellbringer) back then was: Pillar of Power (maintain your health, buff your damage), Curse bite (need to curse everyone :) can run away and then hit the power), Fiery Bolt (good AoE for EE). I am not a fan of Dreadtheft.
  • Options
    hammbo1969hammbo1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
    My limited experience with SW, working through the campaigns has been - curse big dude, drop pillar on big dude, arms > fiery bolt > arms, then just build up the dark spirals to 3 and boom, dead.

SW is a lot tougher than he seems, when you drop pillar.
  • Options
    Thank You all for your valuable input. I am happy to say I was able to complete the Reclamation Rock Campaign thanks to the suggestion received by everyone! I will tackle Drowned Shore boss where I first encountered problems on the third step of the campaign. Will let everyone know how it goes. Those changes particularly the weapon n armor did the trick but I recognize I have a lonnnggggg way to go lol ... before I can match some of the awesome Warlocks I have seen in dungeons. Have fun everyone... Of all the games I play Neverwinter is the one I love the most. Wink *** Dark Fury
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    I'm no SW expert, but slotting for lifesteal really helped mine
  • Options
    Thank You for info. will definetely try that. Dark Fury
  • Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    @hotfizzel My main is an SW... though there are some really good advice from people above.. one I might make is.. at the point you are at.. try to get a defender companion. Either the Man-At-Arms... or if possible the Earth Archon. Both have served my SW very well in many campaign area

hope that helps and happy warlocking :)
  • Options
    Thank you I will consider that ... currently I use the Apprentice level 35 and it has been a big help because he heals n keeps enemies off me at times. I also got a Battlefield Medic which I am also trying it out. I will get both of these and give it a try. I would like to know where should I put my power n feat points.. Just discover the pillar and I love it. Thanks for your input. Dark Fury.
  • Options
    Pillar of power is nice... and when mod13 drops... it will now have chances of critting.

As for power and feats... depends on what type of SW you are.. wish I could be more specific... but builds and numbers unfortunately and not my strong suits...

:)
  • Options
    I am trying for a Hellbringer...
    Since I am usually a solo player I have to be able to survive on my own. But I am really relatively new to a SW and beginning to like it quite a bit , Not sure what a mod13 is..... ? I have not been able to beat Ring of Fire quest so I have been upping my gear to purple level. I need one ring and both weapons to completetly have all my gear on purple to see it it helps. Asking for help in the game even when using ZONE has not worked for me so I got to survive on my own .. lol I have to find a way to reset all my feats and power point to use points wisely but have not firgure out how without pouring money I dont have into the game... lol .
    Will let everyone know how it goes. Dark Fury
  • Options
    Mod13 is the new content for PC that gets released on 2/27.
    Besides the obvious new story and all the new toys... there are a number of bug fixes that the devs did in October.
    Plus, a lot of enhancements and buffs to various classes, a good amount have been done to the SW.

If you go to the Preview Forum, look under the general feedback/discussion forum.

There are two threads to check out.
    https://forum.arcgames.com/neverwinter/discussion/1235687/official-m13-scourge-warlock-changes#latest

https://forum.arcgames.com/neverwinter/discussion/1235050/unofficial-october-bugfix-dev-response-compilation#latest

Those two will give you the updates on what changes are coming for the SW.

:)
  • Options
    Those are Awesome links U posted rifter1969 Thank You ... It is going to take some deciphering figuring out what they are saying .. though I love the "pillar" power in the SW and though I am relatively new in comparison I do not find this character as weak as some say it is but then, I am only familiar with the guardian and SW
    Thanks a bunch for sending those links. I am sure I can learn a lot from them .. Happy Gaming .. DarkFury
  • Options
    No worries.

Have fun out there :)
  • Options
    billnyesciencegybillnyesciencegy Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2018

I'm no SW expert, but slotting for lifesteal really helped mine

I just started playing again as a SW and lifesteal is really awesome on a warlock for solo play. I am on the fire cult part now using only the EE campaign armor and weapons and the only time I have had issues was when I ran ahead and had 15+ enemies following.
    For end game dungeons you can always have another set up for more damage.
  • Options
    Wait until U get to the big boss as it is a doussy one .. lol ... Look me up when U r on n I can partner up with you to help U move up faster even though I may have completed that section. I am sure U can take of urself ... lol .. but two can go much faster. I use discord by the way . I will be back on tonight... It is 2:15 pm my time right now ... lol I will have to check lifesteal as I know I have chosed critical strike n other ... I use the Apprentice as companion cause I have found him to be awesome as a solo player, helps me heal and takes mobs away from me. Happy gaming. DarkFury

ps not sure on my gear but it is all Epic purple except right ring and right and left hand weapon as they are too pricy for me right now.