test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Resistance Ignored vs Damage Resistance in PVP

Hello All,

Can someone please give me a easy to understand example of how these work in PVP in Mod 12b? This stuff really confuses me.

I main a CW so I'll use my stats for the example.

My CW has +18.1% Damage Resistance on my character sheet. I also use a Shadowclad Enchantment which at max stacks provides 32% damage resistance or a Negation which at max stacks gives 35% damage resistance and I also use shield on tab (does this add?).

So, is it right to say that with either enchantment at max stacks my DR would be 50.1% - 53.1%? And does shield add to this?

My resistance ignored can be easily changed between 100-130%.

If I were to attack myself with Shadowclad or Negation at max stacks with shield on tab and with Arp being less effective in PVP, how would this all calculate?

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Options
    Thank you for this macjae.

So if I can pick your brain a bit more....

When you say Shield is on a different layer, how does that work exactly?

Also, if my CW had lets say 40% DR on my character sheet and full stacks of Transcendent Negation does it cap at 100%? And if so, would another player need 240% RI to hit me with full damage attacks?
  • Options
    Fantastic. Thank you for helping me understand this.
  • Options
    kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    also players can no longer overstact armor pen to do additional damage to you when fully breaching your dr
    that being said to fight low to moderately defensive (dr ) opponants you will need at least 12,000 -16000, armor pen
    as pvp tenacity also reduces your armor pen effectiveness by more then half when attacking so you need even more
    Post edited by kalina311 on
  • Options
    Thank you as always for your advice, Kalina.
  • Options
    thatsmeaswellthatsmeaswell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Up from pure it adds 4% DR per stack in addition to deflection if im not misreading
    Although im not sure if it is added to youre rate or if it is a plain 4% addition
  • Options
    yourenext2dieyourenext2die Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    kalina311 said:

also players can no longer overstact armor pen to do additional damage to you when fully breaching your dr
    that being said to fight low to moderately defensive (dr ) opponants you will need at least 12,000 -16000, armor pen
    as pvp tenacity also reduces your armor pen effectiveness by half when attacking so you need even more

You do know tenacity no longer exists right?
    Super Saiyan God- TR Lvl 70 (PVP)
    Unleash The Wolves- HR Lvl 70 (PVE)
    <font color="Aquamarine">"Non-Pay-To-Win"</font>
    I hunt GWF "Magik" on sight.
  • Options
    designedbyrng#4319 designedbyrng Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    A few different damage calculators are on the forums if you want to know the exact amounts.

Here is one of them
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1236692/12b-pvp-damage-calculator

@yourenext2die
    Tenacity may be gone, but the armor pen reduction still exists. Last I checked, it's 60%
  • Options
    kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    @yourenext2die

Tenacity Rework FOR MOD12B

After seriously examining tenacity and how it affects the barrier to entry in PvP, we have removed the tenacity stat from the game altogether. In accordance with this change we have added a visible buff that will be applied to everyone when entering a PvP area. This buff grants each player the following modifiers:
    60% armor pen reduction
    40% critical severity mitigation
    40% damage mitigation
    50% reduction in healing from all sources (Direct heals, HOTs, Lifesteal, etc.)
    (Please note that this reduction kicks in if you have been hit within the last 10 seconds. We want to make sure that out of combat healing is not affected.)

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1234304/official-feedback-thread-pvp-changes/p1

there was some debate if the armor pen value should be 40% 50% or 60% and it finally landed on 60% reduction
    Post edited by kalina311 on