test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lost City of Omu Preview Patch Notes: NW.95.20180108a.2

Comments

• treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    @terramak is there going to be a full immunity(damage and cc effects) for those that choose to see the cut scenes?

• rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    I see some report in Multiclaim on Overload prizes...

I think the reason for that is the game "reibursing" you from levels you should have leveled with the new leveling curve
    My GWF is my first toon i go like 30 or more bonus levels, my Op is a newly 70 got 2

i think thas not planned but is not a loop, is prob usign your actual max exp in cont ...
  • nooneatzanooneatza Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    So here's the few bugs i found on preview regarding the TR (i hope they're bugs, not features, lol)
    -Smoke bomb sometimes only deals one tick of damage, tried different enchantments, different maps, seems to be random. (ONLY ON PREVIEW)

-Path of the blade doesn't follow you around as it does on live, it looks like it's a fixed AoE in the place where you casted it, NOT GOOD. (ONLY ON PREVIEW)

-Razor Action is acting kind of schizophrenic so to say. Sometimes it randomly deals absurd numbers (100k+ the DoT effect from the feat), again, randomly, can't find a precise way to replicate it. (ONLY ON PREVIEW)

-Sometimes when you get feared you get stuck, only happens on TR
    How to replicate: If you get feared mid-dash you get stuck and you have to use a blink ability to get unstuck (or /stuck, defeatme etc), relogging does not get you unstuck. (THIS ONE IS ON LIVE)

***And the really big ones regarding the feat "One with the shadows" : ***
    First:
    It's supposed to refill your stealth meter once you deal damage with an encounter ability, at times, it only refills a random percentage (around 80 to 90% in my experience) , i'm 100% sure it is not due to taking damage. (THIS ONE IS ON LIVE AND IT'S BEEN A PROBLEM FOR A WHILE NOW)

Second problem, which really needs fixing, i pray to the gods it's not intended, i'll make it red thinking it's a bug:
    If you use an encounter from stealth it auto refills your stealth AND PROCS IT AGAIN (on live it does not, it only refills your stealth bar, you have to press tab again to re-stealth).
    This is a very bad thing regarding tr's, it basically forces you to use two abilities in succession, without getting anything in between them.

The rest of the changes are for good, really appreciate all of them.
    Post edited by nooneatza on
  • michela123michela123 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    @jaime4312#3760 The tooltip for Pillar of Power on Preview says "allies who stand in the conduit gain 75% of this values", and the buff for the allies is correctly 18%. I think it's just an error in the patch notes.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    "Scrying Gauntlgrym: This achievement had been made impossible to complete a long time ago, and is now properly removed from players' achievement lists."

What about those of us have it? While it is good to not dangle it in front of those who don't, it is annoying to lose something we worked for, even as minor as this. Additionally, I hope this won't lead to other deletions, such as Besieger, Inquisitor or Protector of the Enclave.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • wizzy#0870 wizzy Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Is there anything that can be done with Class Features procing weapon enchants? It wouldn't produce as much damage as the multi proc on entity powers.
  • jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User

@jaime4312#3760 The tooltip for Pillar of Power on Preview says "allies who stand in the conduit gain 75% of this values", and the buff for the allies is correctly 18%. I think it's just an error in the patch notes.

@michela123 thank you for the info! Good to know pillar isn't getting nerfed :)
  • zactorzactor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 57 Arc User
    Mod 13 feels incomplete without a new Class or Race. Its been years since we had a new one of either- It's long overdue!
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    zactor said:

Mod 13 feels incomplete without a new Class or Race. Its been years since we had a new one of either- It's long overdue!

We were basically told that a new class had been planned for mod 12 originally, but got pushed back. We were also told that they wanted to rework SWs and TRs a bit first. There was a Twitter message some time ago, which many people interpreted as a hint that Bards would be coming soon - I would not be surprised to see those in Mod 14.

However, this discussion is really off-topic for the Preview forum.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    terramak said:

Combat and Powers, pt. 2
    Classes and Balance

Devoted Cleric
    • Doubling Up
      • Dev note: We'd like to reduce the potency of bringing two Devoted Clerics to a party, and instead open that spot in high-end groups to other classes that can provide offensive support. We also want both DC Paragon Paths to remain viable choices. As a result, we expect these changes to have low impact to individual Devoted Clerics, while opening up the meta for a wider variety of classes.
      • The feat, Bear Your Sins, no longer stacks while multiple Clerics are present.
      • The feat, Weapons of Light, no longer stacks while multiple Clerics are present. The strongest version of this feat will apply.
    THANK YOU DEVS!

These two changes are exactly the type of things I like to see implemented where double dipping by bringing two of the same class into content made other classes less valuable. I main a DC and I like these two changes. It shows that the devs want us, as palyers to consider other class in group content.

Please do the same to other classes that do stat sharing or have powers that can stack that provide a buff or debuff. This would balance out the game.

I believe the classes that share stats are CW, SW, and OP. Please adjust the feats to match the update that you have here for Weapon of Light.

As for encounters, daily, personals, etc that buff or debuff, well, there are two many to list, but make those also not stack.

Thanks
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited January 2018

terramak said:

Combat and Powers, pt. 2
    Classes and Balance

Devoted Cleric
    • Doubling Up
      • Dev note: We'd like to reduce the potency of bringing two Devoted Clerics to a party, and instead open that spot in high-end groups to other classes that can provide offensive support. We also want both DC Paragon Paths to remain viable choices. As a result, we expect these changes to have low impact to individual Devoted Clerics, while opening up the meta for a wider variety of classes.
      • The feat, Bear Your Sins, no longer stacks while multiple Clerics are present.
      • The feat, Weapons of Light, no longer stacks while multiple Clerics are present. The strongest version of this feat will apply.
    THANK YOU DEVS!

These two changes are exactly the type of things I like to see implemented where double dipping by bringing two of the same class into content made other classes less valuable. I main a DC and I like these two changes. It shows that the devs want us, as palyers to consider other class in group content.

Please do the same to other classes that do stat sharing or have powers that can stack that provide a buff or debuff. This would balance out the game.

I believe the classes that share stats are CW, SW, and OP. Please adjust the feats to match the update that you have here for Weapon of Light.

As for encounters, daily, personals, etc that buff or debuff, well, there are two many to list, but make those also not stack.

Thanks
    This was about two feats (WoL, ByS) stacking, wich allways is a bad way in terms of classbalance. It´s more like a needed fix since long than a nerf.
    I don´t know exactly wich classes stack buffs, stats and debuffs the same way DC does?
    Warlock? As far as I know Dark Revelry does not stack, who ever would take 2x locks to stack a pittyfull powerbuff like 6-7k?
    DT does not stack, INfernal Wrath? Can´t tell.
    OP? Auras Gifts don`t stack as far as I know.
    I don´t know what you talk about, please more details are needed to get a hint.
  • patcherrkmpatcherrkm Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 127 Arc User
    please fix dark revelry!~
    dc share gobs of power
    op share tons of power
    sw share 5k power lol

come on, that isn't "balanced" :)
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    You know, there really should be an official feedback thread for the class changes, especially since there are so many.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited January 2018

Storm Spell and Entity Powers:

Storm Spell is not following the player's critical strike chance on Icy Terrain, Oppressive Force, some of the hits on Conduit of Ice, Sudden Storm and Maelstrom of Chaos.

Took a look at this one and it appears that you were correct, good find! Storm Spell was not properly getting the Control Wizard's Crit chance for those powers. I've updated it so that it should be working correctly now (though you won't see that until the changes make it in).
    which is the intended action of the shater stirke to proc from any power or what is described on the tooltip ? i have more screenshots on preview bug report section showing shater strike proc from any cw power.
  • someone3x7#7846 someone3x7 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I was just going to necro the <a href="https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1234736/cleric-encounters-daunting-light-and-chains-of-empowerment">old bug report</a> and call it a day, however, this is gnawing at me. With the DC changes in mod 13 I think it needs more immediate attention.

<font color=red>DC powers Chains of Blazing Light and Daunting Light do not proc feats like Cleansing Fire.</font>

With the upcoming DC changes this is more of a problem than before. I thought that without some redcap elitists breathing down my neck for not stacking a shiney icon irrelevant to my path would be able to go Virtuous. Except a top tier feat is broke.

With the other commonly used encounters (Divine Glow, Break the Spirit, and Forgemasters Flame) cleansing fire does proc 50%. Yet, <font color=cyan>in rotation with the primary DPS encounters Chains of Blazing Light and/or Daunting Light the proc rate of Cleansing Fire over all damaging encounters tapped gets below 15%.

Ideally I would like to see at least 33% proc rate in rotation and unless its fixed to such point I believe will have to stay wrongly Righteous. If its not a bug but a balance issue then would suggest lowering the proc rate instead of limiting rotation options.</font>
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User

terramak said:

Combat and Powers, pt. 2
    Classes and Balance

Devoted Cleric
    • Doubling Up
    THANK YOU DEVS!

Thanks
    be more specific to what those classes share so we can discuss it better.
  • shockerizershockerizer Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Thanks to the devs who are watching this thread and looking at bugs/errors brought up by players!

And thanks to the players who are finding them!
  • naoqueroforumnaoqueroforum Member Posts: 225 Arc User

terramak said:

Character Sheet - Stats

• A number of adjustments have been made to the phrasing and descriptions of stats appearing on the character sheet with the goal of unifying how certain concepts are referred to across the game. All stats continue to work the same way, these changes are to assist in identifying things that behave the same. As an example, a buff that "reduced damage taken by 10%" and "+10% damage resistance" on your character sheet meant the same thing, so we have unified the phrasing.
    • Damage Resistance is now referred to as "Damage Taken" and the value displayed is now a negative number.
    No, they didn't mean the same thing: there was a good reason if they had different tooltips! Damage Resistance buffs are capped, they can just reduce damage taken to 20% effectiveness (they can overcome enemy's Resistance Ignored and an additional 80% damage), while buffs that reduce damage taken can bypass this cap. Furthermore, almost every Damage Resistance buff is additive, while the ones that reduce damage taken are multiplicative.
    Sure, there were some Damage Resistance buffs incorrectly labeled as "decrease damage taken", and now I know why you did this mistake...
    I see you just have changed DC skills for now, but I assume you are going to change all of them. This will just create confusion, these two powers don't do the same thing:

With Hallowed Ground I can reduce my damage taken to 20%, but no more:

With Shield of Faith I can bypass that cap:

You are right, and this type of thing worries me a bit. Another dev did a similar mistake (but with debuffing powers) in mod 10 when changing an encounter and demonstrated he didn't quite understand the difference between resistance ignored and debuffs at the time. I hope they don't mess it this time and change the way powers like SoF works. I would be ok with it if the change was intentional, but the dev's statement at the time (mod10 iirc) clearly demonstrated he was unaware of what he was changing. Hoping it's not the case here.
  • andreask#1780 andreask Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    terramak said:

Combat and Powers, pt. 3

Scourge Warlock - Damnation Feat Update
    • Dev note: While less has changed in this tree, we hope these changes may be enough to make Damnation more viable.
    • Ghastly Commander: Damage has been increased to 3/6/9/12/15%.
    • Ghastly Commander: Lifesteal Chance has been increased to 1/2/3/4/5% (up from 0.4/0.8/1.2/1.6/2.0%).

Damnation is one of the 2 feats I use with my SW and I am pretty sure that these changes are not enough to make me use this feat in party content. It will be very weak compared to Fury and Temptation and it will require big changes to be on par (risking to make it overpowered on solo play). My suggestion when class changes where discussed was to make Damnation path specialized for solo/small dungeon play. The changes then would be focused on synergies between master/summon and wouldn't need to compete the other 2 feats which seem to give a spot to the class (Fury=DPS, Temptation=healer/buffer/debuffer).

Concerning the other class changes, I will have to test them to see how they work out.
  • tazz4nowtazz4now Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    "Inventory

A new Fashion bag has been added, replacing the Idle Companions tab in the Inventory UI. "

where will the "idle companions" be stored? (hopefully not in our bags or bank slots)
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    tazz4now said:

"Inventory

A new Fashion bag has been added, replacing the Idle Companions tab in the Inventory UI. "

where will the "idle companions" be stored? (hopefully not in our bags or bank slots)

They will be in their own bag, like always. They are just removing the tab to get there. You will likely get there through the companion window only now.
  • tazz4nowtazz4now Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    oldbaldyone thank you :wink:
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited January 2018

With module 13 clerics lost their stacking debuff bear your sins. I guess because is the same debuff like many debuffs cant stack if they are the same (artifacts-some companions- enchants).
    Ok fine was a design should get fix done with this nice great.
    What about the sellsword-con artist- rebel mercenary ( and chultan tiger?) can stack each other the same debuff " consume in battle" which is 10% and results to 50% coming from the same exactly skill? IN top of that those companions have mostly offense slot which encourage dps role to play and the debuff role ( not make any sense to me) .

While other companions with 3 defence slot like dancing shield they cant stack with other dancing shield? same and for the ambush drake.

MY suggestion if companions have the same skill to proc a debuff they shouldnt stack. That way will create room for more classes-builds want to debuff and limit power creep( who likes to use " dancing shield 3 defence slot".)

Post edited by mamalion1234 on
  • melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    terramak said:

Foundry (once it's back up and running)
    General

• The Chult intro map, Heart of Darkness, is now available for use in Foundry quests.
    • Port Nyanzaru is now available for use as an instanced map in Foundry quests.
    • Various Chult instances have been added for use in Foundry quests.
    • Various Chult props have been added for use in Foundry quests.
    From me and ALL the authors, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!

I don't want to sound at all ungrateful, but will we also be able to use Chult encounter groups? It isn't very Chult-y without dinosaurs.

Again, thank you, thank you, thank you.
    Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
    (Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ
  • darkan#3756 darkan Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    I run with some ppl and not

terramak said:

Combat and Powers, pt. 3

Scourge Warlock - Damnation Feat Update
    • Dev note: While less has changed in this tree, we hope these changes may be enough to make Damnation more viable.
    • Ghastly Commander: Damage has been increased to 3/6/9/12/15%.
    • Ghastly Commander: Lifesteal Chance has been increased to 1/2/3/4/5% (up from 0.4/0.8/1.2/1.6/2.0%).

Damnation is one of the 2 feats I use with my SW and I am pretty sure that these changes are not enough to make me use this feat in party content. It will be very weak compared to Fury and Temptation and it will require big changes to be on par (risking to make it overpowered on solo play). My suggestion when class changes where discussed was to make Damnation path specialized for solo/small dungeon play. The changes then would be focused on synergies between master/summon and wouldn't need to compete the other 2 feats which seem to give a spot to the class (Fury=DPS, Temptation=healer/buffer/debuffer).

Concerning the other class changes, I will have to test them to see how they work out.
    yep its true i test in previwe and really need fix at least 3 feats on damantion for make really more viable and can competive with fury in dps 1) parting blasphemy alredy just have only 2 powers trigger in HB and are completly usless in rotation for make dps 2) relentless curse wich its porpuse this feat ? (all curse cunsume can do spread lesser curse and same burning puppet making that feat useless) 2) Power of the nine hells right now its deficient need add some effect can make own damanation feat

Damnation suppos is dps with few support and that see reflect this part on syphoning curse (suppos benefict scale buff/power) its only feat support its good for now. I see parting plasphemy and retenless curse try make nexus betwen dps and encounters debuff but not make it ( not have encounters dps trigger some feat debuff on curse synergy or warlock cunsume and viceversa) need solve specific problems for damntion otherwise will be still unseless
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User

Storm Spell and Entity Powers:

Storm Spell is not following the player's critical strike chance on Icy Terrain, Oppressive Force, some of the hits on Conduit of Ice, Sudden Storm and Maelstrom of Chaos.

Took a look at this one and it appears that you were correct, good find! Storm Spell was not properly getting the Control Wizard's Crit chance for those powers. I've updated it so that it should be working correctly now (though you won't see that until the changes make it in).
    @thefabricant was right?

@balanced#2849 I've just found The Fabricant to be most gifted in his ability to find bugs and report them, and the .gif is a comment to his skill... Not to you're agreeing with him, so please don't interpret it as demeaning towards you as it is in no way intended that way! B)

va8Ru.gif
This discussion has been closed.