test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Winter Fest

dingoballzdingoballz Member Posts: 148 Arc User
Well here we are with another winterfest and same rewards from 4 years ago even down to the worthless unicorn seals. Would of thought they would of been changed out seeing how unicorn seals are "worthless" . But that would require them to work on it. Also the fish you turn in for the Dread,Shar and WoD items is great if you are a lower lev toon but not so great for those of us that have those areas down many years ago. Why not have some of the newer areas items in there? Oh that also would require someone capable in changing something.
Every event is always the same thing, same rewards year after year . Would be nice if they would put a little effort into them instead of just turning them on, you know maybe modernize them some .
"What is the sense of living the life you're given if all you ever do is stand in one place?" Lord Huron

Comments

• rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    I was just hopping to get a 2 seat sleed... well maybe next year :'(

Agree on the special "fish" i'm not fishing on toons that i already have the campaings done, doing it in an alt, is really useless if you already has that campaing (you could make keys but wont worth the farming)
    also weird to get unicirne seals (at least is still possible to trade them for new one in PE)
    Post edited by rafaelda on
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Yes I didn't want to sound ungrateful but I can't see there is much worth chasing after - other than some unbound companions.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    Completely agree. I have 3 toons that I'll fish on since I'm starting to clear their campaigns. But I have other toons that have long ago finished the basic Dread/Tyranny/Sharandar campaigns. I was hopeful that they would add some currencies to the mix. But deep inside I knew they wouldn't add a thing besides a new mount/throne like always.

These events tend to be geared more towards newer players to keep them interested with free stuff while long-term players get to live through the "been there, done that" scenario.
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    Well there are rewards worth millions available if you get really lucky.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Seal of the Unicorn can still be turned in at the Seal Vendor for Seal of the Adventurer.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • lunari#8880 lunari Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    I agree with the OP. I was looking forward new stuff, but its just the same year after year. I truly hope next year the devs would be in holiday cheer?!...

Really? I keep looking and can't work out what is worth anything? What coudl you get that is worth millions please - genuine question :smile:
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

Really? I keep looking and can't work out what is worth anything? What coudl you get that is worth millions please - genuine question :smile:
    Forgehammer of Gond, it becomes one of the possible rewards after opening 20 parcels.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    kreatyve said:

Forgehammer of Gond, it becomes one of the possible rewards after opening 20 parcels.
    Thanks for this - I guessed it was after box 20.

So with the event running for 20 days you really need to get that parcel every day right?
  • jrdiiorio#8134 jrdiiorio Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    > @callumf#9018 said:
    > Well there are rewards worth millions available if you get really lucky.
    >
    > Really? I keep looking and can't work out what is worth anything? What coudl you get that is worth millions please - genuine question :smile:
    >
    >
    > Forgehammer of Gond, it becomes one of the possible rewards after opening 20 parcels.
    >
    > Thanks for this - I guessed it was after box 20.
    >
    > So with the event running for 20 days you really need to get that parcel every day right?

Without buying extra parcels it’s best to group up with friends first and open the free gifts obtained by using the gift of smiril in groups. After you’ve opened 20 which is indicated on an unopened parcel, then you want to open the parcels you obtain each day. The free ones from gift parties only give you btc items.
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    I wish the loot had been updated as well, while I would take a free forgehammer, I think the seals could have been updated and maybe some other new loot of interest. This is the third time doing this event and for me most everything that can drop from this event is too low in value to use much time on it, I still have lanterns left from last year that I just lost interest in. I am doing my daily quests for parcels, but there is a fair chance I wont do much beyond opening these and being done with it....
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

It's also more likely to be BtC than unbound. I've known more people that end up pulling the forgehammer on an alt than getting the drop on the character they want or as unbound.
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User

kreatyve said:

It's also more likely to be BtC than unbound. I've known more people that end up pulling the forgehammer on an alt than getting the drop on the character they want or as unbound.
    That's because people open way more bags than they do parcels.

Bags drop from other players' Gifts Of Simril, and provide bound loot. Parcels are from the Zen store (with 1/day free) and provide unbound loot. But that means that, without spending Zen, each character gets AT MOST 21 unbound drops, whereas someone who works hard at doing gift parties and trades stars and stuff can easily open 1000 or more bound-loot Bags.

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

kreatyve said:

The ones from the Bags are bound. The ones from the Parcels are unbound.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • mullymoomoo#7130 mullymoomoo Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    Where do you turn in the fish for campaign currencies?
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Go up steps behind the band or near the mailbox and there is a man there.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • melindaozmelindaoz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 114 Arc User
    Do you folks know you can convert the lumens into RP? And use the lights of simril to buy boxes of lumens to convert into RP? You could get a heck of a lot of free RP just by doing the lantern parties. And the pres wards and scrolls of life are nice too.
    (I got 4 bound forgehammers last year. On alts that don't do professions. Sigh)
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Character bound items are just too limiting - why not make them account bound? Where's the down side?
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

Character bound items are just too limiting - why not make them account bound? Where's the down side?

In certain situations, it can encourage massive mule farming (using 2 to 49 alternate characters to gain benefit on 1 main character).
    Yes, it happens in limited fashion now, but BtC is the one thing they have to put a stop-limit on it.

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    melindaoz said:

Do you folks know you can convert the lumens into RP? And use the lights of simril to buy boxes of lumens to convert into RP? You could get a heck of a lot of free RP just by doing the lantern parties. And the pres wards and scrolls of life are nice too.
    (I got 4 bound forgehammers last year. On alts that don't do professions. Sigh)

I do. That actually was the first time I thought of when they announced the new RP system. Reason: I trashed hundred stacks of them in previous year.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    It would be nice if the mounts, pets, transmutes and fashion were BtA from Bags. I have a lot of alts and like to collect cool stuff for them. It gets annoying to discard so much on one character that would be useful on another.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • rannxeroxxrannxeroxx Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    This is my first year doing the Winter fest. My observations...

* Getting a demon sled during the fest seems an arduous task. The main problem here is the profession to change over fishing items is only LV1 and there are no higher LV task to help. Plus you can't share you flakes between alts. Frankly, just do a few daily AD runs and buy one from the AD store as they are not that expensive.

* Why does the "uncommon" sled with the bell look cooler then the epic one? On the same note as the black flakes, it would be nice to be able to pool my alts points to buy anything significant there. Its not like anything from that vendor are too powerful or unbalancing, not sure why its easy to get an epic sled but grinding to get anything from the other vendor.

* Why is getting the uncommon mimic more stars then the epic sled? Its not like its an overpowering companion.

* I liked upgrading my fishing rod, heck, its the first legendary item I have :) I like that you can fish and turn in items to help progress with boons. Would be cool if they incorporated some of the fishing mechs in Icewind Dale to make it more then just F key.

* Monsters on the Ice... or any of the icy terrain is a huge disadvantage for melee alts. I have a toon of each class and the ranged ones would mop up while the melee ones were slipping and sliding to get there. The DP had the easiest time with his at will shield slam abilities.

Overall, I enjoyed it. Thanks devs!
  • aslan3775aslan3775 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 295 Arc User
    In the spirit of 'repetitiveness', I will ask again that we use the scarves for something other than a discard. I like the ability to get various scarves, but after 20 or so per character, after walking through all the people complaining about freezing to death, why are we 'discarding' all the scarves? Devs--can we please have a minor tweak to the festival so that we can give the scarves to various npcs? Even if we don't get anything for it, (and last year I suggested it be a quest from the Cleric in the Stronghold to obtain influence vouchers) it would still be 'in the spirit' of the festival.
  • rannxeroxxrannxeroxx Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    aslan3775 said:

In the spirit of 'repetitiveness', I will ask again that we use the scarves for something other than a discard. I like the ability to get various scarves, but after 20 or so per character, after walking through all the people complaining about freezing to death, why are we 'discarding' all the scarves? Devs--can we please have a minor tweak to the festival so that we can give the scarves to various npcs? Even if we don't get anything for it, (and last year I suggested it be a quest from the Cleric in the Stronghold to obtain influence vouchers) it would still be 'in the spirit' of the festival.

Maybe something could be included into the professions area as well. Making goods and blankets, etc for the refugees.

Just thinking about this thread, the tie in to other game content is that the underdark is being over run by demons. Maybe remove the Monsters on the Ice and replace it with going into the underdark to help rid the place of demons.
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    where do you get winterkill emblems from?
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Well, the lag really killed the event for me this year... it wasn't that great before either, but it's plain awfull right now.
    5-15 min. waiting before i can actually move my character around without being rubberbanded all over the place.
    It gets a little bit better after logging on to the second, third and so on character, still with a few random lag spikes here or there, but it's somewhat playable...

They should really change the whole gifting to dropping the loot right into the players inventory, and add a "system message" to the party chat when a Gift of Simril was used, that should also take care of most scamming attempts with Sky Lanterns.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    The epic sled has just 2 insignia slots... why?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    oroness said:

Because they just copied the same spec of "Winter Sled". All 3 "Winter Sled" has the same insignia combination.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User

oroness said:

Because they just copied the same spec of "Winter Sled". All 3 "Winter Sled" has the same insignia combination.
    I hope it gets fixed anytime in the next 2 or three years. It took then almost 4 years to fix a bugged feat on clerics, dunno what to think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o