test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dps

eshkull#7182 eshkull Member Posts: 71 Arc User
How’s the DPS for the paladin, I used to run an OP back in mod 10 and I want to know if they still do crazy DPS.

Comments

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    Decent.

Tankadin excels at burst damage, though the OP's burst is not quite GWF or DPS GF tier.
    Over longer fights, any good DPS class who is running a relevant spec (ie, no Archer HRs, Sentinel GWFs, Damnationlocks, etc.) will beat any good OP.

(By the way, are you still trying out DPS classes to figure out which one you like? I distinctly remember you making a TR, asking me about DPS GF at some point, and I recall seeing you working on a CW.)

• eshkull#7182 eshkull Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    Well, it’s not that I am figuring out which class to play, it’s more of I want to get a spectrum of damage in my account. I like the guardian fighter damage it’s just they don’t have any critical chance anywhere in their kit, which I find to be an issue as a DPS class. I played a tank paladin for a while and I liked it a lot.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    In solo content a properly geared and balanced OP can kill most things in 1 or 2 hits, in 5 man dungeons if you run with an equally geared DPS you should do about a quarter to half less than them depending on their class and which skills you use.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • eshkull#7182 eshkull Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    armadeonx said:

In solo content a properly geared and balanced OP can kill most things in 1 or 2 hits, in 5 man dungeons if you run with an equally geared DPS you should do about a quarter to half less than them depending on their class and which skills you use.

So what you're saying is I wouldn't want to be a DPS OP for dungeons but it's okay for solo content?
  • trzebiat#2067 trzebiat Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    There's one way to build the most efficient OP and it's the DPS route. You build OP with focus on maximizing buffs (base power - stacking Power and HP on character everywhere, using Aura of Courage and Wisdom) and personal DPS (Orcus set, standard DPS companion setup, capped Arpen and Crit, correct weapon enchant - Trans Feytouched). If you lack survivability you can use more defensive encounters/dailies, if not you can go offensive with powers and extra DPS only helps you tanking with more Temp HP and aggro.
    what he said ^

• nemesrichnemesrich Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    My birthday wish will be that PW give some love to OP and boost the damage not much just to match dps GF.
    The DPS GF is the target of so much hate atm as they can challenge primary DPS classes.

That is the road to nerfdom so I'm cool with where we are right now.

• majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    What he said. ^
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    > @nemesrich said:
    > My birthday wish will be that PW give some love to OP and boost the damage not much just to match dps GF.

https://youtu.be/uxkmT11KAHQ

I could bet my rank 12 enchs that GF dps will be nerfed to the ground, devs for sure won't like any class hitting that hard. Devo pally supposedly can stack bane x3 on main dpser and x3 on boss very fast/at the same time so you can expect a nerf for both there, I suspect videos like those and ACT logs showing damage done will end up making GF the new SW, overnerfed and stomped at every possible role except useless things (just like templock currently is the best at.. healing lol. It may be better in mod 13 though)

Pally mains, please, if you know how to do the x6 bane thing (if it's even a thing) please pm me about it so I can try it out on my alt, want to see it before it gets patched :)
    If you want to keep 3x Bane on boss and top DPS you can do it two ways.
    First - 3x Bane on boss, 1x on DPS, 1x on boss, 1x on DPS, 1x on boss, 1x on DPS and at this point you have 3 stacks on both and continue with 1x on boss and 1x on DPS. If you skip placing Bane on boss you're risking it may fall off and then you'd have to start over. This is how I was doing it on Orcus long time ago around 2.8k IL when running Dev OP.
    Second - you can apply 3x Bane on DPS before entering boss by applying 1 stack, waiting for the charge to cooldown (Bane duration is longer than cooldown), apply 2nd stack, wait, 3rd stack, enter boss, 2x on boss, 1x on DPS, 1x on boss and from now on you have 3 stacks on both and have to maintain them.
    I can't think of any other way to stack 3x Bane on two targets faster.
    But using Bane on Dev is so hard for keeping 3 stacks on both boss and DPS and you can easily make a mistake of casting it on companion or wrong person, that I don't think it's even worth trying unless you can make it work without any mistakes, better to stick with Prot for higher burst damage with SW and more power share.
    edited December 2017
    @trzebiat#2067

Oh thanks for your reply, now that sounds like a wai way to use bane so it should be safe from the nerf hammer.

I wonder how that x6 bane does vs
    playing prot the meta way, if you check that video and I think 1 or maybe 2 others from the Russian server, every party member (including the HR) buffs the GF (other teams do likewise woth GWF)to the moon and bosses get absolutely destroyed, I wonder how long will it take until devs decide to nerf such buff interactions to the ground, ACT logs shared here on the forums showing powers dealing 50m + damage in a single hit may make them start thinking their next round of nerfs.

I think devs should tweak the dps curse in t9g, it currently is a massive middle finger pointed at SW, HR and CW, not sure about TR. That "damage bonus as an extra hit" needs to go or get reworked for balance's sake.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    bellkazi said:

ACT logs shared here on the forums showing powers dealing 50m + damage in a single hit

70m+ in a single hit if DC AC good.

You mean 150 million?

:trollface:

> @bellkazi said:
    > But using Bane on Dev is so hard for keeping 3 stacks on both boss and DPS and you can easily make a mistake of casting it on companion or wrong person
    >
    > Look this:
    > simple-keybinds-for-pve
    > 3x bane on DPS (bind). Reuse bane prolongs all 3 stacks. Reuse bind once every 15 seconds it's very very hard B)

PC only unfortunately.
    @belkazi

You guys are beasts o.O 71+ million GW... what o.O
  • nemesrichnemesrich Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

The DPS GF is the target of so much hate atm as they can challenge primary DPS classes.

Ok, then my birthday wish will be that they change Relentless Avenger so it will not send mobs flying into outer space just make them prone.
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    nemesrich said:

armadeonx said:

Ok, then my birthday wish will be that they change Relentless Avenger so it will not send mobs flying into outer space just make them prone.
    I'd rather your birthday wish NOT come true as the knockback acts as 'DPS-troll begone' for many quests and hunts that are still stealable and griefable. If they fix all the quests and hunts first, THEN they should look at redesigning RA.

~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • bassmanj74#2822 bassmanj74 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I've found RA's knockback quite handy in certain circumstances... soloing in Batiri camp in chult for example. SW, Tr then biff the zergs back with RA. Rinse and repeat.