test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Graphics bug has returned.

thyuberdudethyuberdude Member Posts: 26 Arc User
edited December 2017 in Bug Reports (PC)
There's a graphics bug where the shiny aura that surounds loot will vanish after a few minutes of play and combat. The shiny aura around my weapon from my weapon enchant will vanish. It's affecting gameplay because the red aura that surrounds batiri with a Brave NPC doesn't appear.. making it impossible to spot from a distance.

I've noticed this since last patch. I've tried different drivers for my card. I've tried different graphics settings. I've varified the game files.

This graphics bug went away a few patches ago. I believe mod 11. And now it's returned.

Example
Draco Metallum GF - Tank stuff till dead
Draco Metallum GWF - Hit stuff till dead
Draco Metallum CW - Debuff stuff till dead
Draco Metallum DC - Buff stuff till dead

Comments

• Options
    Update: So i've tried everything I can think of. I've rolled back 5 driver updates and then rolled through them back to most recent. I've played with graphics settings. reinstalled the game. played with capability mode.

Again. This used to happen before mod 11 and it wasn't a big deal about there wasn't any graphical indicators missing that i needed. The gameplay being affected by this now are the batiri red glow effect caused by the brave NPC.

If i can't see it I have to manually scan every NPC in every group. This graphics bug is affecting my gameplay.
  • Options
    sgaddis13#3703 sgaddis13 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    It is happening on console, too.
  • Options
    I've noticed that it seems to happen when I'm using feytouched. If i use my terror enchant the texture bug doesn't happen.
  • Options
    manipulosmanipulos Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    This happens to me all the time now on any character I play. This used to only happen to me in the Neverwinter Siege event map, and I had to relaunch the game after leaving the map to get rid of it. This is the default graphics for me now and it sucks. There is nothing wrong with my computer and yes my graphics card is decent and I keep the driver up-to-date.

Edit: I have 6 different characters I play on a regular basis (thanks to the new random dungeon way to get AD which I hate) and they all have this issue. Some have weapon enchants and some do not, a mix of male and female, different races (human, tiefling, dragonborn, halfing, half-elf), all are different classes (DC, CW, GF, GWF, HR, SW)...I think you get the idea!
  • Options
    manipulos said:

This happens to me all the time now on any character I play. This used to only happen to me in the Neverwinter Siege event map, and I had to relaunch the game after leaving the map to get rid of it. This is the default graphics for me now and it sucks. There is nothing wrong with my computer and yes my graphics card is decent and I keep the driver up-to-date.

Edit: I have 6 different characters I play on a regular basis (thanks to the new random dungeon way to get AD which I hate) and they all have this issue. Some have weapon enchants and some do not, a mix of male and female, different races (human, tiefling, dragonborn, halfing, half-elf), all are different classes (DC, CW, GF, GWF, HR, SW)...I think you get the idea!

Okay thanks I'm trying to narrow it down and for me using Feytouched brings it on much faster. A few groups of batiri and my textures start missing. But with Terror enchant this doesn't seem to happen for a much longer time. Lightning also causes it to happen quick.

Apparently it's a widespread issue and some have said it's a memory leak. Before mod 12 this was just a cosmetic issue but with the batiry brave and that red glow it's a gameplay issue. If i can't spot braves then I can't roll the dice for a trophy.

Finding Braves can be hard enough.. Not being able to see the red glow truly makes it a pain in the HAMSTER.
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Escalating this issue!
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    I get this problem when I've done something where lots of effects are going off, such as a demonic HE in WoD with lots of people. It also happens sometimes during a ToNG run. Once the problem occurs, the only way to fix it is to exit the client and restart it.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    manipulosmanipulos Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    I was able to play for awhile tonight with normal graphics, first time in a long time...then it bugged out again.
  • Options
    Yea like I said. For me it's feytouched. When i use my terror enchant I don't seem to lose textures. When i use feytouched it only takes 1 or 2 groups of mobs before textures start to vanish. I sent in a bug through the in-game bug report as well.

Is it game breaking? well not really but it does affect some gameplay and it just plain games the game look like poo.
  • Options
    sgaddis13#3703 sgaddis13 Member Posts: 107 Arc User

Escalating this issue!

Thank you!

• Options
    bumpzillabumpzilla Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    This is the same bug discussed here:
    https://arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1230159/pc-turning-off-auto-graphic-degradation

miasmat said he is looking into it as well.
  • Options
    bumpzilla said:

This is the same bug discussed here:
    https://arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1230159/pc-turning-off-auto-graphic-degradation

miasmat said he is looking into it as well.

Might need a merge then if mods can do that.

I noticed some speculated that it might be weapon enchants as well. I'm wagging my finger at feytouched myself but I know others say they've seen the same thing with other effects/weapon enchants. I've swapped from terror to lightning and I haven't noticed any issues so far. Sold my feytouched. I'd rather have decent graphics then slightly higher numbers.

The interesting thing to test would be to see if someone else using feytouched can break my game. Assuming that's the issue I can't see why it wouldn't.

If it's like Senticon said and it's the game degrading graphics to help with performance then perhaps the devs can turn that 'feature' off?

I know some suggest it being an easy fix to simply restart the game but when I use feytouched it would happen within 5 minutes or less of gameplay. Restarting my game every 5 minutes to fix a graphics issue isn't a great solution. :tongue:
  • Options
    is2#2358 is2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I am experiencing the same issue and have been for a little over a week now. I do use a trans fey, and this issue also carries over on to my alts. I tried uninstalling, restarts... etc, it's ineffective. I play on PS4. I submitted a trouble ticket and was told to put my issue here. Hopefully a solution is implemented. Graphics affected for me have been: campfires without flames, dropped items with no glow, dragon's breath weapons including artifact usage not visible, interactive objectives without particles, and I am sure I forgot something else, but hopefully this is enough detail.
  • Options
    btairbornebtairborne Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    so it's that damned Feytouched enchant causing it eh? Very good to know.
  • Options
    bumpzillabumpzilla Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    It's happening with my Terror enchant but it's happening less frequently for me since Thursday's patch.
  • Options

so it's that damned Feytouched enchant causing it eh? Very good to know.

I narrowed it down to feytouched for myself. @manipulos Said they experience it regardless of enchant used so I can't say it's feytouched for everyone.

Although like I said. If it is feytouched. There's nothing saying that another players feytouched can't cause texture loss for me if lets say we run a dungeon together. It could be that even if a player isn't using feytouched. if someone near them is, it results in broken textures.

So I guess a shout out to a dev to suggest they take a look at feytouched because it might be breaking certain textures would be next? @nitocris83
  • Options
    ontheleftcoast#2086 ontheleftcoast Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    I don't have any Feytouched items but it happens to me fairly often. The worst is when you're in Illusionist's Gambit and can't see the "reflect damage" red glow around enemies. It appears to be the same mechanism used for treasure glow and some other effects.
  • Options
    zanaspus1zanaspus1 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    Feel blessed that you only have it since last patch.
  • Options
    zanaspus1 said:

Feel blessed that you only have it since last patch.

Like I said in OP I noticed it went away after mod 11. Before then I experienced it everywhere and with any enchant. The thing is it was easy enough to ignore. But now that there are game mechanics that use textures that vanish with this bug it's become noticeable and annoying af.. with feytouched.

I'm not sure why that particular enchant breaks my textures while others seem to have theirs broken by any enchant. :disappointed:

System specs are:

5820k i7
    16g ddr4
    1080 ti
    samsung 950 evo m.2 ssd

I keep stressing T. Fey touched because for me I can reliably break my textures with this enchant. Using other enchants like terror, lightning, flaming, frost etc. I can play for as long as i like killing loads of trash and having loads of loot on the ground and my textures don't break. 2 or 3 groups of trash with fey touched and my textures are broken and require a restart.
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    I've seen other threads where some suggest a possible link to Fey or Frost Weapon Enchants but honestly I don't see it; they usually work fine mostly except during times when the Siege event is mostly on for me at least.

My Wizard uses a Dread and even if she goes on a map with no or few players on it often her Will-O-Wisp companion sometimes turns a green color briefly before the white night light effect fades. While my companion is not glowing white drops no longer glow as well. The only way to spot the Wisp is the faint subtle blue streaks that remain which used to surround the white night light effect.

Now sometimes the Will-O-Wisp will spark back after being enveloped in some green slime color but often it does not.

I suspect the real cause is more than likely an attack power one of the Thayans is using that causes some strange slime green color effect that not only impairs drops from glowing but many companion powers from being visible.

If you have a Wayward Wizard his Icy Powers which like the Wisp are more mostly white based colors and all you see is him flapping his arms while drops don't glow.
  • Options
    ragnarjirka#1376 ragnarjirka Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Hello. I've seen the effect for awhile, too. I've attached a detailed explanation in a side channel to this, but here are the details again.

It's not instantaneous. Gradually, particle effects get sort of exhausted. The process is faster if there is a lot of activity on the map, but it's easy to replicate even if I'm the only one (i.e. on Stronghold map). It just takes a bit longer. About 5-10 minutes. On full maps with a lot of activity, like the Siege, it happens usually at less than 2 minutes of game play for me.

The bug starts to manifest with the quest path, which looses blue sparks and only small amount of red sparks remain. The next step is that the quest path is no longer rendered and drop items loose their white sparks, beam remains. Next is that drops does not have the "beam" mark. And than all the fire loose particle effects, too. The final stage is that white foggy marks around items with interaction possibility diminish too.

Few examples follow.

The "Potion of Accuracy" still has the beam mark, but those gold piles don't. Also the quest path is visible on mini-map, but not rendered on the world.

Here the fire does not have any "fire particles" and only faded blue ribbon remains.

This is the DxDiag output at the time of playing:
    DxDiag.txt

It's really frustrating and sometimes it's quite simple to miss a drop due to the bug.
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    I noticed like I identified above when drops stop glowing that the Wayward Wizard stops showing his cold based attack powers he only flaps his arms. Or the Will-O-Wisp companion loosing his normal white night light and you barely see a blue streak flapping in the distance.

Strangely enough I've also noticed when glows stop glowing doing Dread Death Forge my Paladin I also notice is unable to see Smite flames on NPC's or Templar's Wrath? What's also equally strange however is you see the Necromancy coffins burn when you light them on fire but flames from Smite are unseen when drops stop glowing.
  • Options
    Hello. I've seen the effect for awhile, too.

It's not instantaneous, though. Gradually, particle effects get sort of exhausted. The process is faster if there is a lot of activity on the map, but it's easy to replicate even if I'm the only one (i.e. on Stronghold map). It just takes a bit longer. About 5-10 minutes. On full maps with a lot of activity, like the Siege, it happens usually at less than 2 minutes of game play for me.

The bug starts to manifest with the quest path, which looses blue sparks and only small amount of red sparks remain. The next step is that the quest path is no longer rendered and drop items loose their white sparks, beam remains. Next is that drops does not have the "beam" mark. And than all the fire loose particle effects, too. The final stage is that white foggy marks around items with interaction possibility diminish too.

Few examples follow.

The "Potion of Accuracy" still has the beam mark, but those gold piles don't. Also the quest path is visible on mini-map, but not rendered on the world.

Here the fire does not have any "fire particles" and only faded blue ribbon remains.

DxDiag.txt

It's really frustrating and sometimes it's quite simple to miss a drop due to the bug.
  • Options

It's not instantaneous, though. Gradually, particle effects get sort of exhausted. The process is faster if there is a lot of activity on the map, but it's easy to replicate even if I'm the only one (i.e. on Stronghold map). It just takes a bit longer. About 5-10 minutes. On full maps with a lot of activity, like the Siege, it happens usually at less than 2 minutes of game play for me.

Few examples follow.

DxDiag.txt

• Options

Few examples follow.

DxDiag.txt