test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Zen charge event

emuriannemuriann Member Posts: 14 Arc User
Hallo,

I would like to check something beforehand, considering some descriptions of items in the Zen store and such are at times sketchy. At 22 november the Holiday charge event will take place, granting you items if you spend X money on the game.

Now it says you can only get this once per account. I had all the rewards last year with the event as I spended 200 euros. If I spend money again, do I get new rewards? Or is it one time only per account in its lifetime?

Would appreciate it allot if someone can clarify this for me for obvious reasons. .

Comments

• Options
    eclipseblood#1326 eclipseblood Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    > @reg1981 said:
    > The rewards for the upcoming charge promotion are not as good as the last time :(

Yeah these rewards arent enough of an interest to spend money if u werent planning on it prior imo, the coal wards are the only thing that of interest to most players, the runic bag lost its value 12b with the rp changes and the rest is lack luster
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    I would have spent the 200 twice last time if it would have worked! Not this time. If the extras were the same I'd do it again! The value of runics dropped but are still personally valuable to me as I have alts that I'm playing and for me, the free bags aren't enough :)
  • Options
    maxzius#3795 maxzius Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    > @reg1981 said:
    > The rewards for the upcoming charge promotion are not as good as the last time :(

It's so they have something to blame other than the random q for decreased Zen sales this year.
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    I'm also not spending. Not even on vip, I bought 12 months of vip, then I was gone 7 months. Did my vip stop counting down? Nope even if I didn't log on I lost time. I won't bother with it anymore, rank is nice for the salvage anvil and teleports but meh.... I can just turn my items into rp now, so the vip doesn't have the same appeal to me. Turning items into rp as a vip perk would make me consider using vip again. However, to take that function away from all now that it was "free" would cause an uproar.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    I'd like to get my hands on that Snowclad Manticore, I don;t like ANY of the manticores, but for some reason that one looks really good. Unfortunately am broke this year, so maybe next year.
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Hi @emuriann ! Each reward promo is separate from the last so if there are rewards you got last year that also appear on the reward table this year, you will get them again if you charge that tier of Zen. A more detailed blog with all the information is scheduled to go out a few days before the promotion goes live.

@jumpingmorks the manticore is both creepy but also fascinating to look at. I feel the markings on the skin and the wrinkles on forehead really stand out on this one, giving it a more lifelike and vicious feel. And I really don't like manticores!
  • Options
    gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    > @adinosii said:
    > I have usually bought some Zen during those events, but no.... not this time.
    >
    > The Random Queue fiasco, and having to spend years (per character) farming ToNG to get the UES I want has really hurt my enjoyment of the game.
    >
    > I see no reason to support the game now or to reward decisions that reduce my enjoyment.
    >
    > So, no money from me this time.

Same for me...
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • Options
    litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    I'll spend. I'll use the Zen somehow, so might as well get a little something extra for it.
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    > @litaaers said:
    > I'll spend. I'll use the Zen somehow, so might as well get a little something extra for it.

That's how I always used to feel. ♡
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User

> @litaaers said:

> I'll spend. I'll use the Zen somehow, so might as well get a little something extra for it.

That's how I always used to feel. ♡

To be fair, you DID leave the game for 7 months....
  • Options
    maxzius#3795 maxzius Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    > @r000kie said:
    > 70k for 99 pres wards. As long as you guys do not buy ZEN, the longer the backlog (12.700.000 ATM), more AD to me. Had free ZEN in storage, selling for 600+ AD and buying for 500. Thank you Cryptic, for chasing whales away.

It's all good until there's no one left to sell to.
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    I feel bad for the newer players who don't know, or don't want to, wait for the BF sale and paying such exorbitant price for pres wards. Throw in the broken RNG and they must be butt hurt.
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    r000kie said:

I should probably buy some legendary mount, finally. I cannot believe they did not put one, account wide, in ZEN store, after so much time.

I would have expected something like the Starfade Stag, if that's what it called. Near useless stats, but at least the 140 speed boost.
  • Options
    manipulosmanipulos Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    adinosii said:

I have usually bought some Zen during those events, but no.... not this time.

The Random Queue fiasco, and having to spend years (per character) farming ToNG to get the UES I want has really hurt my enjoyment of the game.

I see no reason to support the game now or to reward decisions that reduce my enjoyment.

So, no money from me this time.

This is exactly how I feel about it. I was really hoping we would have some good news before Black Friday on upcoming content etc. so I could spend money on zen. Good news like AD for random queue only has been scrapped, or we finally get a new class in Mod13 after more than 2 years since Paladin...stuff like that. As it stands I feel like I have a moral obligation to not give more of my hard-earned money after what appears to a lot of people to be blatant nerfing just to get players to spend more money.
  • Options
    dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Personally I prefer the Zen Charge Bonus where a person receives bonus Zen for their purchases, not some common grade item, which might be a collector's item but other than being able to say that seems to be of little practical value.

One other thing I noticed is that for a $25 Zen purchase a person is supposed to receive "Commoner's Winter Garb" (with 5 enchanted keys) and for a $75 Zen purchase a person is supposed to receive a Shadow Manticore (and 30 days of VIP)... except purchasing Zen from the PWE charge exchange, people can only purchase Zen in $10 increments - not $5 increments so it is clearly impossible to purchase just $25 or $75 worth of Zen.

What's up with that? To get your Commoner's Winter Garb reward you have to purchase $30 of Zen not $25 with neither amount being a purchase option on the PWE charge page (just $10 or $20) and to get the Manticore a person has to purchase $80 worth of Zen and not $75 again neither $75 nor $80 is an option available on the PWE charge page (just $50 or $100)...

How does this even work?

Also just on a passing note, recently I visited the webpage for one of the console games...

On that page a console player can purchase zen amounts of 500, 1,000 and 2,000 and not only get promotional "bonus zen" for their purchases but they are able to make those purchases at a discounted price... a double win for them it seems.

15% additional Zen for a purchase of 500, which normally costs $4.99, now $4.24 -
    20% additional Zen for a purchase of 1,000 regularly $9.99, now $7.99 -
    20% additional Zen for a purchase of 2,000 regularly $19.99, now $15.99 -
    20% additional Zen for a purchase of 5,300 regularly $49.99, now $39.99 -
    25% additional Zen for a purchase of 1,100 Zen regularly $99.99 now $74.99

PC users on the other hand get "stuff" for our zen purchases, at full price...

An uncommon (green) mount for a $10 zen purchase, at full price. A cosmetic costume plus 5 keys, for a $25 purchase at full price, there isn't even a purchase $25 option available for PC users on the PWE charge page, and a character load out slot and 2x blood ruby bonus for a $100 zen purchase.

I don't even use free game provided character load out we have, I certainly don't want to spend $100 for another character load out that I won't use and $100 seems a little pricy for just 2 blood rubies when I can buy three from the Zen market for $20.00

Somehow I get the impression PC users are getting handed the dirty end of the stick with this so called "promotion" - What's Up! ?

Post edited by dionchi on
    DD~
  • Options
    flippy#8481 flippy Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    dionchi said:

Personally I prefer the Zen Charge Bonus where a person receives bonus Zen for their purchases, not some common grade item, which might be a collector's item but other than being able to say that seems to be of little practical value.

One other thing I noticed is that for a $25 Zen purchase a person is supposed to receive "Commoner's Winter Garb" (with 5 enchanted keys) and for a $75 Zen purchase a person is supposed to receive a Shadow Manticore (and 30 days of VIP)... except purchasing Zen from the PWE charge exchange, people can only purchase Zen in $10 increments - not $5 increments so it is clearly impossible to purchase just $25 or $75 worth of Zen.

What's up with that? To get your Commoner's Winter Garb reward you have to purchase $30 of Zen not $25 with neither amount being a purchase option on the PWE charge page (just $10 or $20) and to get the Manticore a person has to purchase $80 worth of Zen and not $75 again neither $75 nor $80 is an option available on the PWE charge page (just $50 or $100)...

How does this even work?

Also just on a passing note, recently I visited the webpage for one of the console games...

On that page a console player can purchase zen amounts of 500, 1,000 and 2,000 and not only get promotional "bonus zen" for their purchases but they are able to make those purchases at a discounted price... a double win for them it seems.

15% additional Zen for a purchase of 500, which normally costs $4.99, now $4.24 -
    20% additional Zen for a purchase of 1,000 regularly $9.99, now $7.99 -
    20% additional Zen for a purchase of 2,000 regularly $19.99, now $15.99 -
    20% additional Zen for a purchase of 5,300 regularly $49.99, now $39.99 -
    25% additional Zen for a purchase of 1,100 Zen regularly $99.99 now $74.99

PC users on the other hand get "stuff" for our zen purchases, at full price...

An uncommon (green) mount for a $10 zen purchase, at full price. A cosmetic costume plus 5 keys, for a $25 purchase at full price, there isn't even a purchase $25 option available for PC users on the PWE charge page, and a character load out slot and 2x blood ruby bonus for a $100 zen purchase.

I don't even use free game provided character load out we have, I certainly don't want to spend $100 for another character load out that I won't use and $100 seems a little pricy for just 2 blood rubies when I can buy three from the Zen market for $20.00

Somehow I get the impression PC users are getting handed the dirty end of the stick with this so called "promotion" - What's Up! ?

presuming your analysis is correct

then to purchase the $25 package - you pay $30 (as you stated) but you have to purchase it in $10 packages (again as you stated)

and this directly implies that you get the reward for the $10 purchase and the reward for the $25 purchase too

this answers one of my non-posted questions

also implies that any package includes the rewards for all previous packages

• Options
    edited November 2017

presuming your analysis is correct

then to purchase the $25 package - you pay $30 (as you stated) but you have to purchase it in $10 packages (again as you stated)

and this directly implies that you get the reward for the $10 purchase and the reward for the $25 purchase too

this answers one of my non-posted questions

also implies that any package includes the rewards for all previous packages

One need not "presume" anything, just check out PWE charge page and it clearly shows the only option for purchasing zen is in $10 increments.

But if you meant the "stuff" one gets for their purchase and If as you say a person will get the tribal polar bear mount AND the commoner's winter garb for a $30 zen purchase, wouldn't that also mean that for a $50 zen purchase a person will get the tribal polar bear mount, the commoner's winter garb and also the character load out with two blood rubies?

Does it really work like that a person buying the maximum $200 purchase gets all the additonal bonus "stuff" for their purchase?

Like I said, for the most part my only experience purchasing zen is back when we used to get bonus zen for our purchases, most of the "stuff" they usually include in these bonus zen promotions now rarely interest me. I'm not much of a "collector" - if I have something that gives certain stats, I don't feel I need another something, with nearly identical stats (the Manticore would be a good example) - just because it "looks different".
    DD~
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    dionchi said:

Does it really work like that a person buying the maximum $200 purchase gets all the additonal bonus "stuff" for their purchase?

It does work like that. I max'ed out the $200 last year over time. They keep track of your purchases through the period of time the promotion goes on. Each time you hit one of the marks--$10 or $25--or $200, you get the items promised. So by the time you hit $200, even if it takes a few weeks, you get everything from the poar bear to the 5 coalescent wards.

Last year the items were better, I don't know that I'll hit $200 this year! :smile: But I am likely to by some Zen and it will add up over time.
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    Someone has to support you freeloaders (jk) so getting free stuff to help keep my NW addiction alive means $200 is reserved for this bonus charge event.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Thanks for the information, it's nice to know someone who makes purchases gets all the items tiered below their purchase amount as well as for the purchase amount, now if they just had, in my opinion, better "stuff"...

I'm not much of a 'collector', ie: why would anyone want another Manticore mount with the exact same or nearly itentical stats - just because it "looks different", the rationalle escapes me but different strokes for different folks I suppose.

Looking over my previous zen purchases and considering the promotional items they are offering, I'm not likely to purchase zen with this upcoming promotion, primarially because of most of the stuff that they are offering doesn't really appeal to me personally.

I think I'll just wait to see if there are any bonus zen promotions or a later promotion with "stuff" I acually consider useful, later on.
    DD~
  • Options
    jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User

r000kie said:

I should probably buy some legendary mount, finally. I cannot believe they did not put one, account wide, in ZEN store, after so much time.

I would have expected something like the Starfade Stag, if that's what it called. Near useless stats, but at least the 140 speed boost.
    We'll likely see Legendary Mounts in Zen Store when they release Mythic grade mounts in Lockboxes but not before they work out how not to devalue the current Legendary Lockbox Mounts. They did pretty well with the Legacy Epic Mounts, maybe Legendary Mounts in Zen store would be a repeatable purchase instead of the current account unlocks we currently have for epic mounts, who knows.

Snowclad Manticore is 7.5k Zen so maybe I will have enough for this Black Friday, here's hoping :)
  • Options
    dafrca#4810 dafrca Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    Ok, I feel dumb but I can't find the new post where they showed the items and tiers. I know I saw it but seach keeps bringing up posts from 2015 or 2016.

Someone please take pity on me and share where I can find it again.
  • Options
    naoqueroforumnaoqueroforum Member Posts: 225 Arc User

dionchi said:

It does work like that. I max'ed out the $200 last year over time. They keep track of your purchases through the period of time the promotion goes on. Each time you hit one of the marks--$10 or $25--or $200, you get the items promised. So by the time you hit $200, even if it takes a few weeks, you get everything from the poar bear to the 5 coalescent wards.

Last year the items were better, I don't know that I'll hit $200 this year! :smile: But I am likely to by some Zen and it will add up over time.
    I think you mean last time, not last year. Last year they did a bait and switch in which one thing was announced (getting all the things below your charge tier) but another was implemented (you had to choose what you got from a set number of points, and the items were pretty much garbage anyway). Then on the last time (this year) they did it right and you could do as you described, and the items were nice.
  • Options

dionchi said:

I think you mean last time, not last year. Last year they did a bait and switch in which one thing was announced (getting all the things below your charge tier) but another was implemented (you had to choose what you got from a set number of points, and the items were pretty much garbage anyway). Then on the last time (this year) they did it right and you could do as you described, and the items were nice.
    You are correct. It was earlier this year.