test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Publishing new version keeps failing.

ukunaka#3833 ukunaka Member Posts: 28 Arc User
I published a quest but after playing it i noticed a major error blocking you from continuing the quest, so i fixed the problem and foundry and attempted to republish, and it failed. i retried publishing and it failed again, i even duplicated the map so it would have a new shortcode and it failed once again! why does it keep failing, it doesnt explain it just sends a mail saying failed to publish, but doesnt give a reason as to why there was a problem.

All failures have occured since the update this morning.
Isis Sahoni - • The Black Blades • Alliance leader • Helm Guild
Knight of Eilistraee - Darksong Knights Leader
T'rissia Veladorn - The Sword Dancers of Eilistraee Leader
Iraedril Mel'lyl - Church of Eilistraee Leader
Siara of Chult - • Mergandevinasander Leader / •
Baevyrae Ss'blis•The Bregan D'aerthe Leader
Ty'ali Kalkana • The Black Blades of Shadow Co-leader
Xun'tana H'tithet - Sword Dancer of Elistraee
Xiara Shadowdancer •TBD•
Chaoxing of Shoulung

Comments

• Options
    iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    Have you tried logging out, waiting a bit, then logging back in? I have had this happen from time to time, and I'm not sure what the reason is either. The most recent time, I logged back in after an hour or so and tried publishing again and it went fine. The editor does an auto save from time to time, but it doesn't always save the last thing you did.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • Options
    well i was offline for 6 hours in between the first and second publishing fails.
    Xiara Shadowdancer •TBD•
    Chaoxing of Shoulung
  • Options
    still haven't been able to publish, around 7-10 attempts so far. its even a newer version.
    Xiara Shadowdancer •TBD•
    Chaoxing of Shoulung
  • Options
    simplyshawnsimplyshawn Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    I'm having the same problem with my quest. Maybe there was a bug in the last patch? Or the publishing server has been down? Let's keep trying and let each other know when it's working again.
    "Just my thoughts I suppose."

[Work in Progress]
    "The Legacy of Shaylia,"
    NW-DITFP6QSI

• Options
    Yep, I fixed a typo found in one of mine and it failed also. With mod 12b on the horizon, a bug report might help, but it may be a while before they get to it.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Multiple attempts from several individuals, all attempts yield "Publish Failed" in the editor. Publish issues appear to have begun after a previous patch, (not certain which one.) Corresponding thread found here:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1234741/publishing-new-version-keeps-failing
  • Options
    Hahaha well, I guess we should be used to it since they never even officially announced bringing the foundry back online.

Can we hope that they’ve taken down the publishing server because they’re planning on formally reviving the foundry in the next mod and need to do maintenance on it? Or am I just too much of a dreamer on that? :tongue:

[Work in Progress]
    "The Legacy of Shaylia,"
    NW-DITFP6QSI

• Options

Yep, I fixed a typo found in one of mine and it failed also. With mod 12b on the horizon, a bug report might help, but it may be a while before they get to it.

sorry i dont check the forums here often so just now saw this but...

i filled out a report a week or so ago and this was their response:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

I understand that you are unable to completely publish a foundry quest. Please be informed that we don't support any foundry quest issues as this is created by our players. You may post your concern in our forums https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/categories/neverwinter-discussion-pc so that you may discuss this with the other members of our community.

Should you have any other concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
    Xillahne
    Game Master
    Perfect World Entertainment
    http://support.arcgames.com/

~~~~~~~~~~~
    Because you know their publisher not working is somehow a "quest issue" and not a "your product is broken" issue
    Xiara Shadowdancer •TBD•
    Chaoxing of Shoulung
  • Options
    elvalianonelvalianon Member Posts: 331 Arc User
    Publisher indeed keeps failing. I hope it will be fixed with this upcoming maintenance, if not next mod? @nitocris83
  • Options
    zebgodwinzebgodwin Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I wouldn't count on it being fixed in the next update. In fact, I wouldn't count on the developers even being aware that there is a problem. Over in STO we had a problem with the Foundry for months, complained over and over, and were promised multiple times that it would be fixed in the next update. Finally somebody who knew one of the devs contacted them directly, and it turned out that the development team had absolutely no clue because nobody had communicated the problem to them. Once they knew about it, it was fixed in a week.

Bottom line - the devs don't read the forum, and the Cryptic employees who do read it don't know enough to tell the difference between a user problem and a system problem. And their communication sucks.
  • Options
    publisher is working again atleast for me
    Xiara Shadowdancer •TBD•
    Chaoxing of Shoulung
  • Options
    Woo! It works for me too!

Thanks @ukunaka#3833 for letting us know, and thanks Cryptic for bringing the publishing server back online :smiley:

[Work in Progress]
    "The Legacy of Shaylia,"
    NW-DITFP6QSI

• Options
    arkanargearkanarge Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    Hallo, old foundry maker back on duty. It seems none of my foundries are publishable either. Also, whenever I leave a map to another, it teleports me to the spawn of the same map not letting me leave? Various parts are broken in my quests like events not happening after killing all the mobs or npcs failing to spawn after interacting with an object. These foundries are untouched since I left in 2014 and worked fine before so its most likely on their end. Anyone have the same problems? Is it possible to fix? Manually redoing everything will be impossible.
    Pls play my quests :C
    - A World of Wonder ( NWS-DAT9OXYQL )
    - Easterden Horror ( NW-DTIKVUOC3 )
  • Options
    arkanarge said:

Hallo, old foundry maker back on duty. It seems none of my foundries are publishable either. Also, whenever I leave a map to another, it teleports me to the spawn of the same map not letting me leave? Various parts are broken in my quests like events not happening after killing all the mobs or npcs failing to spawn after interacting with an object. These foundries are untouched since I left in 2014 and worked fine before so its most likely on their end. Anyone have the same problems? Is it possible to fix? Manually redoing everything will be impossible.

The broken map-transitions have been happening since The Foundry came back online a few months ago, but as was pointed out to me, they work just fine after publishing - it's only in The Foundry that it jumps you back to the start of the same map.

As for events not triggering, I've encountered that one a bunch of times too, but there is a really simple way to get everything working again: Change, add, or subtract any quest objective from that map, save it, play it, then change that objective back. All the "appear/disappear when" triggers should work again after that (including ones unrelated to any objective you change. It seems to just be a compile error).

But once The Foundry comes back online this time, all these bugs should be fixed :)

[Work in Progress]
    "The Legacy of Shaylia,"
    NW-DITFP6QSI

• Options
    arkanargearkanarge Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    FINGERS CROSSED thx for the tip
    Pls play my quests :C
    - A World of Wonder ( NWS-DAT9OXYQL )
    - Easterden Horror ( NW-DTIKVUOC3 )