test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stream Giveaway Question

darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
So I was watching a stream the other day, and they were giving away in-game items (for free). They were giving them out at random with whatever method they were choosing players. I didn't feel like participating, since I wasn't sure if this was against the rules. Are players allowed to give away or receive items for free when streaming or watching a stream?

@nitocris83

Thanks!

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

Best Answer

• Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Answer ✓
    As long as players are not sharing account data or selling items for real-world currency, players may choose to give away items that could be gifted to a guildmate/friend or sold on the AH.

Answers

• Options
    docsnuggles#6615 docsnuggles Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    So if I sell to someone an item worth millions of AD for let's say 100 AD or visa versa that's allowed?
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User

So if I sell to someone an item worth millions of AD for let's say 100 AD or visa versa that's allowed?

That act in itself isn't against any rule...as you are able to sell things for whatever you want of course. However, there are only a couple reason I can think of why you would do that, and it would most certainly trip a red flag somewhere because most of the reasons are not within the rules.
  • Options
    docsnuggles#6615 docsnuggles Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    I better stick to the complete free give aways then. Atleast nobody can say that is against any rules.
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    That would not be the best way to transfer an item like that as someone other than the intended buyer could scoop it up on you. Mail or Trade would be best.

Does your guild do any events with giveaways? We have a guild bank repository full of stuff for this reason and have given away many millions worth of items over the past few years!

• Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

Instead of selling the item, trade it with your friend for an item worth the 100 AD. That is not against the rules as trading is typically between two parties.

For instance, I can give my Trans enchantment away to anyone I chose as long as I am not selling for real world currency.