test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

My quest path is gone. (couldnt find an answer when i searched)

tankstoopertankstooper Member Posts: 9 Arc User
when i started playing the PC version of the game i quickly ran into a issue. my quest path had de-spawned. i cant get it to come back. i tried to unmark and remark it i tried to retrack the path. nothing is working and im stuck cause of this. can someone help me please?

Answers

• Options
    w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User
    Have you maybe accidentally hidden it? Hit the Z key (I think it was z, you may have to check your own keybinds to see what the correct key for quest path toggle is).
  • Options
    @w00trandomsnoobi

Have you maybe accidentally hidden it? Hit the Z key (I think it was z, you may have to check your own keybinds to see what the correct key for quest path toggle is).

i just did that. for me that key was not assigned but i assigned it just now to try it. it didn't work. the path is still missing.
  • Options
    preechr#2215 preechr Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    try logging out and back in... I've had that happen to me when transitions got a little complicated
  • Options
    kreatyve said:

A couple other suggestions.... Are you sure you have a quest path set? Is your quest taking you to a large area, that you might already be in?

yes. i unset it and reset it multiple times.

try logging out and back in... I've had that happen to me when transitions got a little complicated

did that 5 times already. no cigar
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    What quest is giving you this issue? Is the trail appearing for other quests and just not that one?
  • Options
    The only other thing I can think of is that you may be already in the area your quest path would have taken you to... What quest are you working on?

Some quest paths would end in a blue area on your map that indicate what you need is somewhere in there, and you wouldn't see the trail once inside, though some quests have a huge blue area or possibly the whole map

Is the marker on your selected quest in your quest tracker red or yellow?
  • Options
    edited October 2017

The only other thing I can think of is that you may be already in the area your quest path would have taken you to... What quest are you working on?

Some quest paths would end in a blue area on your map that indicate what you need is somewhere in there, and you wouldn't see the trail once inside, though some quests have a huge blue area or possibly the whole map

Is the marker on your selected quest in your quest tracker red or yellow?

yeah i know what you mean. there is no Blue area.

the quests i'm on are
    "Troubled times, Collecting the past, and Hunting the Relics"

im not getting any path for either. i did get one on earlier quests but these 3 it didnt work.
    zebular said:

What quest is giving you this issue? Is the trail appearing for other quests and just not that one?

• Options
    Troubled Times is in PE, and if you are just starting you just have to go to Josef Linkletter's house\
    The other two are in Tower District, and they both cover the entire map, so you wont get a path for those
  • Options

Troubled Times is in PE, and if you are just starting you just have to go to Josef Linkletter's house\
    The other two are in Tower District, and they both cover the entire map, so you wont get a path for those

alright ill look up a guide to get me there and if that works ill be happy. as for the "collecting the pass" where would i turn that into?
  • Options
    Just so you know, The Relic Hunt is a timed event for that area that gives more rewards for more Relics you have when it's over
    A lot of the zones you are going to be questing in have events like this, and they are not really quests, so optional
    The quest will disappear when the event is over
    Collecting the Past is part of the Benign Order of the Third Eye campaign, and you will get the orb fragments you need as you kill mobs in Tower District
  • Options
    Your quest giver for Benign Order of the Third Eye is Sybella, who lives inside the door to the left of Lord Neverember in PE
  • Options

Just so you know, The Relic Hunt is a timed event for that area that gives more rewards for more Relics you have when it's over
    A lot of the zones you are going to be questing in have events like this, and they are not really quests, so optional
    The quest will disappear when the event is over
    Collecting the Past is part of the Benign Order of the Third Eye campaign, and you will get the orb fragments you need as you kill mobs in Tower District

ive collected all of the orbs i just need to turn it in.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Troubled Times is the start of the Plague Tower quests. If it is set as active, the quest path should be visible in Protector's Enclave.

The other two quests require you to search throughout the Tower District. The orb fragments can be anywhere and also drop from mobs. No quest path possible and if a blue area exists, it will cover the entire map.

The Relics are the same except that they don't drop from mobs and are only available during the periodic Relic Hunt contest. So no quest path there either.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    thanks ill use those later today.
    pitshade said:

Troubled Times is the start of the Plague Tower quests. If it is set as active, the quest path should be visible in Protector's Enclave.

The other two quests require you to search throughout the Tower District. The orb fragments can be anywhere and also drop from mobs. No quest path possible and if a blue area exists, it will cover the entire map.

The Relics are the same except that they don't drop from mobs and are only available during the periodic Relic Hunt contest. So no quest path there either.

yeah i know troubled times is supposed to have a path but it doesnt exist for me.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Sometimes the path sinks into the ground. Restarting the client may help as may forxe verifying, but if all else fails, the PE map should have a marker showing Linkletter's house.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

thanks ill use those later today.
    pitshade said:

yeah i know troubled times is supposed to have a path but it doesnt exist for me.
    For the Benign Order of the 3rd Eye - after you have collected all the orbs, you don't really get a "path" - you have to open your campaign and do the last task for that campaign. Then go back and talk to Sybella in Protector's Enclave one last time.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options

alright when i finally found him i went inside started getting quest lines. now im getting them not sure how long they will last.