test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

All Platforms - Extended Maintenance [10/17] - [COMPLETE]

Comments

• ibz4ez#9773 ibz4ez Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    2 hour delays on maintenance, both times this was only announced on the launcher 5 minutes before the hour was up. If you're going to do maintenance then please stop f*cking around with the timings. If you need more time to get it right that's fine, but keep us in the loop please.

What exactly are you doing anyway? Did someone spill their coffee on the login server?

*EDIT
    Looking at some other users in UK who are in the same boat as me with regards to VIP.
    Seeing as it is a subscribed service, I should expect that no further delays be implemented for the sake decency. People in the UK go to work same as people in the US and seeing as peak times for UK users is exactly this maintenance schedule anyone who fails to claim VIP this day should receive 2x rewards for tomorrow.
  • draugkirdraugkir Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    another hour? dam :p
  • benyrbenyr Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    Completely appreciate maintainance is essential, but when its scheduled to go on for so long - and it almost always seems to last longer than advised- pulling it it forward by an hour or two whould seem reasonable so that certain time zones dont lose an entire day. For those of us affected maybe a free lockbox key to make up for the one im missing out on through VIP today and some form of compensation to make up for the AD and seals I cant refine / earn?
  • yiazzyyiazzy Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    It's up on Xbox. I'm running around Chult as we speak
  • azurecrimzon82azurecrimzon82 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Missed a whole freaking day that I could have been farming salvagables since I was off work today....BUT....NOOOOOOOO!!
  • azurecrimzon82azurecrimzon82 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    And it's up, about time. I gotcha didn't I?
  • ngitzngitz Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    it's live now i guess.. :)
  • antimidas007antimidas007 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    we got green.....
  • zlodayanatolichzlodayanatolich Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    It's time to stop whining like a little girl! It's only a game. Just wait.
    Anyone else still unable to login to preview?
  • maiden333maiden333 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    not up in the uk
  • brewskinbrewskin Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Not up on PS4 SE US.
  • mitravah#1311 mitravah Member Posts: 2 New User
    I'm a coder so I know full well that they have cheap access to the messages that go out to the games when the servers are down. Having people just not be able to connect and not having a server down message on the front of your webpage is something you would expect in the late 90's when this stuff was new. Ultima online with it's twenty year old game is better than that so come on, really. Also saying it's too expensive to try it out on a server before you roll it out to all of them is a shallow attempt at deception. Even a crash machine that's nothing more than a laptop would work to test this stuff before you roll it out like a blanket. You can even offer a testing server where they wipe it every month and give you free stuff. No one would have much to complain about if next months update were to crash the server or make it hard to use to a backup can restore it. There are better ways that don't cost more but people would need to do work a little more often at work and restructure things so that this is the expectation. Regular effort at anything pays off big time in life. There is no magic shortcut in life friend
  • hopeless02hopeless02 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    It's working now
  • flame2216#4658 flame2216 Member Posts: 1 New User
    PC and Xbox is up. They are still working on PS4.
  • bloodaxe#6326 bloodaxe Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Still no ps4
    Issue with ArcGames download server. Neverwinter Preview Character Copy is now working, but the Neverwinter preview shard is not. PS4 is also still down.
  • shadowmaster#3288 shadowmaster Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Wow. Sure taking long time to get PS4 up. Any other game I play Compensate for lost gaming time with I game currency for taking longer than 1 hr down time. Bet y’all won’t smh. Killing the game for new players and just aggravating the ones been playing with this all day down time especially if they spent real money to play. Disappointing to say the least
  • thrill#1417 thrill Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    Looking forward to an announcement giving another day of VIP to PS4 players. Mind you, not an extra day, THIS day.
  • dinkleberg#6644 dinkleberg Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    > @lowjohn said:
    > So as galactic underwear would say what ya ninja nerfing this time
    >
    > "All Cryptic games" means this probably has nothing to do with Neverwinter, it's something about their data centre or infrastructure.

Yes and they would NEVER sneakers something in. PS4 is owed SOME THINK for this ridiculous delay...
  • cahbomb#7149 cahbomb Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    And for the people wanting a free day of vip and other kinds of compensation for this , good luck lol you have a better chance at getting Kanye West to act humble
  • morbidru#5111 morbidru Member Posts: 2 Arc User

Now I wonder why companys like Google, Microsoft, Apple, Netflix, Amazon, Comcast, Verizon, etc etc etc do maintenance work in the middle of the night in designated maintenance windows?

Oh yeah. Because if they have an 8 hour service outage they're expected to have a goddam good reason for it. Not our IT guy sleeps in until 10am.

You do realize the world has different time zones? this maintenance affect some more than others, there is no perfect time for things like this because its always daytime somewhere
  • mynx#2254 mynx Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    This is why I just can't donate to neverwinter. I've wasted several hours trying to check if neverwinter is on. Ridiculous...
    I would assume there is a different team of people that work on each platform, maybe I'm wrong but seems like it would be the best way to do it, if it is the case then it seems xbox and pc have the dream teams while ps4 is sitting over here with the effin scooby gang
  • wyldemoonewyldemoone Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    > @n8hfx#3206 said:
    > Now I wonder why companys like Google, Microsoft, Apple, Netflix, Amazon, Comcast, Verizon, etc etc etc do maintenance work in the middle of the night in designated maintenance windows?

This is kind of a frivolous gripe for an MMO with international access, don't you think? It's always "the middle of the night" /somewhere/ - what you're really saying here is "why can't everything operate on my North American schedule, dammit?!"
  • nosman29#8014 nosman29 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    wow this is crazy but it is just game ....so for all the people that are vip do you get to have 2 key when we log in on the 18 of October of are we going to just not get the vip key i am on ps4 btw
    if it isn't back up tonight sometime they'll at most extend your vip for an extra day, chances are it'll be up soon though and they'll just call it an extended downtime and give you nada
  • aetherdeath#7242 aetherdeath Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Well US servers just went down again
  • wyldemoonewyldemoone Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Well it appears the account server is back up at least... getting the preview screen now, just no login yet. At least there's some progress being made...
    I dunno, seeing the play button but not being able to click into it is almost worse lol
This discussion has been closed.