What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Swords of Chult Preview Patch Notes: NW.90.20170926a.1

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
Highlights

Inventory Update
General
  • The filter now more consistently shows all the items that match the criteria.

Patronage System
General
  • Certain Storm King's Thunder campaign tasks are now properly discounted when a Patron Token has been used.
  • Patron Token campaign currency costs have been lowered.

Refinement Update
General
  • Slotted enchantments can once again properly be upgraded if they fail to upgrade once.
  • The "Upgrade Failure" message now properly appears when failing to upgrade Rank 6 shards of Weapon or Armor Enhancements, when a ward is not slotted.
  • When converting in bulk, the system now more correctly avoids letting players convert items to Refinement Points if it'd put them over the RP cap.

Release Notes

Content and Environment
Merchant Prince's Folly
  • Accreditation for Day of the Dungeon Master is no longer incorrectly given from this Skirmish while the player is directed toward Throne of the Dwarven God or Prophecy of Madness.
  • Players now properly receive the appropriate rewards for their party's ranking.
  • Scores can no longer incorrectly drop below 0.
  • The mid-gameplay dialog directing players to the courtyard should now be a little less spammy.
  • The T-rex should now be more difficult to avoid.

Combat and Powers
Enchantments and Enhancements
  • Tenebrous Enchantment no longer multi-procs if the player has multiple slotted.
  • The Quartermaster Enchantment now grants appropriate rewards at its new ranks.

Items and Economy
General
  • Artifact Equipment is now tagged as Artifact Equipment (rather than Artifact Weapon).
  • Chult Hunt drops are now more consistently granted to players who contribute significantly to the kill, even if they aren't in the most highly-contributing party.
  • Portobello's Game: Accreditation no longer incorrectly counts toward the cap when simply viewed / previewed from the Profession Task UI (and possibly others).
  • The amount of materials required to restore relic armor has been reduced.
    • Restoration no longer requires voninblod to restore (this does not affect voninblod empowerement.)
    • The amount of lanolin required by all items has been reduced to 5.
    • All other materials have had their required amounts reduced to 1.
  • The cost of all testimonies used in restoring vivified relic armor sold by the historian in Bryn Shander has been reduced to 1 Ostorian tale carving per testimony.
  • Various companion audio has been updated.
  • Various potion buff icons have been updated to match their related item icons.

User Interface
HUD
  • NPC names once again appropriately appear when targeting the NPC.
Loadouts
  • Players are no longer incorrectly restricted from swapping Loadouts when they're swapping out unique items.
Queues
  • A given queue's additional information now appears more consistently in the lower-right pane of the Queue UI.
  • Players are now auto-removed from a Queue Group if they're disconnected for 5 minutes, rather than immediately upon disconnect.
  • There is now a "Match Management" button at the bottom of the Queue UI, which allows the queue group to request reinforcements or initiate a vote to abandon the instance.
Scoreboard
  • The next rank's icon is now displayed on the right side of ranked scoreboard bars, to better illustrate that the bar shows progress to the next rank.

Character Art, Audio, Animation, and Visual Effects
General
  • The Ice Panther no longer whinnies like a horse when unsummoned.
  • Various older companions now have appropriate animations for when they're affected by Crowd Control effects.
    • Among these companions are the Hawk, Lillend, Gorgon, Bulette, and Rust Monster.
  • Various cutscenes have seen minor improvements.

Comments

• Options
    gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Is the issue where KoS Hunt drops rings other than dino rings still happening or is that WAI? 'cause if it's WAI, what the HAMSTER, man. When I kill a dinosaur I want a dino ring, not a freakkin' undead slayer. You made the only decent ring for DPS classes stupidly hard to get.
  • Options
    cattman5cattman5 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Wait. There is an RP cap! Are you kidding me. Is this like the AD refine cap? What is the number? It better be like 3mil. If it is.
  • Options
    muminekm#3459 muminekm Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    cattman5 said:

Wait. There is an RP cap! Are you kidding me. Is this like the AD refine cap? What is the number? It better be like 3mil. If it is.

I think it's around 50 mil? And since all RP cost and worth was cut by 10 it's equal to 500 mil RP before mod 12b. Per character. It's more like the cap to avoid system errors (too big numbers..) than something you need to think of. It works like AD cap (400 mil per char).
  • Options
    cattman5cattman5 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    > @muminekm#3459 said:
    > Wait. There is an RP cap! Are you kidding me. Is this like the AD refine cap? What is the number? It better be like 3mil. If it is.
    >
    > I think it's around 50 mil? And since all RP cost and worth was cut by 10 it's equal to 500 mil RP before mod 12b. Per character. It's more like the cap to avoid system errors (too big numbers..) than something you need to think of. It works like AD cap (400 mil per char).

Ok. Thanks for the reply. I feel better now.
  • Options
    lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    Can you clarify "Chult Hunt drops are now more consistently granted to players who contribute significantly to the kill, even if they aren't in the most highly-contributing party."?

So if I spend my lure and start a hunt, and some random guy sprints up and smashes it and he does way more damage than I did, he's going to get the loot and not me? From *my* lure?

Or will he just *also* have a chance at *separate* loot?
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    lowjohn said:

Can you clarify "Chult Hunt drops are now more consistently granted to players who contribute significantly to the kill, even if they aren't in the most highly-contributing party."?

So if I spend my lure and start a hunt, and some random guy sprints up and smashes it and he does way more damage than I did, he's going to get the loot and not me? From *my* lure?

This question had also occurred to me. The note can be interpreted as meaning a hunt summoner could easily have their loot ninjaed, and should be clarified.

Or is this about the rare mobs? Like if you tag a smilodon it still might drop you a tooth even if you didn't do much damage to it?
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    brewaldbrewald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 212 Arc User

lowjohn said:

This question had also occurred to me. The note can be interpreted as meaning a hunt summoner could easily have their loot ninjaed, and should be clarified.

Or is this about the rare mobs? Like if you tag a smilodon it still might drop you a tooth even if you didn't do much damage to it?
    absolutly agree, don't want to be ninjaed on my summoned boss.

About rare mobs, it's currently effective, so...
    Brewald - GWF 18.3k
    Eleonore - CW Mof Renegade 17.5k
    Harlgard le Vieux - OP Prot 18.3k
    Valrik - DC AC 18.2k
    Furiela - SW Temp 18.1k
  • Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    terramak said:

Items and Economy

The amount of materials required to restore relic armor has been reduced.
    • Restoration no longer requires voninblod to restore (this does not affect voninblod empowerement.)
    The cost of all testimonies used in restoring vivified relic armor sold by the historian in Bryn Shander has been reduced to 1 Ostorian tale carving per testimony.
    Okay, so correct me if I'm wrong, but will we still need Voninblod to Vivify armor pieces?

• Options
    edited September 2017
    rjc9000 said:

Okay, so correct me if I'm wrong, but will we still need Voninblod to Vivify armor pieces?

Looks like it. But that's OK, because it still requires Tale Carvings, meaning it still requires MSVA.

This looks like a really good change: it makes the seals people get as early as T1s provide powerful T2 armor, which will "decay" when unempowered but still be better than most things dropping in T1 dungeons. Then when you start doing T2s and reach Storm King's Thunder or River District, you'll start getting Voninblood to upgrade your armor without changing pieces. And you can still trade out the unempowered/partially empowered pieces as you go and as you get lucky drops from other content.
  • Options
    araxelvenaraxelven Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    For those who were curious about the QM change, I tested 5x QM R14 and got the same enchants in the same proportion as you'd get by opening the bags at 10.5 or 11%.

Two other remarks:
    1. Every enchant on my character was full of RP, meaning that I did not have to feed it to upgrade to R13 and R14. I assume this is only for testing?
    2. I'm really doubting the 3% upgrade chance. It took me almost 250 wards to upgrade my five enchants to R13. Is it possible that some of the math for the upgrade mechanism may be a little off?
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    araxelven said:

F

I'm really doubting the 3% upgrade chance. It took me almost 250 wards to upgrade my five enchants to R13. Is it possible that some of the math for the upgrade mechanism may be a little off?
    5 successes in 250 attempts at a 3% is about a 10% chance - so your result is unluckier than average but not unusual at all.

For comparison, "less than 5" happens ~13% of the time, and "more than 5" happens ~76% of the time.

Put another way: 23% of people, which is almost 1 in 4, will take 250 *or more* attempts to get 5 upgrades at 3%.

And with 250 wards and going after 3% chances, your expected number of successes is only 7.5: 50% of people will only get 7 or less, 50% of people will get 8 or more.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    One companion oddity: when the Quasit jumps over an obstacle, the audio is of a human male.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    hustin1 said:

One companion oddity: when the Quasit jumps over an obstacle, the audio is of a human male.

It's been like that since it was released. I forgot about it.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    maxthakillamaxthakilla Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Can you fix the backstabbing issue on the turtle boss in FBI with the Shadow Demon Companion please?
  • Options
    terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    brewald said:

lowjohn said:

Good questions, I'll try to massage the wording a bit better. If I interpret the change log correctly:
    * All players who would have qualified to get the drop before this change will still get the drop.
    * The drop should now be expanded to more players who contributed to the kill.

The T-Rex fang is a specific example.
  • Options
    So applicable to automatically spawned mobs that drop items which are then used in hunts, but not the hunt bosses which should only be dropping loot for the party that summoned them?

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    manipulosmanipulos Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    terramak said:

The amount of materials required to restore relic armor has been reduced.
    I don't know if this has already been asked and answered, but why don't you just put the restored version for purchase at the vendor?

We've had to explain the process to new players in our guild recently and it doesn't make sense to me that you still have to restore it when it replaced gear that was ready to wear right at the time of purchase. After these changes it really doesn't make sense since you won't even need the voninblood, all the materials are right there at the vendor.

It's not a big deal, just trying to show it from the perspective of a new player.

• Options
    manipulos said:

We've had to explain the process to new players in our guild recently

It does come up a lot. Someone says in chat (alliance, or PE zone) they just bought this armor but now they have no idea what to do with it.

Don't ask me why people buy things without understanding how it works first, but they do. A lot.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    terramak said:

brewald said:

lowjohn said:

Good questions, I'll try to massage the wording a bit better. If I interpret the change log correctly:
    * All players who would have qualified to get the drop before this change will still get the drop.

I'm sorry but I'm still not sure.

Are you talking of the rare creatures (T-rex, bigclaw, smilodon, venomtail etc...), the hunt targets (hedetet, karkinos, fang of dendar, spli-ti etc...) or both?

The rare creatures drop an item for each eligible player. Adding more eligible players is fine.

The hunt targets only drop loot for one player. All eligible players can see the loot but only one can take it. Adding more eligible players in this case would have terrible consequences. (random player joining the fight and stealing the loot)
  • Options
    bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    terramak said:

brewald said:

lowjohn said:

So is everything going to drop a lure loot piece for anyone who damaged it like the t-rex fang? IE If me and my friend are partied up and we kill a venomtail together do we both get venomtail poison instead of rolling on the one poison?
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• Options
    darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    edited October 2017

terramak said:

brewald said:

lowjohn said:

So is everything going to drop a lure loot piece for anyone who damaged it like the t-rex fang? IE If me and my friend are partied up and we kill a venomtail together do we both get venomtail poison instead of rolling on the one poison?
    Isn't it just related to this fix?
    miasmat said:

So we ended up figuring out what was going wrong. Thanks to a lovely group of players who let me tag a long and mess with their playstyle.

We learned that if there are multiple teams involved in the kill, the team that did the most damage all get their fangs. The other teams will only get 1 fang per team.

There's a fix for it going live... "soon"? It should be on the PC Preview shard today. It'll make it to the real PC and console shards as soon as we can do it safely.

In the mean time, please either team up with everyone who is killing the t-rex in your instance, or split into solo teams before the t-rex dies.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/comment/12990273

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• Options
    chemjeffchemjeff Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    terramak said:

The Ice Panther no longer whinnies like a horse when unsummoned.

My Ice Panther votes "neigh" on this change!
This discussion has been closed.