test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Developer Blog: Bosses of Tomb of the Nine Gods

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
As Console players prepare to enter the Tomb of the Nine Gods, systems designer @asterdahl showcases the three boss fights!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10654274

Comments

• sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    Console was in there yesterday already, I am not sure how, maybe my math is wrong or something is bugged, I thought it needed the 4th week but people were able to get in on week 3...
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User

Console was in there yesterday already, I am not sure how, maybe my math is wrong or something is bugged, I thought it needed the 4th week but people were able to get in on week 3...

#1: The bonus 50 Totems from the New Module Release bag don't count towards the weekly limit.
    #2: The bonus 25 Totems from Hunts each week don't count towards the weekly limit.
    #3: The Zen companion that gives bonus totems isn't limited by the weekly, and gives one totem even if the task gives zero because you're at the weekly limit.

With #3 it's theoretically possible to farm your way to unlock everything in week 1, but it would take way too long. But between those three, and the fact that each time you raise the weekly cap you can go do the weekly again and hit it immediately?

That's 200 totems in week 1 alone, not counting the zen companion.
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    I wonder if the bug on the companion that was fixed for PC is still there on consoles? It gave more totems that it should have.
    I aim to misbehave
  • omnioromnior Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    I hope your design team is giving thought to how the upcoming nerf to bonding stones is going to affect the difficulty of the more recently released dungeons. I could be wrong, but I have the impression that your efforts at balancing the difficulty level were based on teams of adventurers that were at or near max item level, with 3x rank 12 bonding stones equipped.
  • redrocketx3#2856 redrocketx3 Member Posts: 2 New User
    > @omnior said:
    > I hope your design team is giving thought to how the upcoming nerf to bonding stones is going to affect the difficulty of the more recently released dungeons. I could be wrong, but I have the impression that your efforts at balancing the difficulty level were based on teams of adventurers that were at or near max item level, with 3x rank 12 bonding stones equipped.

"Dificulty" Lol!
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    omnior said:

I hope your design team is giving thought to how the upcoming nerf to bonding stones is going to affect the difficulty of the more recently released dungeons. I could be wrong, but I have the impression that your efforts at balancing the difficulty level were based on teams of adventurers that were at or near max item level, with 3x rank 12 bonding stones equipped.

Well...You don't *have* to have a 16K IL team with 3xR12 bonding runestones and 2 DCs tp finish ToNG. Sure, it is "nice to have", in particular if you want to finish in less than 30 minutes, but by no means required.

The trash mobs and the second boss are easy enough - the real difficulty in ToNG comes from two sources.
    1. The DPS race with the first boss. You really want to kill him before the TempHP pool of the person responsible for handling the green balls runs out. If the group does not have enough total DPS, they will most probably wipe.
    2. The final boss is easy, as long as people focus on killing all of the souls, and are careful not to fall off the edge. That's it - that's really all that is necessary.
    My opinion is that for ToNG is that the ability to coordinate is much, much more important than gear.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    adinosii said:

My opinion is that for ToNG is that the ability to coordinate is much, much more important than gear.

Just like the old CN used to be.

I aim to misbehave
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    I forgot about the companion, maybe that is the trick, I am just jealous really because it will be at least 3 more weeks before I can even think about going...
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies