test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Toon becomes locked into combat

Hi all,
Since mod 12 dropped i'm having problems with my GF. Somehow i'm getting locked into combat, even after all my opponents are dead and i'm not taking damage I still have a grayed out map and can't zone. The only solution i've found so far is defeating myself. I've had this problem happen in Cthult and in the River district so far. If it helps the loadout i'm using is the conquerer build with a dancing shield as my companion. Knights Valor is not be used.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Options
    masticore#3287 masticore Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    Same thing has happened to me, even before mod12. Has happened in RD and SoMI. I usually relog to fix. I've also had an issue about not being able to change loadout, it says cannot change because an item is on cooldown. None of my artifacts are on cooldown, and usually a relog fixes it, but not everytime.
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for the report! Are other players experiencing this? If so, finding similarities in artifact/companions/build would really help with reproducing this issue on our end.
  • Options
    onodrainonodrain Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    I had this issue on my HR over the weekend on my PC. I was stuck in my Clear the Ground animation in Dread Ring. I have Sylph as my summoned companion. I am a Stormwarden Combat HR. I have never had this occur before and it happened just this once.
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited September 2017
    This may well be due to non-combat powers being dodged/deflected. A fix was included in the most recent patch on Preview.
    terramak said:

We've made a significant change in the back-end to how dodges and deflections occur. Now, feats and other effects that proc on Dodge or Deflect now only do so when affecting incoming damage.
    This should result in fewer occasions where the player character is suddenly put into combat, and as a result should also result in fewer cases where a Companion runs off to attack an enemy the player has not yet engaged.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1234555/module-12b-preview-patch-notes-nw-90-20170911a-1/p1

Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    I get this with my DC in all zones, with or without companion summoned. I’ve been in my stronghold at the mimic and the screen will keep showing ‘Avatar’. It makes using a horse, postbox, signpost, etc quite the challenge.
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
  • Options
    brewaldbrewald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Toons locked in combat mode on Neverwinter PC:
    - Human woman OP Devotion
    - Drake woman OP Protection

Identified reasons:
    - None
    - That happen only on Womens OP
    Brewald - GWF 18.3k
    Eleonore - CW Mof Renegade 17.5k
    Harlgard le Vieux - OP Prot 18.3k
    Valrik - DC AC 18.2k
    Furiela - SW Temp 18.1k
  • Options
    falcongod#1790 falcongod Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I'm not sure if it's caused by deflection or maybe mount insignia powers? All I know is that it is frustrating. When it was happening to me in the River District a GWF party member had it happening to him as well. Maybe it was ITF?
  • Options
    leik012#2153 leik012 Member Posts: 1 New User
    i have a decripted error
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    brewald said:

Toons locked in combat mode on Neverwinter PC:
    - Human woman OP Devotion
    - Drake woman OP Protection

Identified reasons:
    - None
    - That happen only on Womens OP

Just to add to this on PS4 - there are holes in the ground that only female characters get stuck in. Not sure if you guys know that or not. I mean we can jump out of them but the male characters just run across, we fall in and have to jump out.

On PS4 my Tiefling OP gets stuck in combat (on both Prot and Dev) and has since mod 11.

Someone told me it had to do with the everfrost pants and shirt but I've not confirmed that.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    jrdiiorio#8134 jrdiiorio Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    On PS4 this happened twice within 30 mins to me in the port of the chult area. Locked into combat and could not activate the daily missions or go into the jungle area. Had to defeat myself. Char was a dragon born tr.
  • Options
    onodrainonodrain Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    On PC my DC and OP get stuck in combat due to using AE healing powers. Both are women.

On DC, Light of Divinity will keep me in combat. When I change to another power, it takes me out of combat.

On OP, Bond of Virtue will keep me in combat. Turning off the power takes me out of combat. I never use Aura of Divinity, but since it works similarly, I would expect it to do the same thing.
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    ravenskya said:

Just to add to this on PS4 - there are holes in the ground that only female characters get stuck in. Not sure if you guys know that or not. I mean we can jump out of them but the male characters just run across, we fall in and have to jump out.

Are these holes in specific locations? That is quite the unusual bug O.o
  • Options
    cellablockcellablock Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    nitocris83 wrote: »

my main is a female halfling gwf and it happens in tong of the nine gods dungeon once i enter inside​​
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User

ravenskya said:

There is one in MSPC, right when you get into the room where you collect the books. If you run in and try to cut a hard left toward the first group - the girls drop down into a hole up to about their knees. The guys just charge passed. We then went back and confirmed that only the female toons were dropping into that dip.

I know there were others but that's the first one that pops to mind.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    carl#6379 carl Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    What Falcongod's original post stated is exactly what happened to me and other guild members regularly in the Sea of Moving Ice. We noticed it several months ago. This issue would make it impossible to enter the water without your boat and causing you to instantly die. Even after respawning, you'd still be locked in combat. Since you could still access the inventory, I started carrying Moonstone Mask teleport scrolls to leave the area before returning. Sometimes the issue would trigger again once returning. I hadn't heard it happening anywhere else until reading this thread. All of us are different levels, with different companions, etc., so there's no easy way to pinpoint the issue. I haven't noticed it in at least a month, though I haven't spent much time in the area recently.