test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Accidentally discarded equipped Artifact Neck.

adamwoodheadadamwoodhead Member Posts: 14 Arc User
edited August 2017 in Peer to Peer Tech Forum
I was attempting to quickly refine some gear into my Artifact Neck when I scrolled to far and accidentally selected "discard" instead of "refine" .
Is it possible to reverse this action as it was close to Legendary quality and was obtained as a quest reward so am not sure how I can reaquire it. It also had a Rank 10 Radiant and 8 Fey enchantment equipped in it.

It was the Bathomets Neck piece on character Zander@AdamW79 (PS4)
Post edited by adamwoodhead on

Comments

• Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    Put in a support ticket and hope for the best.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    Alas, as Oldy said, you'll need to contact Support. In rare cases, they can restore items but generally when it is user error, they won't. It won't hurt to ask them. You can contact them here. The click "Submit Ticket." Good luck!
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies I have issued a support ticket but figured wouldn't hurt to double the exposure to the issue.
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    I discarded 99 opals before when refining.. they said too bad....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    heraldfayez#8520 heraldfayez Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    it also happened to me once i discarded a stack of rank 8 runes and i never sent support or anything mistakes hapen all tiem but i jsut learned to be extra careful though recently they have added a discard by type sentences for epic items and above so very good move of thier side to help lessen the problem
  • Options
    peregr1nusperegr1nus Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    When discarding some items you have to first write down the name of it in a popup window in order to discard it, just like when deleting a character. But I havent seen this on any expensive items... only on trash.
  • Options
    Should also apply to equipped items or items with enchants in them to prevent losing more than intended but as you said is only the crappy items, I'm actually surprised why the discard option isn't greyed out when item is equipped like salvage when not at anvil
  • Options
    tjunk312#5860 tjunk312 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I've had a similar issue as well. Was issued a ticket and its been 4 days with no replies. The developers should move the discard menu option AWAY from the refine option ideally or have the discard option as one member mentioned requiring text submission verification. Haven't played since as I'm waiting for feedback - plus side is having more free time and MONEY
  • Options
    marcm713#3446 marcm713 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Has happened to me twice now. Last time I nearly quit the game for good. The team got me my sigil back but at square one as far as refinement is concerned. I wouldn't expect much more than that.

The challenge is the PS4 controller. The "X" sometimes is aggressive so you bypass the "are you sure you want to do this dumb thing" notice. I suggested to them that they A) change the "are you sure" notice to a different key/button or make it such that you cannot discard an equipped item.

Good luck on your recovery.