test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PS4- how do i change in-game language to english

someone in my guild is trying to change the language displayed in neverwinter to English, it is currently in german for him. how would he go about doing this?

Comments

• Options
    ddaironddairon Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Hey guys,
    how to change Neverwinter language on PS4?
    I'm starting play it and I can't see the option to change language in game menu.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    I searched all around on my PS4 and in the game and even tried changing the console's language, even after restarting the console in a different language, the was no change to the language in Neverwinter. Sending out a query about this now, trying to get an answer for you guys hopefully today sometime.
  • Options
    zacionzacion Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    zebular said:

I searched all around on my PS4 and in the game and even tried changing the console's language, even after restarting the console in a different language, the was no change to the language in Neverwinter. Sending out a query about this now, trying to get an answer for you guys hopefully today sometime.

cool, thank you so much for helping
  • Options
    scanix#5133 scanix Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    I am German, too. Setting the PS4's language to English will change the game's language to English as well. Unfortunately that is the way for most of the games as console games rarely have a language setting themselves.
  • Options
    zacionzacion Member Posts: 4 Arc User

I am German, too. Setting the PS4's language to English will change the game's language to English as well. Unfortunately that is the way for most of the games as console games rarely have a language setting themselves.

strange... I tried doing that in reverse to see if it would change it for him, but it didn't change for me
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    zacion said:

strange... I tried doing that in reverse to see if it would change it for him, but it didn't change for me
    I also tried changing my PS4's language to German and it did not change the game's language. I even tried rebooting the XBOX while it was in German then loaded Neverwinter again, which was still in English. Poking the PS4 team again for an answer to this. Thanks for your patience!

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Ok, just got an answer for ya'll.

Alas, the SKU of the game in German, French, Italian, and Russian languages is a different SKU than the English version. Switching between German, French, Italian, and Russian only needs one to change the system's language. To get it to be in English however means you'll need to reinstall the game while the system is already set to English.

So, to get it to English from any other language, you'll need to:
    1) Uninstall the game from the console.
    2) Change the console's system language to English.
    3) Reinstall the game on the console.