test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stop complaining about SoD please!

Hello again! :)

I'm watching the people complaining about new SoD, saying that TRs will hit for 500M+, that SOD is the new MF and etc... So... let's try to understand how this will work.

The debuffs are capped to 300% (4x dmg) and r even harder to reach the cap because Diminishing Returns. so the max dmg we can reach after the patch is arround 2.5x ~~ 3x base dmg (4x is almost impossible bc DR, maybe possible in Tiamat's Temple, but the Dragon Heads wont live enough to see a SOD proc :P).

Ive played in some hardbuff/debuff MSVA groups on live .. with 8 Sellswords, and all debuffs and buffs u can find on the game, and my largest hit was 16M, its on a perfect scenario when u can hit for 6 secs with full stacked DF and buffs without interruption (almost imposible on FBI MSP and Tomb of the Nine) so i done 32 M in 6 secs + 16 M = 48M, if we add the actual debuffs it would be 16M x (2.5~3) = (40M~~ 48M) + 32M, so we got 72M~~80M dmg in 6 seconds on a 10 man high end group! u guys alrdy saw a GF doing 60M Griffons Wrath (3x20M) in less than 2 seconds.. if we add wheel of elements its 78 M in less than 2 secs! on a 5 man dungeon! (Im not counting the time needed to stack buffs and debuffs in both cases). Based on that we can conclude thats not a game breaking change.. it just make TRs on par with the GODs OF THE GAME ATM, so please stop making noise and complaining about SOD, IT WILL NOT BREAK THE GAME! The MAX range of SoD dmg is arround 40~~60M, but in terms of damage per second TRs will be on par with GWFs and GFs on single target! But you will not see this numbers constantly, because it demands a high amout of buffs and debuffs and a perfect timing to accumulate a decent amount of dmg in 6 seconds.

*There are REAL bugs that should be fixed, when 2 rogues proc SOD, the first who proced it will get the dmg of the second In account to the SoD dmg, and second will get only his own dmg in account. I dont know if it workd for more than 2 SoDs procs, but it still a huge bug... and with this piercing dmg change it will be even more evident and harmful, so it need to be fixed!
*Also WOB is stacking Indefinitely, rogues with Sigil of Devoted and Artificers insignias can reach insane amounts of power over 1M!

Theres a FBI video on preview server, now with GF and Aura of Courage... max SoD hit was 36 M

(Sorry i forgot to start recording at the start :P )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVYIYzH16qE

If you saw something broken with the game and want to call it a bug please make a thread on 'Bug Report' Section with evidences.

Again sorry for bad english, im not a native speaker hehe :P

Mara Canà - Trickster Rogue 15k - Strawberry Yakuza

Comments

• Options
    nninjannoob#2956 nninjannoob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 50 Arc User
    The best TR
    -Perséfone
    Selûne | Merlin

• Strawberry Yakuza •

• Options
    gbrlpf22gbrlpf22 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2017

yea naw bro that's game breaking stuff and to be honest anything doing that much damage can litterlly one shot stuff, like rofl really your backing something that's broken and can cause major problems if buffed right im hearing 500mill in some reports iv seen, Shadow of demise is basically OP broken from what im seeing, that's just ridiculous man come on you have to admit you will have nothing but a bunch of TRs running around and you probly wont be able to get a straight party after that, so if your agreeing with this bug, lol you should go cry for them to put Killing flames on Scourage warlocks back to doing 23 mill non crits and 65mill crits or more lol so they nerfed that quick I imagine the same will occur here in this situation iv been on the devs and mods day to day checking constantly with them about this waiting to see what they are going to do, lol I hope they stomp on this like a fire!!!!

500M is totally nonsense, even without the changes u need 250M+ in 6 secs and 400% effectveness to hit like that... stop using a clueless argument........ my maximum with an almost BiS TR was 32 M in 6 secs.. if its real the problem wasnt the SoD....

Like i said the MAX range (YEAH WHEN U TAKE DEBUFFS TO THE LIMIT! ) on SoD is something between 40~~60M nothing more, debuffs r capped u know that? it doesnt scale Indefinitely, and in terms of damage per second it still next to GWFs and GFs on SINGLE TARGET! Those numbers r alrdy on the game... dont be so scared :P

"that's just ridiculous man come on you have to admit you will have nothing but a bunch of TRs running around and you probly wont be able to get a straight party after that" We arldy have Overpowered Classes on the game and it doesnt happen, TR will not become a mindless class because that....

But... I listed some bugs wich really breaks the game and must be fixed or reworked in the case of WoB.
  • Options
    darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Avatar of Orcus has some type of damage multiplier on him, which causes all damage (not just SoD) to be higher than normal. This boss is being used to create some of these crazy high damage SoD procs. I haven't seen one as high as 500 million, but they get much higher on Avatar of Orcus than they would on say your Dragon Turtle example. However, this isn't exclusive to SoD as far as I know, and is just a general increase of all damage to the Avatar of Orcus.

I personally do not like the way SoD is currently working on preview, specifically because it changes the meaning of debuffs in a way that doesn't make sense. Not because I think it is or isn't broken. 200% effectiveness should double your damage. With the way SoD is currently working, it does more than that. While SoD is active (6 seconds), a 200% effective target will take 2.66 times more damage than they would if they were at 100% effectiveness. Is this broken? Probably not. Is this intuitive as far as debuffs go? Probably not. That's why I don't like it. 200% effectiveness should in general mean double damage. Isn't this part of the reason piercing damage was being changed in the first place?

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• Options
    edited July 2017
    WOW I didnt know about this boss mechanic... yeee it add a kinda weird overscalling effect to the game... IDK how to measure it, but this should be taken into account when changing a mechanic like SoD. :(

But yeah, apart from that SoD is pretty balanced, even by using a double dip mechanic its capped, that was my point... PPL r scared and yelling thats a bug and will break the game based in rumors... I was just trying to clarify how it will really works. :D

@dathtzarr Thanks for ur constructive feedback :)
    Post edited by gbrlpf22 on
  • Options
    tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    nvm overread smth.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    I think everyone is tired of this topic already... complainig isnt enough... you need basement of what you're trying to say....

We already have enough arguments, evidences, examples and feedbacks on the table, Let the developers decide the future of the game now ...

Yeaah kinda ironic u guys joined the alliance while we 'fight for our ideas' on the forums.... Great way to welcome new buddies :P Im sorry for that.. but it doesnt change anything, I do not regret anything I said...

But dont worry, I'm the friendliest person you'll ever see ... soon enough we'll be getting along haha

Peace!

• Options
    spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    Question: Is SoD a proc from a feat or is it something i have to use active?

• Options
    darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    spideymt said:

Question: Is SoD a proc from a feat or is it something i have to use active?

It is the capstone feat for Executioner. This is a possibly outdated version of the feat:

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• Options
    spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User

It is the capstone feat for Executioner. This is a possibly outdated version of the feat:

So what do i active have to do to proc this? Any special encounter?

• Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    This is not a soapbox forum. If you wish to provide feedback on changes or issues seen on Preview, please do so. Let's refrain from calling others opinions out and telling them what they should or should not feel is an issue or bug. As well, there is no place on the forum where bashing guilds or players is allowed, directly or indirectly.
This discussion has been closed.