test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

THIS is an important companion change costing millions.

mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
https://prnt.sc/fm8olq

SO with 5 legendary companions you get more than the 15% we currently have in live ?
each upgrade at legendary is 1m astral diamonds.
16-8%-4%-2%-1% btw.

Comments

• Options
    kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    or justification to have all 5 not just contributing to an item level

cash grab for the person who has everything lol...and if you have everything the then cost is nothing to you

is this a certain new companion or is the set bonus for any 5 legendary
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    It's a pretty marginal stat gain even at BiS. If someone wants to spend 4m AD on something that won't make a noticeable difference more power to them.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    WITH this change on legendary bonus i will make my suggestion how to attract poeple.
    Change the companion upgrade tokens to bound acount
  • Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User

WITH this change on legendary bonus i will make my suggestion how to attract poeple.
    Change the companion upgrade tokens to bound acount

I think that's a great idea!

• Options
    ddem0n888ddem0n888 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    > @dupeks said:
    > WITH this change on legendary bonus i will make my suggestion how to attract poeple.
    > Change the companion upgrade tokens to bound acount
    >
    > I think that's a great idea!

That's been brought up numerous times on the forum, reddit, live streams etc since the game began but nothing has happened.
    Guild - Excalibur
  • Options
    ddem0n888 said:

> @dupeks said:

> WITH this change on legendary bonus i will make my suggestion how to attract poeple.

> Change the companion upgrade tokens to bound acount

>

> I think that's a great idea!

That's been brought up numerous times on the forum, reddit, live streams etc since the game began but nothing has happened.

That's a fair point.

I would argue that the recent trend is for increased dev engagement on the forums. Also, we have reason to believe they are almost done with Mod12, so are beginning work on Mod12B QoL update. Now is the perfect time to call attention to QoL changes that are related to systems the are already working on.

So politely pushing this request again now is as good a shot as we've ever had :)
  • Options
    brewaldbrewald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 212 Arc User

16-8%-4%-2%-1% btw.

Not a very good suggestion for my opinion, maybe:
    1. 15% (first one) + 2% (second) + 3% (third) + 4% (fourth) + 6%(last one)
    2. 15% (first one) + 15% (set bonus if all are legendary)
    Brewald - GWF 18.3k
    Eleonore - CW Mof Renegade 17.5k
    Harlgard le Vieux - OP Prot 18.3k
    Valrik - DC AC 18.2k
    Furiela - SW Temp 18.1k
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    brewald said:

16-8%-4%-2%-1% btw.

Mamalion isn't suggesting anything these changes are already on preview.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    urabask said:

brewald said:

16-8%-4%-2%-1% btw.

Mamalion isn't suggesting anything these changes are already on preview.
    what he said .. reading comprehension 101
  • Options
    brewald said:

16-8%-4%-2%-1% btw.

Apart from what the others said (16/8/4/2/1 is already on preview), I'm curious why you think that's bad.

Generally speaking, I think diminishing returns are better. Otherwise the game favors big spenders too heavily.

It was silly that multiple legendary pets didn't provide any benefit, but having the benefit increase with each legendary seems exactly the opposite of what I'd want. I want to reduce the gear gap between best and not-best players, and make the journey towards BiS feel like progression. In my opinion having the bonus increase with more legionaries would disrupt that, and make it feel like a cash grab.
  • Options
    brewaldbrewald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 212 Arc User
    For my bad, I haven't seen than 16-8%-4%-2%-1% was on preview.
    But, the result rest the same, I don't think it's a good idea.

Why?
    Simply because all of us will stop after the best bonus, for someones at +8%, for others +4%...

Question for dev team :pensive:
    But what do you want?
    - Players search the best bonus?
    - or just a justification to use their old legendary companions (it's not a critic)
    Brewald - GWF 18.3k
    Eleonore - CW Mof Renegade 17.5k
    Harlgard le Vieux - OP Prot 18.3k
    Valrik - DC AC 18.2k
    Furiela - SW Temp 18.1k
  • Options
    brewald said:

For my bad, I haven't seen than 16-8%-4%-2%-1% was on preview.
    But, the result rest the same, I don't think it's a good idea.

Why?
    Simply because all of us will stop after the best bonus, for someones at +8%, for others +4%...

Question for dev team :pensive:
    But what do you want?
    - Players search the best bonus?
    - or just a justification to use their old legendary companions (it's not a critic)

Sorry, but I didn't understand pretty much any of your explanation as to why you think it's bad.

But what do they want? Probably to have items that bring ilvl (legendary is 200 vs 150 or whatnot) to also provide some benefit.

I think it's also to provide another AD sink - now it makes sense to spend AD (or upgrade tokens) to level up multiple companions.

If I understand, you're hoping for more of an incentive to upgrade your whole roster. That's why you're advocating for increasing rewards for more legendaries, right? If so, I guess we agree to disagree about what would be best for the game :)
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    brewald said:

Thus far, you can play viably without upgrading any companions at all, ever. And this is how the game should be balanced for the costliest upgrades, that they should be nice to have but never mandatory.

At the same time, it was a sub-optimal outcome of the ilvl changes that having multiple legendary companions increased ilvl but had no practical benefit at all. Some players were even really outraged over it because they viewed it as a way that some players would falsely pad their ilvl (teh horrorz). This is a solid compromise, imo, providing some benefit but not enough to be a priority to chase.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    The things people complain about is truely astonishing. At least now I have a reason to use my tokens and sink some AD.
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    I'll probably go for it, 10% critsev is decent, and I've a fire archon and sellsword at Orange anyway.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    Just upgraded my three companions that were not orange. Used all my tokens and 1M AD. Why not...lol
  • Options
    jonkoca said:

I'll probably go for it, 10% critsev is decent, and I've a fire archon and sellsword at Orange anyway.

Just to clarify, that 10% critsev is from the Erinyes or Cambion Magus companion. That's not new and it's not related to this change. What's new is that having more than one orange companion now gives you a some more % stats transferred with each subsequent legendary giving you a little less incremental bonus (+16% / +8% / + 4% / +2% / +1%).

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Oh, gotcha, so it's any oranges giving you a bonus, that's even better. I can keep all my archons, sellsword and seigemaster then. Having 3 at Orange is probably good enough.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    The 2nd is worth is at 8% (~700 stat pts, that's equivalent to a r12), the 3rd is pushing it at ~350 pts - after that it's very little value.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    armadeonx said:

The 2nd is worth is at 8% (~700 stat pts, that's equivalent to a r12), the 3rd is pushing it at ~350 pts - after that it's very little value.

True, but historically (haven't personally tested on preview) this stat transfer mechanic has also included buffs the pet is affected by, including power sharing auras. In an end-game party, a pet has typically >10,000+ additional power.

Although to be fair at that point you already are getting a ton of power so a tiny bit more is only a tiny bit more. I guess it's nice that's it gives you another reason to upgrade if you have tokens laying about.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Eh yes I forgot about companion buffs....
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    This will widen the gap between new players and BIS players even more.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    Okay, sellsword summoned, fire archon and another archon are legendary now. 3's enough for me. Mod 12-rdy!!!!
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    asterotg said:

From an epeen perspective, sure. It's not going to make such an enormous difference in performance that anyone who can't afford it should ever worry about it. Most expensive things don't make that much difference. You can have a playable character without buying into any of the costlier bells and whistles.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    werdandi#8366 werdandi Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    The additional % given by the additional legendary pet are too high.
    Instead of 16-8%-4%-2%-1%, something like 10-7-4-2-1% would have been more relevant (and fair).
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User

asterotg said:

From an epeen perspective, sure. It's not going to make such an enormous difference in performance that anyone who can't afford it should ever worry about it. Most expensive things don't make that much difference. You can have a playable character without buying into any of the costlier bells and whistles.
    Everything by itself is insignificant, sure, but it sums up. Not so much for a tank, DR cap can be reached without a problem. Buff and debuff chars are ok, as well (except AC DC), but a well build and well played 16k+ DD can dish out a significant amount of dmg a 12-14k player cant (except players, who lower their IL on purpose, ignoring reinforcement kits, suppurt slots, def slots etc. I did not run with him after the IL changes, but I know a near BIS GWF, who did that and brought tears into the eyes of BIS DDs, playing with a 3.3k IL char).

Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    Since we are encouraged to increase the quality of our companions, I think their active bonuses should follow the same pattern.

Almost all companions get their active bonus increased, when their quality is increased, but only up to Epic.

With this change, I think it's time to update that, to increase active bonus all the way up to Legendary quality...
  • Options
    xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User

Since we are encouraged to increase the quality of our companions, I think their active bonuses should follow the same pattern.

Almost all companions get their active bonus increased, when their quality is increased, but only up to Epic.

With this change, I think it's time to update that, to increase active bonus all the way up to Legendary quality...

This! 100% I have not considered upgrading any more of my companions for exactly this reason.

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

• Options
    deadshadows86deadshadows86 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    So are we sure about the % that was given ? my own calculation (that may be false btw) game me something like 18% 1rst legendary 9% second etc for more or less 36% total
    Took no companion invoked stats, invoked him (without any item) it game be something like 122 more power/ArmPen/Crit (668 base stats = 18% more or less), invoked 2nd gave me : 183 total from both (or 61 more than 1 legendary) 183 stats is 27% = 18+9 (61 stats is 9%)
    So ... From my point of view it seems it's either modified by companion influence (which should only change the base stats) or the 16% given before was wrong ... Btw i've got 0 of companion influence bonus stat and 3% from CHA ... So maybe it's that 3 CHA in 3% directly but it'll make thing totally OP for some classes ... So i don't think it is ...
    Seems like it's 18/9/4.5?/2.25?/1.175? Total 34.925 ??? Idk ... i'll prepare for 30% before it hit live and if it's more then i'll stilll have too much defense ...

Seems strange anyway, they didn't write it anywhere ... maybe it's a test for next modules that came up early and won't be coming too ...
    So ... wait and see ...

Edit after last update, now it seems i get the same % (more or less) 16.5% 1rst and 8.2% 2nd so basically rounding error ... so ... 31% total for my calculation to mod 12 build ...
    Post edited by deadshadows86 on