test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lost my Negation enchant a few months ago - character bound return.

aftershafteraftershafter Member Posts: 156 Arc User
edited June 2017 in Player Feedback (PC)
I realize this is likely a "tough beans" issue, but it is probably the most likely thing to drive me away from playing the game at the moment and I assume that this type of thing is important to the developers, so I'm going to throw it out there. When one loses an item and a GM is kind enough to return it it is character bound. Not unbound if it was before, not even account bound - bound to the character it was lost on. In the case of some items this *severely* cripples their potential functionality.

The short version of my story is - a few months ago my Pure Negation Enchantment went missing. I'm not sure why - it could have been a bug, it was quite likely human error, but I woke up one day and it was gone. After spending months and very significant resources building the damned thing, it was gone. I looked *everywhere* and then contacted a GM and pleaded to have it return and - huzzah! - it was. Unfortunately, the usually unbound enchant was returned character bound - to my cleric. So now a few months down the road when I have finally got my Guardian fighter to the point where he could really use it and I have an alternative enchant more suited to PvP up to pure and ready to upgrade to trans for my cleric, I try and switch the negation over to my GF to find that I can't because it is stuck on my cleric permanently. The single most expensive item I own is now bound to a character for whom it is, now, basically a paperweight.

I have opened a GM ticket about the possibility of getting it changed to account bound and apparently they can't do that. I have requested if the item could be made character bound on my GF (same account) instead of my DC since he will be the one using it permanently from now on - they can't do that. At the moments GMs have no way whatsoever, to help me. So my most expensive item representing months of work and resources is bound to a character who really doesn't need it when my other character really does and all because of what was likely a single stupid misclick months ago in the constant torrent of switching gear for different jobs (pre-loadouts). (side note - I was very polite with the GM. They're just doing their jobs - I thanked them for their time, was very civil and appreciative - really not their fault, and they've already been as helpful as they can be - I'm pleased with the support staff, if not with the outcome of the exchange)

Now again, I know it's likely that the only way I'll ever get a negation enchantment on my guardian fighter is to spend millions of astral diamonds, again, buying and upgrading my negation enchantment. It was (probably) my own stupid mistake that got me here. This may be the thing that drives me away from the game but I have come to terms with that my enchant is stuck to a character who doesn't need it. What I'm asking to be considered... This game requires thousands of clicks in a session and sometimes hundreds of clicks every clicks every time organizes their inventory/switches gear. That being the case, misclicks happen. Would there be any way to add something like a recycle bin, allowing for re-grabbing items that were accidentally discarded? Or give the GMs the power to return lost items bound to account rather than character? I don't think any scamming could be done in that case but it wouldn't make a single, stupid, tiny mistake such a tremendous issue for players like me, for whom a single misclick means we're basically out of millions of astral diamonds.

Thanks for considering. I'm lookin into working up a negation enchant again but the 6'ish million plus AD cost I have staring at me for it is really sucking the wind out of my sails right now and I'm thinking that maybe it's time to go back to Uncharted Waters or something other game.

Comments

• Options
    hammbo1969hammbo1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
    I assume they make it BtC to avoid someone fraudulantly claiming to have lost something, have it returned and immediately put on the AH... Understandable. However, why not give the community some credit at honesty and at least make hte item BtA?

I've had occasions when I've noticed items missing, but just put it down to user error (cos I like the occasional drink /cough) and just written them off. Fortunately it's just been the odd bit of epic gear, nothing as important as enchantments, which after all you could have been refining to a level to sell.

As you suggest, it would be incredibly useful to have a 24 hour window where you can view discarded or sold items, and either 'undelete' or buy them back.
  • Options
    That's the thing - I can understand making it bound to avoid scamming. I totally understand. And pure user error coming with *some* sort of penalty attached is fine too. But making items that were previously unbound BTA would be *so* much more helpful to the user, as in my case, and it would eliminate the possibility of scamming. Now a user who makes the error I did is stuck with what is potentially a multi-million AD paperweight.

The reality is the company has lost a lot of their programmers relatively recently and small stuff like this is likely going to be on the backburner for a long, long time, if the ever touch on it at all. So, that's likely all she wrote. Feels a bit better to vent though.

On a side note, I think I'm actually more careful when I'm having a wee dram... I suspect it was quickly trying to switch gear for an instance popping that got me to misclick.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Did you offer to discard the BtC Pure negation on the DC to have one issued to the GF, or did you just ask for another? CS will never fill in those kind of blanks for you. You have to take the initiative. And if you did, that's a bummer.

Unfortunately, while it seems like sometimes they will replace enchants with BtA items (reports vary), you can't count on it. To be safe, any discarded item you're asking to have replaced, you should specify which character needs it with full name@handle info.

This is information that I suppose should be added to our generic templates for "how to get NW CS to help you".
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    muminekm#3459 muminekm Member Posts: 248 Arc User

Did you offer to discard the BtC Pure negation on the DC to have one issued to the GF, or did you just ask for another? CS will never fill in those kind of blanks for you. You have to take the initiative. And if you did, that's a bummer.

Unfortunately, while it seems like sometimes they will replace enchants with BtA items (reports vary), you can't count on it. To be safe, any discarded item you're asking to have replaced, you should specify which character needs it with full name@handle info.

This is information that I suppose should be added to our generic templates for "how to get NW CS to help you".

I was in similiar situation and I offered to discard my stuff. And they agreed (and send stuff on second char) so you're right.

But some kind of way to retrieve discarded things would be nice (during first 24h). It would probably lessen a LOT CS workload. It's just too easy to discard/delete stuff sometimes. You need to write "discard" when you want to throw some trash but they don't ask if you're deleting your R12 enchant for examle.. .
  • Options

Unfortunately, I did pretty much everything you've suggested. First I asked if it could be changed to BTA, then I asked if it could be deleted from my one character (full handle included) and added, character bound, to the other character (full handle included). Then I suggested that I delete it from the one character and it be added to the other, full handle included. The GM stated quite outright, in the last one, that they A) could only give back character bound items and B) couldn't give them to any character but they one they are on. Thanks for the info, but I was already relatively thorough, I think. The GM was patient, polite, and sympathetic, but made it seem that he was utterly powerless to help.

I guess this begs the question - does anyone know if it is possible for them to give back BTA items? If so, I'll open another ticket and cite this thread - but, I don't want to waste the GMs time if it is not possible. THey have, again, been helpful and while I am unhappy with the outcome, I am happy with their responsiveness and service.

Ultimately, it was likely my own stupid mistake and I'm likely to just end up having to eat the cost or move on... If it were anything but my bloody negation enchant...
  • Options

I was in similiar situation and I offered to discard my stuff. And they agreed (and send stuff on second char) so you're right.

But some kind of way to retrieve discarded things would be nice (during first 24h). It would probably lessen a LOT CS workload. It's just too easy to discard/delete stuff sometimes. You need to write "discard" when you want to throw some trash but they don't ask if you're deleting your R12 enchant for examle.. .

Hey, just to clarify... Are you saying that you offered to discard the item and they agreed to send it to another character for you? If so, and I just happened to get a GM who was personally unwilling to exchange it that may be grounds for me to open another ticket. I really don't see my DC or anyone but my tank ever wanting the negation again so character bound to my GF is just fine by me... That being said, I don't want to bug the GMs more than is necessary.

But yeah, unfortunately, stuff happens and it *really* sucks sometimes. It's a waste of time for them to constantly have to deal with deleted items, and a big disappointment for players who lost an item accidentally while switching gear.
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    I had the same issue only with a legendary mount and on PS4 - I offered if they told me how - to delete it off of the character it was bound to if they would bind it to the correct character. They told me that they are unable to do that. My issue was caused by a lag spike where I went to inspect the legendary - the game froze up, little red numbers at the top started counting. I waited them out and discovered that the mount was now bound to a mule alt. Apparently it sucks to be me.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP