test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PS4] Wanting to enjoy pvp but can't

maxcook996#4790 maxcook996 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
edited June 2017 in PvP Discussion
Hello,

I don't normally make any posts or threads with any gripes or complaints but I feel like I need to talk this one out to see if I'm the only who is affected by this.

So I like pvp in neverwinter very much I play pvp everyday for the daily pvp quest and seals of truimph but over the last few days I've been playing pvp take today for example I played 12 games and 11 out of the 12 were complete stomps because the other team was a premade 6 stack of high geared players agasint solo queuers and players ( no offence ) were very low gear level probably doing the same as I trying to get the seals of truimph. It's frustrating to try and play agasint premade teams as they have every advantage against you.

I would really like to crack on with pvp for the boons etc but goings agasint premade puts me right off. I'd like to know what you guys think or have exspeirenced during pvp.

Thanks.

[Mod Edit: Moved to PvP Discussion, added PS4 prefix.]
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• mynx#2254 mynx Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I agree. I get stomped on by teams just trying to do the dailies in Icewind Dale. I don't enjoy being alone there and having a team of 5 people all crush me at once. I'm sure it makes them feel like big people, but it puts me off, too. I stopped queuing for pvp because of the premades...
  • chadworth66chadworth66 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    Yea just keep whining about it so we can get solo queue back which was amazing. Let the premade people face each other.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    They are planning on bringing solo queue back permanently, but they have things to work on before that. There are a lot of changes coming to PvP in the future. Check out this thread in the Preview forums for more information about where PvP is headed!
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    > @kreatyve said:
    > They are planning on bringing solo queue back permanently, but they have things to work on before that. There are a lot of changes coming to PvP in the future. Check out this thread in the Preview forums for more information about where PvP is headed!

Can't they just activate it permanently right now? It works. There is no reason. Just make the solo queue event last forever.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

> @kreatyve said:

> They are planning on bringing solo queue back permanently, but they have things to work on before that. There are a lot of changes coming to PvP in the future. Check out this thread in the Preview forums for more information about where PvP is headed!

Can't they just activate it permanently right now? It works. There is no reason. Just make the solo queue event last forever.

I don't pretend to know their reasoning behind not turning it on permanently right now, but I think it's because they want to see what happens with it after they turn on private lobbies.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    Go into PE and make your own premade group. Yeah premade group do better, we tend to share chat and work as a team to complete stuff. It is the same in dungeons as well. Many que groups fail GWD and CC due to lack of communication and working as a team.

Using the que you can clearly see which players learned mechanics and learned how to play their character and the game at a higher level. PVP or PVE, it does not matter, random que tend to have a lower success rate than premade groups. It is just a known thing in MMOs.

So, again, go into PE and get a group together and get everyone into voice chat.
    > @mebengalsfan#9264 said:
    > Go into PE and make your own premade group. Yeah premade group do better, we tend to share chat and work as a team to complete stuff. It is the same in dungeons as well. Many que groups fail GWD and CC due to lack of communication and working as a team.
    >
    > Using the que you can clearly see which players learned mechanics and learned how to play their character and the game at a higher level. PVP or PVE, it does not matter, random que tend to have a lower success rate than premade groups. It is just a known thing in MMOs.
    >
    > So, again, go into PE and get a group together and get everyone into voice chat.

Yea I agree. Still though the premmades usually are full 4k pvp build with feytouchs. And if they have a healer and pally gl killing them. Also any DC debuffing you with a 1 shot maxed tr... Gl too. Anyone you grouping up with in PE most likely won't live longer than 5 seconds for you guys to work together.
    > @kreatyve said:
    > > @kreatyve said:
    >
    > > They are planning on bringing solo queue back permanently, but they have things to work on before that. There are a lot of changes coming to PvP in the future. Check out this thread in the Preview forums for more information about where PvP is headed!
    >
    >
    >
    > Can't they just activate it permanently right now? It works. There is no reason. Just make the solo queue event last forever.
    >
    > I don't pretend to know their reasoning behind not turning it on permanently right now, but I think it's because they want to see what happens with it after they turn on private lobbies.

Are private lobbies going to give rewards?
  • regizaki#8947 regizaki Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    As far as PVP goes it's death to go in there without a premade team and you can expect for the people there to well geared. Best advice I can give you is to get a premade team and just take the L's until you and your team are geared just as well to make it competitive or just wait until they bring back the solo queues.
    <3 Shadow Pixies <3

> @kreatyve said:

> > @kreatyve said:

>

> > They are planning on bringing solo queue back permanently, but they have things to work on before that. There are a lot of changes coming to PvP in the future. Check out this thread in the Preview forums for more information about where PvP is headed!

>

>

>

> Can't they just activate it permanently right now? It works. There is no reason. Just make the solo queue event last forever.

>

> I don't pretend to know their reasoning behind not turning it on permanently right now, but I think it's because they want to see what happens with it after they turn on private lobbies.

Are private lobbies going to give rewards?

No, there is too much potential for abuse if they did.
    kuI2v8l.png
    > @kreatyve said:
    > > @kreatyve said:
    >
    > > > @kreatyve said:
    >
    > >
    >
    > > > They are planning on bringing solo queue back permanently, but they have things to work on before that. There are a lot of changes coming to PvP in the future. Check out this thread in the Preview forums for more information about where PvP is headed!
    >
    > >
    >
    > >
    >
    > >
    >
    > > Can't they just activate it permanently right now? It works. There is no reason. Just make the solo queue event last forever.
    >
    > >
    >
    > > I don't pretend to know their reasoning behind not turning it on permanently right now, but I think it's because they want to see what happens with it after they turn on private lobbies.
    >
    >
    >
    > Are private lobbies going to give rewards?
    >
    > No, there is too much potential for abuse if they did.

In that case I don't see it being popular except with the hardcore pvp people who want to know who's best in 1v1s.
  • disposablehero#5903 disposablehero Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    If you want to win at PvP you have to use their strategies against them, OP. Buy the better enchants, pot up and show no mercy. Since you're on PS4, hit me up sometime if you find yourself needing a shotgun wizard in the arena.
    Dungeon Interior Coordinator for WAR-BOUND. <i class="Italic"></i>

PS4 characters:
    Brie Liadon, Shotgun Wizard
    Disposable Hero, Kidney removal technician
    Valorous Cake, Armored pastry defender
    Ginger Christ needs no introductions
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Solo PvP queue event is coming to Console later in July. There are plans to implement it permanently but it's a WIP so no timeline.
  • markeen#2032 markeen Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    There are also some pretty good pvp guides to help with builds. I usually like checking out MiniMi 007 on YouTube. He's been playing Neverwinter on PC about 4 years and mostly pvp. He has some builds and tips for fresh level 70's. Worth checking out ata least. The builds can be used across all platforms.
    Founder of Knights of Ra guild in Neverwinter PS4. Founder of The Arashikage Clan in Defiance, formally of PlayStation Home.
  • grampyrulz#4209 grampyrulz Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    Make sure you try solo queue when it comes around max, that is if you haven't already tried it.
  • diloul31diloul31 Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    I don't know really much about pvp...

What i can tell you is i main a sw hellbringer 12k far away from bis with little pvp gear and stuff and i pretty much destroy everything "easily".
    (off course there is some tanks/healadins that just refuse to die but they are meant to play in teams)

I have 2 pieces from tarmalune shop, 2 pieces from koeing/town shop, a dread 9 and it's pretty much all i need.
    It's all about spells rotations.
    Post edited by diloul31 on
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    awww you guys are so cute here in the Ps4 pvp thread trying to help each other out +1 to all

shout out to @kreatyve and @nitocris83 for being so super helpful :D

good news to tell in the threads for a change :P

there might be a limted reward system for private Qs suggested tho ..
    and its not just for practising 1 v 1 .. its to put premades of low guild players all together to practice pvp
    in an lower threataning/ impact match environment of their choosing 1 v 1 2 v 2 etc

also planned for guantle gyrm 10 v 10 which could be fun
  • bladedge12bladedge12 Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    Really PvP is just HAMSTER. They need to scrap the line up system and start again. Because if you have someone at gear 5k that is just at 70 going up agents someone at 15k in maxed out pvp gear you have huge problems with your line up system.
    ✋☞ ✡⚐
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Here is the problem as I see it. Last night it occurred to our guild that we need to actually step it up and get conqueror shards. We are a 100% pve guild. 10 people, all hesitant to even set foot in PVP because of negative experiences from other games happened to be in the chat at that point.

So after much discussion we pump ourselves up and basically go with the "okay we will probably lose, but maybe it will be fun and we will want to actually invest in the gear and stuff, make a pvp loadout etc."

We went in and it was not fun.

Two full groups of us in different domination matches - both encountering people on the other side from the same premade alliance, decked out in full PVP gear. They stood at the bottom of the spawn point just jumping us as soon as any one stepped down. 1000 - 0. We got no credit complete waste of time, and most of my people will never set foot in another pvp match.

Here is the thing - I went into pvp one other time, was completely out matched, the people we played against in that one were another pvp guild, but one with a better reputation. They stood there and let me get a base so that everyone in there got credit for the time. They still demolished us, but at least I walked out with something to put in the mimic.

I keep hearing PS4 pvp players crying about having to wait forever for a match - well if you didn't make pvp such a miserable experience for the rest of us, you'd have more people to play with. Don't take a dump in the sandbox and wonder why no one wants to come play with you.

10 people all of whom would have spent the AD to get PvP gear, buy an extra loadout etc, to have gotten tolerable at PVP - walked in the door and said "F that, why would I waste my time/AD on anything to do that again?" it was stupid.
    Post edited by ravenskya on
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• elrondknightelrondknight Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    ravenskya said:

Here is the problem as I see it. Last night it occurred to our guild that we need to actually step it up and get conqueror shards. We are a 100% pve guild. 10 people, all hesitant to even set foot in PVP because of negative experiences from other games.

So after much discussion we pump ourselves up and basically go with the "okay we will probably lose, but maybe it will be fun and we will want to actually invest in the gear and stuff, make a pvp loadout etc."

We went in and it was not fun.

Two full groups of us in different domination matches - both encountering people on the other side from the same premade alliance, decked out in full PVP gear. They stood at the bottom of the spawn point just jumping us as soon as any one stepped down. 1000 - 0. We got no credit complete waste of time, and most of my people will never set foot in another pvp match.

Here is the thing - I went into pvp one other time, was completely out matched, the people we played against in that one were another pvp guild, but one with a better reputation. They stood there and let me get a base so that everyone in there got credit for the time. They still demolished us, but at least I walked out with something to put in the mimic.

I keep hearing PS4 pvp players crying about having to wait forever for a match - well if you didn't make pvp such a miserable experience for the rest of us, you'd have more people to play with. Don't take a dump in the sandbox and wonder why no one wants to come play with you.

10 people all of whom would have spent the AD to get PvP gear, buy an extra loadout etc, to have gotten tolerable at PVP - walked in the door and said "F that, why would I waste my time/AD on anything to do that again?" it was stupid.

Can you get the conq. shards from maze engine?

@elrondknight yes, 10 a week I think, and 2 a day from elemental evil
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    ravenskya said:

@elrondknight yes, 10 a week I think, and 2 a day from elemental evil

Slow & steady wins the race. Also, you could party up with new-ish guildies to help them thru those areas faster ;)

@wintersmoke We already do that - we just wanted to see if pvp would be a new fun area for us to play around in. We were hoping to come out of it thinking "hey that was kind of fun, we should do that more often"

Instead one of our guild members went out and spent $100 to just buy the shards for the next level.

edited August 2017
    Raven, I would recommend trying it again at a lower lvl if you have a lot of newer players to PvP on the same team. I know the rewards are not the same, but it helps to get your feet wet and understand the different play style of PvP. The lower lvl the better. Also, my iL is not that great, low to mediocre at best, but I can usually manage at least one win a day (sometimes many more, sometimes none) for the shards. That could change if population drops during my playtime when school starts. I did invest early on in PvP equipment as it doesn't effect PvE that much. Not really worth it now that tenacity is going to change. I have spent many matches at the campsite because of full blown PvP premades, it does suck. After you do it enough you end up on the other end of it, and to me is just as bad. I refuse to participate in map entrance slaughter, it is completely unnecessary and easily avoidable through map design. In fact, if I see it as a one sided match in my teams favor, I will not attack unless attacked. Just because it's PvP doesn't mean you can't have a modicum of respect for all players, even your opponent's. So many players jump on you or run in circles around your dead body - so childish. I swear they would dry hump my corpse if they could. This has generally been the PvP experience upon death throughout PvP history I think. I can only assume that the ppl who do this are making up for something else missing in their life. When the match becomes a sit at the campfire for me and the other team is heckling at the drop zone I usually summon a profession vendor or a bank portal right on the edge and go about my business.
    Post edited by grampyrulz#4209 on
  • plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    I dont want to give you lot of hope, but new mod12 is trying to fix some of it.

with the update piercing damage is not one hit kill anymore, both HR and TR do reasonable damage compare to before.
    you depend less on ArP. guild boon is still very strong but you will depend less on it when doing damage

if in the past i used to have once a week competetive match in PVP ~ 1/20
    now its allmost every day ~ 1/5

i always pug and the matching systemdoesn't work. the other day i had match with one team all 14K+ with 2 DC and the other team all 6-9K with none.
    i am pretty sure matchin is completly random or the leaderboard is completly broken.

in PC there are about 1500 active players (only 60 pages have 2 wins or more sine reset 3 weeks ago)
    at the end its small community and if you like PVP you should find the way.
    PVP tenacity is must, at least 2K

get yourself active guild even SH13 bonus is important
    some classes depend more on stat like GWF and SW (ArP, HP, deflect, lifesteal, power...)
    some don't depend on ArP at all like DC, TR, and HR
    and some preform good in both pve and pvp like OP and GF.

there is lot of kicking now. and its not adding to fun
    2ppl is enough to kick. and sometimes ppl get kicked for no obious reason. (especially on the tight matches)
    Post edited by plavia on
    You still need tenacity? I thought it was going away, or is that 12b?
  • andre#8369 andre Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Post edited by andre#8369 on